Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-30-2011   #1
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx
Default DeMecos injury

Can someone clarify his injury status for me? I just listened to the podcast w/ kubes, wade, antonio, and meco...And a reporter asked kubes about Meco missing almost all off the season.

My hearing might be screwed up but it got me a lil worried. If he was to miss a significant part of the season i would've thought it'd be a little more publicized.
Old 08-30-2011   #2
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: DeMecos injury

He played game 1 against the Jets and bruised his elbow pretty good. That is the reason they have been holding him out, not his Achilles injury. He will be good to go week 1.
Old 08-30-2011   #3
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTraxx View Post
Can someone clarify his injury status for me? I just listened to the podcast w/ kubes, wade, antonio, and meco...And a reporter asked kubes about Meco missing almost all off the season.

My hearing might be screwed up but it got me a lil worried. If he was to miss a significant part of the season i would've thought it'd be a little more publicized.
This is what CloakNNNDagger posted on the subject about a week ago....
Quote:
Sounds like Demeco has a case of olecranon (elbow) bursitis......an inflammation of the elbow bursa (elbow protection buffer pad mechanism).

It can happen with one acute direct trauma to the elbow or repeated traumas. Rest is the most important part of the treatment. RICE is the main approach along with anti-inflammatory meds, and possible needle fluid aspiration if accumulation is significant. This can take weeks to several months to resolve and can easily recur with continued or recurrent trauma. Recurrence is especially likely, if adequate time for clinical resolution is not allowed before the area is exposed to additional trauma. With recurrent aspirations, you worry about infection of the bursa which can lead to even greater problems. In cases such as this or in cases of multiple recurrence of the inflammatory bursitis, surgery may be indicated, although the need for surgery is still the exception.

ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011   #4
NETxTexanFan
Rookie

Go to NFL.com and there you should discover what it is you seek. What you have stated is the first I have heard of such. I am watching NFL Network and there has been nothing about this running under the replayed preseason games about this. If all else fails check out ESPN if you have it or go to their website.
NETxTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011   #5
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTraxx View Post

Maybe they were talking about him missing almost all of LAST season.
Old 08-30-2011   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
This is what CloakNNNDagger posted on the subject about a week ago....
I understand that often these can be drained and player continues but takes much longer to heal.
Old 08-30-2011   #7
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Why play him at all? Let him get in extra rehab on the achilles.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read