Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-23-2005   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Travis Johnson? No one suspected that

what do you think?
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #2
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who is Travis Johnson?

OK!

I know nothing about this kid. Can we get some info on him? Ive heard his name but had no idea that we were so high on him.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #3
Fletch
Rookie

bullsh*t pick
Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Comes down to us trading derrick jonson for travis johnson and a 3rd rounder next year. can't believe we passed on pollack, spears, clayton, barnes, etc....so many other good options
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #5
AndreJ
All Pro

Lmao im speechless, im just sitting here in my chair and contemplating life. I dont know what to think>! Im seriously at a loss for words. Hope he works out for us thats about all that can come to mind. (It took me a good 5 min to write this)
Old 04-23-2005   #6
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Well, he did put up good numbers against top compition, so he can't be that bad. I guess we better start getting use to the fact that his is coming here and DJ isn't.
Old 04-23-2005   #7
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
Well, he did put up good numbers against top compition, so he can't be that bad. I guess we better start getting use to the fact that his is coming here and DJ isn't.
I agree with you!! The Texans didn't need another LB. They needed someone up front to help stop the run. I like the pick!!
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-23-2005   #8
MikeMc
All Pro

Total shocker! Why did they not trade down again? He is probably no better than a 2nd rd pick! OMFG!!
Old 04-23-2005   #9
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
bullsh*t pick
Totally agreed. We used our only pick in the first two rounds on that? What about Spears, Clayton, Pollard, White.......and that is all we could think off what a brain fart.
Old 04-23-2005   #10
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMc
Total shocker! Why did they not trade down again? He is probably no better than a 2nd rd pick! OMFG!!
Wrong!! He was rated very high by several teams!!
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #11
pilottim
Rookie

Default Worst pick ever

TJ had 3 whole sacks last year. He is a one year wonder. He had 3 whole tackles for loss his junior year.

HORRIBLE PICK

Shaun Cody had almost 3 sacks in the orange bowl last year. He rules the back field. We will regret this draft like we have all our 2nd and 3rd round picks.
pilottim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #12
Janus3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114
I agree with you!! The Texans didn't need another LB. They needed someone up front to help stop the run. I like the pick!!
thank you, just because he's not a texas boy and doesn't play in the big 12 doesn't mean he's not good. TJ doesnt have big numbers cuz HE'S A HOLE CLOSER. the linebackers get the tackles. Johnson disrupts the play.
Janus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #13
texanfan12
Rookie

sucks a**! We'll probably wait 4 more hours for them to draft a kicker in teh 3rd...I'm gonna go get ready for the Rockets game
texanfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #14
Janus3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMc
lol, yeah, he was the #1 DT on many boards with castillo being the one battling him for the top spot, bbut castillo was injured much of last year.
Janus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #15
jr0ck
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jr0ck

Quote:
TJ had 3 whole sacks last year
since the 3-4 is supposed to be a sack generating system for the DL

that being said, i would have prefered spears but in CC i trust...
Old 04-23-2005   #16
Holden135
Veteran

I know a lot of people don't like this pick but he is a big body that will help our horrid rush defense. He fits the 3-4 defense well and in the short time the texans have been a team we have done pretty well in the first round. Give this guy a chance. Last year i wasn't too happy with D-rob and look how he turned out. Now i wonder where we go with our next pick.
Holden135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #17
fresno8
Veteran

Wow. We could have traded down to get this guy. I have been @ a loss for words for 10 minutes. I'm glad we addressed d-line, but why not trade down even 3 picks again and get a pick this year. We passed on Clayton, Spears, Pollack, Barron, this list goes on. I hope he is good I don't know a lot about him so I don't want to pass judgement on him yet.
Old 04-23-2005   #18
SDBoltz
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz

you passed up DJ lol we got merriman and i am moooore than happy. TJ was the wrong pick could have gotten him in the second maybe 3rd round
SDBoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #19
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Castillo - Wasn't he the steriod guy?
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #20
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9693 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Bummed that we didnt draft DJ when we had the chance to but I still like the pick.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read