Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2011   #41
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak speech!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I'm at work and can't watch the video but from the posts I can imagine that it's the same old sunshine Gary has been pumping up our ass the last few years. He needs to shut up and let his team do the talking on the field. Talk is cheap until you have to back it up.

I agree with Trap Star, F Kubiak.
You're right, Kubiak should never talk to the press.

Whatever guys, getting all riled up because he did a press conference, what do you expect?
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #42
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I really didn't see anything wrong with that speech. Kubiak is a public figure, and much like a politician, he needs to always paint a rosy picture of where the franchise is going regardless of the circumstances. I wouldn't expect anything else from what is essentially a pep rally and/or fundraiser. In 10 days we will get to see how much of the rubber meets the road, which of course will be much more telling than any luncheon speech.

Go Texans!
Old 08-31-2011   #43
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Well, after the addition of Joseph, Manning, and the drafting of JJ Watt... not to mention our greatest acquisition Wade Phillips... I'm gonna buy into the sunshine speeches, and massive amounts of Kool-Aid... I'm just that kinda sucker
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #44
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I really didn't see anything wrong with that speech. Kubiak is a public figure, and much like a politician, he needs to always paint a rosy picture of where the franchise is going regardless of the circumstances. I wouldn't expect anything else from what is essentially a pep rally and/or fundraiser. In 10 days we will get to see how much of the rubber meets the road, which of course will be much more telling than any luncheon speech.

Go Texans!
I saw the speech in person. Thought it was as good as you could do given the sort of season they had last year. I'm fussy about public speaking, think most public speakers are terrible and I've seen him do a bunch of speeches, and I think he is particularly good at it.

People complain that Kubiak isn't an emotional guy. Maybe not at press conferences. But you see how he motivates when he does speeches like this or when you see him on the practice field.

His players want to play for him. That's not everything in coaching but it is a big part of it. Ultimately, it isn't about talking, it is about results.
Old 08-31-2011   #45
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Lol.

What does that mean?
It means: If you had an avatar, he'd be sure to copy cat/steal it!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #46
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

The problem with all these "F Kubiakers" is that they intend to remain "F Kubiakers, no matter what happens in the future. All because they just didn't get their way.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #47
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
What do you EXPECT him to do at a team luncheon, where he is EXPECTED to get up and talk??? You think he's suppose to be a negative nellie like so many posters on this board? Geeeezzz, the man has never been good at public speeches, and never will be. BUT, he did what he was suppose to do, he gave a positive speech about THIS year, not last, nor the year before! YES, talk is cheap, but, he's not the one out there on that friggin field screwin up, it's up to his players to "back it up!"

FWIW! I've never been a huge Kubiak fan, BUT, he is what he is, the HC of the Houston Texans, and as long as he is in that role, I will support him! I agree with Corrosion. No one cares more about this team than GK! I bet some of you won't be saying "F Kubiak" if he takes us to the SB!!
I'm not a fan of Kubiak, obviously, but if he takes us to the playoffs or SB I'll patt the man on the back and say good job. I'll give him his props when they're earned. You make a good point, it was at a public luncheon where he's expected to pump sunshine up our ass.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-31-2011   #48
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
The problem with all these "F Kubiakers" is that they intend to remain "F Kubiakers, no matter what happens in the future. All because they just didn't get their way.
I wore the soap... we can change our ways Well at least until they lose their first game, then we'll be back on our Anti-Kubes tirade... I know, I've seen me do it
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #49
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 267781 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak's quite the speech maker. Always has been.

Old 08-31-2011   #50
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Kubiak's quite the speech maker. Always has been.

Ha, just watched that movie for the billionth time the other day. Great movie
Old 08-31-2011   #51
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 267781 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I disagree. I'm as big a "**** Kubiaker" as anyone. Based on his past performance I still believe he should have been fired. He wasn't though so here we are back again for the 2011 ride and I'd like nothing better than for this to be the year he transforms into the right guy. I think everyone pretty much feels that way. A winning season and a playoff run is always good stuff no matter who delivers it.

I am enthusiastic about the moves that have been made. I wasn't incredibly impressed with just adding Wade at first but step by step I've been won over.

Adding Wade was like "That's not going to be enough!" and then letting Wade drive during draft time was like "But... Well that's an interesting bunch of rookies. I kinda like those picks!"

Watching their moves in free agency (Joseph & Manning) was "Now that's what I'm talking about!". I wanted Aso but see the sense in what the Texans did. They made a legitimate run at Aso and then didn't let themselves get used by him beyond that point. That's all I ever asked that they do.

Now I just don't see anybody still raging about Gary not being fired. If the Texans screw the pooch this year too then there will be plenty of time and reasons to rage about Gary not being fired and I imagine I'll have lots of company doing it. Right now though I'm happy and would like nothing better than to see Gary suddenly bring it all together with a 10-11 win season.
Old 08-31-2011   #52
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

He wants the fans their early for warm ups . With all the beer in the parking lot that WONT happen.
Old 08-31-2011   #53
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 346173 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, nice speech, and agree with the above sentiment, what else is he going to say in that situation?

Now all that said, he talked the talk. It's time to see if his team can walk the walk.

Go Texans! Our time has come.
Old 09-02-2011   #54
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bullshit. Do you even read this board? Most of us who want the guy gone would sell our souls for a trip to the playoffs - Kubiak or not. It's about the team, not about the COACH. A lot of us firmly believe that the team is held back because of the coach, and, let's be real here: we're right.

I want Kubiak to succeed, despite the fact I think he's a dolt. Not because he's a "nice guy" - because I'm a fan of the team.

Get it?
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011   #55
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Bullshit. Do you even read this board? Most of us who want the guy gone would sell our souls for a trip to the playoffs - Kubiak or not. It's about the team, not about the COACH. A lot of us firmly believe that the team is held back because of the coach, and, let's be real here: we're right.

I want Kubiak to succeed, despite the fact I think he's a dolt. Not because he's a "nice guy" - because I'm a fan of the team.

Get it?
Cool. Saved me some typing.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #56
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Did Gary skip out on the Gary Kubiak Show?
Old 12-20-2011   #57
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Did Gary skip out on the Gary Kubiak Show?
Yes. When asked why he said it was because he is pissed and he's got a whole team's butt to kick.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #58
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

It's because they had a walk through practice on Monday at 7:30 pm. No time to do a radio show when you have a short week.
Old 12-20-2011   #59
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 56294 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Kimmy,

I like El Tejano's explanation better.
Old 12-20-2011   #60
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Yes. When asked why he said it was because he is pissed and he's got a whole team's butt to kick.

+1 dude
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read