Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2011   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 154760 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Seen enough of starters?

Gary recently said that one's will not play much next game and that is not unusual but have you seen enough? I hope Barwin, Mario, KJ, Manning, Joseph play more. I know Jacoby is not a starter but I want to see a lot more of him against Vikes. Any concerns about Cushing?
Old 08-31-2011   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Seen enough of starters?

Starters already preparing for the Colts...ya ain't gonna see em much no matter what methinks. Most teams use week 3 to give their starters reps/time and week 4 is for the primary reserves and the guys who are playing their last game.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #3
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd put no offensive starters on the field vs. the Vikes except maybe a little James Casey and JJ. I'd like to see more Vickers to see what he has and JJ makin some plays.
On defense, perhaps some KJ and Jason Allen early giving way to the younger guys. No need for anyone up front.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Absolutely seen enough of the starters. The Texans team that plays Minnesota should be borderline unrecognizable by halftime.
Old 08-31-2011   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 154760 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan View Post
I'd put no offensive starters on the field vs. the Vikes except maybe a little James Casey and JJ. I'd like to see more Vickers to see what he has and JJ makin some plays.
On defense, perhaps some KJ and Jason Allen early giving way to the younger guys. No need for anyone up front.
Think I would start KJ and Allen and Nolan for at least a half.
Old 08-31-2011   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan View Post

Jacoby Jones should play the whole game and every game from here on out. If they insist on giving this man another contract the least he can do is go out there and attempt to learn how to catch the ball.

Disappointed in Dorin Dickerson too. I was hoping this was the year he dropped JJ down a notch on the depth chart. He should play the whole game too. Maybe there's still time to take that step.

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Think I would start KJ and Allen and Nolan for at least a half.
Yeah, that's kind of a good point. See if Nolan continues to roll and KJ/Allen could use all the work they can get.
Old 08-31-2011   #7
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Jacoby Jones should play the whole game and every game from here on out. If they insist on giving this man another contract the least he can do is go out there and attempt to learn how to catch the ball.

Disappointed in Dorin Dickerson too. I was hoping this was the year he dropped JJ down a notch on the depth chart. He should play the whole game too. Maybe there's still time to take that step.
Agreed on both of those points.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-31-2011   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:

edit:

Yeah, that's kind of a good point. See if Nolan continues to roll and KJ/Allen could use all the work they can get.
I m hopeful that DD is a regular game player as he had some bright spots during season lat year. Maybe he is one of those Brooks Reed players who come alive with more on the line; Dickerson may need the real game thing to shine.
Old 08-31-2011   #9
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I would not the ones. . . Or many of the two's.

If I know you're making the team, you're not playing.

I'd play all the bubble guys so I could get a good long look at them.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #10
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 22796 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I want 3 1/2 quarters from TJ Yates or more and want to see any of the young WRs step up and do something.
Old 08-31-2011   #11
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I want 3 1/2 quarters from TJ Yates or more and want to see any of the young WRs step up and do something.
Ditto

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #12
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95075 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

I would play Mario Williams the whole first half. He needs the reps if they plan on keeping him at OLB. Why would you want to go into the regular season without giving him every chance possible to get him adjusted to it? I mean he would be going against hacks anyway.
Old 08-31-2011   #13
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 225723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #14
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

i have no reason to watch, hope its an injury free night
ATXtexanfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #15
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Young pup's night -- starters = cheerleaders.
Old 08-31-2011   #16
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Seen enough of starters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I would not the ones. . . Or many of the two's.

If I know you're making the team, you're not playing.

I'd play all the bubble guys so I could get a good long look at them.
This
Old 08-31-2011   #17
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yup, seen enough.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #18
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You mean like this??

When the lights go on, Jacoby makes plays.
If you remember that game, he dropped an easy ball
exactly ONE play before he made THIS sick catch.

David "Catch-n-Fall" Anderson is gone. Let it go.
It aint' Jacoby's fault the Texans wouldn't give him
the contract he needed to get out of that one-bedroom
slum he lives in (according to "David Anderson's Cribs.)
Old 08-31-2011   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I would play Mario Williams the whole first half. He needs the reps if they plan on keeping him at OLB. Why would you want to go into the regular season without giving him every chance possible to get him adjusted to it? I mean he would be going against hacks anyway.
Yeah, I'd like to Mario go berserk and build his confidence for regular season.
Old 08-31-2011   #20
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Starters already preparing for the Colts...ya ain't gonna see em much no matter what methinks. Most teams use week 3 to give their starters reps/time and week 4 is for the primary reserves and the guys who are playing their last game.
What Kubiak said on Tuesday:

Well I don’t think it’s a matter of dividing right now. We’re going to play all the young players. There’s plenty to go around. I would say we’re going to play the twos for a half, the threes for a half, but really body count-wise, we’re down and we’re going to hold a bunch of guys. There’s plenty of football to go around. You guys are going to see all of our young guys play the entire game.

(on if the game on Thursday will be an important game for QB Matt Leinart) “Yeah, it’s a chance for him to play a lot. I still want to play T.J. (Yates) too. He will play a lot, T. J. will play. Matt (Leinart) improved last week. I think we kind of slowed ourselves down with Matt last week and made sure we weren’t asking him to do too much and he played better and he practiced well today, so we’ll see.”

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read