Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-30-2011   #21
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The NFL’s New Dirty Player… Ndamukong Suh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Unfortunately, if they ever DO get over the top...they'll be even more obnoxious as Saints fan are right now. Detroit has been in the doghouse so long, that the day they get a Penthouse Suite will make them unbearable for about a decade afterward.
Do you honestly think Texans fans would be any different after a decade of futility and 18 years of playoff drought in this city?
Old 08-30-2011   #22
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Last year I saw some posters suggesting that we should trade our entire draft for the #1 pick, so that we could get Suh. After looking at what we got last year, I agree with them. Suh in the middle of our defense would be awsome.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011   #23
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Last year I saw some posters suggesting that we should trade our entire draft for the #1 pick, so that we could get Suh. After looking at what we got last year, I agree with them. Suh in the middle of our defense would be awsome.
I said that!

I meant it too. And as far as he goes, I think there's a lot more evidence than a little slap as something you could use against Suh. But I also think you would just be a little jealous that he's so badass he's making Detroit look good. He's not dirty to me. To me, he's just someone the league knows they probably shouldn't try to **** with. Like Andre. Or Ray Lewis. Or Haynesworth.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011   #24
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

I see nothing wrong with what Suh did there. He shoved a Patriots player to get him off of his teammate who had just been shoved to the ground.

Man, Suh is going to be something special. I'm sad I didn't know about him until he almost single-handedly won the Nebraska-UT game a few years back. I remember going "WTF?!?! How can a DT impact the game so much?!?!"

Huge regrets that he's not on our team.
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011   #25
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

What he did wrong was mess with a Patriots player. You can't mess with one of the leagues premier teams. The commish doesn't take to kindly to that kind of behavior.
Old 08-30-2011   #26
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109428 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Funny how that's called dirty when I could pull out 1,000 videos of dirty Mankins cut blocks, trash talking etc.

Forgot, when you are a Pat, (or someone trying to sack Peyton Manning( anyone that hits you is dirty.

I hope Suh doesn't change his game one damn bit. He has the potential to be one of the great ones.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #27
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't want to sound like somebody who endorses violence or somebody who wants the NFL to turn into some kind of NHL on turf but I think that entirely too much is made of players wearing mountains of protective gear throwing punches at each other.

I'm not going to come out in favor of it being legal, just in favor of it not being something that everyone expects a player to get thrown out of a game or suspended for. I think it would be a good idea if the officials could throw a player out for the remainder of the quarter the infraction happened in and then he could return.

Honestly, unless some gear starts coming off nobody is going to hurt anyone with a punch out there and it seems ridiculous to see the league getting all bent out of shape at this when almost every play ends in a collision that's more violent than anything a player can do with his fist.
Old 08-31-2011   #28
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

...Logan Mankins also said he disagrees with the rapidly growing belief around the league that Suh plays dirty.

“I wouldn’t say Suh’s a dirty player,” Mankins said. “I think Suh’s a great player. He’s got a load of talent. He plays good and he plays hard. He defends his teammates. He does all the things that I would want in a teammate.”
Old 08-31-2011   #29
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I don't want to sound like somebody who endorses violence or somebody who wants the NFL to turn into some kind of NHL on turf but I think that entirely too much is made of players wearing mountains of protective gear throwing punches at each other.

I'm not going to come out in favor of it being legal, just in favor of it not being something that everyone expects a player to get thrown out of a game or suspended for. I think it would be a good idea if the officials could throw a player out for the remainder of the quarter the infraction happened in and then he could return.

Honestly, unless some gear starts coming off nobody is going to hurt anyone with a punch out there and it seems ridiculous to see the league getting all bent out of shape at this when almost every play ends in a collision that's more violent than anything a player can do with his fist.
I agree and this is where the league could learn something from hockey (only the penalty box thing - not so much the old school fisticuffs). The league kinda mirrors society in it's zero thinking, I mean, zero tolerance rules seeping into more and more places. Last year, tapping the QB's helmet with a backhand that wouldn't hurt a child would get a "roughness" penalty. I'm all for a safer game too, but when they take the thinking out of officiating so that they can hide behind their rules for convenience, it destroys the integrity of the game.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #30
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: The NFL’s New Dirty Player… Ndamukong Suh?

Welcome to the Bengals Dalton

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8...dalton-to-turf

(maybe someone can find a better video, that one sucks)
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #31
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP)—Amid yet another flap over his on-field conduct, Ndamukong Suh(notes) is making some accusations of his own.

The Detroit defensive lineman said Monday that Atlanta quarterback Matt Ryan’s(notes) brief injury against the Lions was “karma” and hinted that the Falcons have been guilty of dirty play.

Ryan tweaked a knee when offensive lineman Will Svitek(notes) stepped on his left ankle, but he came back in the game a short while later and helped Atlanta beat the Lions 23-16 on Sunday.

“To me it’s karma for all the bad stuff they’ve done in the past,” Suh said. “Their offensive lineman hurt their own quarterback.”

Atlanta players told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution after that game that Suh and fellow defensive lineman Cliff Avril(notes) taunted Ryan while he was down.

“I had respect for Suh before the game,” center Todd McClure(notes) said. “But when Matt was on the ground, the things he was saying and the trash he was talking was definitely uncalled for. There are certain things you don’t do. (He said), `Get the cart’ and several other things that I can’t repeat.”

Wide receiver Roddy White(notes) said he lost respect for both Suh and Avril.

Avril didn’t talk to reporters when Detroit’s locker room was open Monday, but Suh did—an unusual occurrence because he usually talks on Wednesdays.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...lions-taunting
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #32
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37160 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Who didn't chuckle when they found out Suh told the Falcons' linemen:
"GET THE CART!"
Old 10-25-2011   #33
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

The Falcons need to put their big boy pants on. They accused the Lions players of kicking Ryan's feet, which replay video clear proves to be a false statement. It makes you wonder what else are they not being truthful about...
Old 10-26-2011   #34
TimeKiller

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

“Do I need Rodney (sic) White’s respect? No,” Suh said.

I'd say if you don't want the horns, you shouldn't mess with a bull.

Suh gets a little emotional, I haven't seen many games of him but I wouldn't call him dirty like I would Innegan. Big guy who isn't afraid to mix it up? Maybe. Dirty, cheap shotter? No.
Old 10-26-2011   #35
DonnyMost
lol football :D

Rep Power: 2774 DonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respected

Suh has gone from aggressive, hardworking, and likable to a petty, dirty, jackass.

Lions are about to go on a serious slide. 9-7 might not be enough to make the wildcard. They'll get no sympathy from me when they miss out, either.
Old 10-26-2011   #36
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
“Do I need Rodney (sic) White’s respect? No,” Suh said.

I'd say if you don't want the horns, you shouldn't mess with a bull.

Suh gets a little emotional, I haven't seen many games of him but I wouldn't call him dirty like I would Innegan. Big guy who isn't afraid to mix it up? Maybe. Dirty, cheap shotter? No.
Suh is what you want in a DT in skills, brains, and emotions. Got no problem with him playing a little dirty. Maybe he can stop doing it when O-Linemen quit going after the knees of D-Linemen.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011   #37
TimeKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Suh is what you want in a DT in skills, brains, and emotions. Got no problem with him playing a little dirty. Maybe he can stop doing it when O-Linemen quit going after the knees of D-Linemen.
Right? He gets flagged when he takes it too far. What else to you want? Him to be banished from the weight room? So he can stop kicking everyone's ass?

Or maybe Falcon OL could just, ya know, play better.
Old 10-27-2011   #38
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyMost View Post
Suh has gone from aggressive, hardworking, and likable to a petty, dirty, jackass.

Lions are about to go on a serious slide. 9-7 might not be enough to make the wildcard. They'll get no sympathy from me when they miss out, either.
So did you even watch the video, it's video proof he didn't kick Matt's feet or anything.. I'd take a big nasty mean OL/DL in a heartbeat.. Playing OL/DL is a mean dirty area, quit whining and get the job done.

Some of the dirtiest players in the NFL have simply been some of the best players at that position ever.

Lol I'd take me some night train lane in a heartbeat, Joey Porter, Harrison, Romanski, Charles Haley, Ray Lewis, Johnny Sample, Deacon Jones..

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #39
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Ndamukong Suh fined $100,000

Quote:
Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh has been handed the biggest fine of his career. But Suh has avoided a suspension for his illegal low block on Vikings center John Sullivan on Sunday.

The NFL has fined Suh $100,000, a much heavier fine than players typically get for personal fouls on the field, and a fine that demonstrates that Suh’s repeat-offender status has him viewed as a marked man by the NFL’s discipline police.

Suh’s largest previous fine came last season, when his pay was docked $30,000 for kicking Texans quarterback Matt Schaub in the groin on Thanksgiving. Suh had been fined lesser amounts on other occasions for more run-of-the-mill fouls like roughing the passer and late hits.

The most money Suh ever lost for a disciplinary measure was $164,000, when he lost two weeks’ pay during a two-game suspension for stomping on Green Bay’s Evan Dietrich-Smith on Thanksgiving in 2011.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #40
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Cris Carter said on Mike and Mike yesterday that players dont care about fines and only Roger taking them off the field would get their attention. I think there is some truth to that
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read