Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2011   #1
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1035 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How Do Postseason Tickets Work?

Ok...I'm phrasing this in such a way as to not jinx us, but I need a little insight as I have to start saving now if this is possible for me.

I told my wife 5 years ago (can't believe it's been that long) that I was going to be at the first playoff game we had, no matter where. My question is as follows:

What are the average ticket prices for postseason games? Are they easy to come by at a slightly-almost-kind-of-if-you-make-a-billion-dollars reasonable price and don't have season tickets?

I'm ok with nosebleeds if that's what it has to be, but I prefer seats that are similar to the 300's at Reliant. I'm also too young to have been to any playoff games for the Oilers, so I really haven't the first clue. I'm starting to save now, but what kind of price range can I expect for nosebleeds or decent seats? I am absolutely reserved to the fact that good/great seats are out of the question for me due to cost. I also have to factor in travel, but that can be dealt with if the tickets are affordable.

Thanks for any help you all can give!
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #2
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 467 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How Do Postseason Tickets Work?

I'd budget $300/ticket, plus possible travel if it's an away game if that's what you're asking.
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #3
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1035 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign_lee View Post
I'd budget $300/ticket, plus possible travel if it's an away game if that's what you're asking.
Thanks. Would that be nosebleed section? I've only been able to go to one game at Reliant, and GlassHalfFull gave us a very fair (maybe even face value) price for the tickets in the 350's section. Awesome seats.

P.S. even a home game means travel for me. I live up in North Texas.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #4
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 22174 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

If you are a season ticket holder the tickets aren't that expensive. When the Cowboys were in the playoffs two years ago, the ticket cost for the first preseason increased by $20, and if there would have a second game, an additional $20. If you don't have season tickets, then it would probably be to your advantage to get to know a season ticket holder early in the season that cannot go and would be willing to sell lower than a King's ransom.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read