Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2011   #1
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected
Post My take on the preseason. SIAB

I know it is only preseason but, you can not deny the Texans have looked stellar and if your like a Texans fanatic then most of this writeup you may already know or talked about.

We are currently 3-0 this preseason, and that is saying something. Because We have had a major overhaul in our defense. We changed our defense from a 4-3 to a 3-4 this off season. Meaning we changed our former number one draft pick Mario Williams from his former position of DE to outside linebacker, but he will rarely ever drop back into coverage, and he will mainly rush the passer mainly because of his size. We have also moved Conner Barwin to linebacker from DE, and he has been very disruptive getting on average one sack per game. He may very well be the best at creating pressure on our team, and Now that Mario is a linebacker. We had to draft a defensive end with our number one draft pick. We ended up drafting J.J Watt and he has been just plain outstanding. We needed to fix our last place secondary and we did. Bringing in safety Danieal Manning and corner Jonathan Joseph. This is a major up grade over Jackson and Pollard. with Jackson our #2 corner we will have a better chance finishing out games.

Our defence is ranked number two in total defense behind the jets

look here
http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

Our offense needs to wake up. There has been a lot of over thrown balls, but that can be fixed. I got a huge scare in the last game against the 49ers. When the Texans threw a pick on the opening play for a pick six, and at that moment i thought to myself it has to be the same old Texans, but i was proven wrong. They did not give up Schaub led the team, and we won with the help from the defense. The Texans from the past would of just called it quits, but they did not show any expressions that they were going to back down. One key thing that did stand out to me was right before halftime against the 49ers. They decided to go deep with a few seconds on the clock with a major lead instead of taking a knee like they would of done in the past.

The return game is just dreadful try to i look away, and pray we don't fumble or lose yards every time we get a return. On a bright side. We have a really amazing kicker i mean this guy can hit and hard no not with his foot but with his pads he is not scared to get dirty all he has to do is kick all his three point attempts and i will be happy.

I know this is preseason, but i am officially ready for some football!

Please leave me some feedback. I been trying hard to get my spelling corrected!

Thanks!
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 120208 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My take on the preseason. SIAB

I know Wade has probably forgot about more defensive football than Smith/Bush have ever known and I know Wade isn't a dummy.

the pessimistic side of me hopes that we haven't shown too many cards. (I don't think he has, but it is in the back of my mind).. I am just gunshy on this team.. 10 years of fools gold...fool me once shame on you, fool me 10 times... shame on me ...

I DO have a good feeling about this team (which my history of feelings and how they turn out is one reason I won't gamble) BUT.....

With that said... LETS KICK some AFC ass
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011   #3
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatonisabeast View Post

Thanks!
You've made a noticeable improvement. Keep up the good work, sir.
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011   #4
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
10 years of fools gold...fool me once shame on you, fool me 10 times... shame on me ...
See, I just don't get this from some fans. 10 years of "Fools Gold"? I mean come on, did anyone really have many expectations the first 6 years or so? Outside of being a complete homer, you had to know that this team didn't have legitimate shots really until 2008. So for me, I've really only been let down the last 2 maybe 3 years. Some of you are so over dramatic!
Perki-Perk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 120208 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
See, I just don't get this from some fans. 10 years of "Fools Gold"? I mean come on, did anyone really have many expectations the first 6 years or so? Outside of being a complete homer, you had to know that this team didn't have legitimate shots really until 2008. So for me, I've really only been let down the last 2 maybe 3 years. Some of you are so over dramatic!
I was just counting the Texan's years in existence that was all

I didn't have much expectations the first 2 years then 2005 season(which we thought was promising at the start), the bottom dropped out and we were starting over and drafting at the top again
Old 08-29-2011   #6
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 197748 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

The best way I've heard Wade's defense described was he plays a 5-2 front . Barwin , Mario , Watt , Brooks ,and Smith are athletic and aggresive .

Your posting is much better .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011   #7
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thanks!
Tell your mother she did a fine job!

I kid, I say, I kid! Great improvement! Keep at it!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-29-2011   #8
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I was just counting the Texan's years in existence that was all

I didn't have much expectations the first 2 years then 2005 season(which we thought was promising at the start), the bottom dropped out and we were starting over and drafting at the top again
Well in that case, it's certainly been a long time coming. Look at it this way. The Steelers only sniffed a playoff once in their first 38 years (footballreference). Yikes! Look how they turned out! Understandibly, some of us still want to be around when the Texans do big things.

As many have said, this is the first year I'm extremely excited before the start of the regular season. Last year it wasn't until we beat the Colts game 1, then 4-2 after 6 games, then, what the Hell?. We actually have a fully legitimate team this year, with one exception, ST. GET IT TOGETHER MARCIANO!!!
Old 08-29-2011   #9
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 3223 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Madd View Post
You've made a noticeable improvement. Keep up the good work, sir.
I 2nd that my good sir!T
IBleedTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011   #10
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thanks!
Excellent job SIAB!! You've definitely come along way, Congats!
Old 08-29-2011   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209558 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I know this is preseason, but i am officially ready for some football!

Thanks!
Color me impressed .... Your writing skills have improved tremendously , better than anything the Chron has to offer .....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

thanks to digitalswim on the Lance thread

I didn't know the Texans just rushed 4 for most of the time
http://thesidelineview.com/podcast/t...-nfl-offensive
Old 08-29-2011   #13
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Good job SIAB. You took a lot of flak, deservedly so, for your grammar and spelling but you're on the right track. In your first sentence, you said, "I know it is only preseason but, you can not deny the Texans have looked stellar and if your like a Texans fanatic then most of this writeup you may already know or talked about." The bold part should be "you're". Here's a helpful link if you so should choose to use it.

http://www.elearnenglishlanguage.com...youryoure.html
Old 08-29-2011   #14
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thanks!
Your spelling and grammar have approved by at least an order of magnitude. Your diligence is paying off and I expect it will likely continue to pay off for the rest of your life. You will not be sorry that you invested the time and effort required to take this problem in hand.

Very impressive. Well done, young man.

However, there is one piece of editorial feedback I will offer you. When you use the word "I" in the middle of a sentence, it should be capitalized. Using a small "i", as you did in a number of instances might be acceptable for texting, but it is not acceptable for writing proper sentences.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011   #15
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
Your spelling and grammar have approved by at least an order of magnitude. Your diligence is paying off and I expect it will likely continue to pay off for the rest of your life. You will not be sorry that you invested the time and effort required to take this problem in hand.

Very impressive. Well done, young man.

However, there is one piece of editorial feedback I will offer you. When you use the word "I" in the middle of a sentence, it should be capitalized. Using a small "i", as you did in a number of instances might be acceptable for texting, but it is not acceptable for writing proper sentences.
Is SIAB an "import", or someone who used to think it wuz kewl to talk lyke dis?
Old 08-29-2011   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 138542 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thanks!
Hey!! Little brother, you're spelling and grammar has improved exponentialy!!! Keep working, and you will be WAY more articulate than I ever could be... GO BRO!!
Old 08-29-2011   #17
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

:edit:

Thanks Bill and every one for the positive feedback. It helps me push on

Last edited by HouSportsWriter; 08-29-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Old 08-29-2011   #18
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Quote:
How stupid do you think i am? I have all ways had problems with spelling, and asking if I am a import is just rude. For your info i am not a import, but if you really wanted to know you should of private messaged me instead of trolling my thread.

:edit:

Thanks Bill and every one for the positive feedback. It helps me push on
Wasn't a hit on you man. I do not know the history on your ability, or inability, to communicate with proper grammar. I know a lot of people on forums like to be grammar police. I was either suggesting that you had immigrated from somewhere, or simply had grown up and decided not to speak like the status quo. Never did I assume nor indicate that you are presently stupid.

Either way, congrats on your improved ability to communicate.
Old 08-29-2011   #19
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Wasn't a hit on you man. I do not know the history on your ability, or inability, to communicate with proper grammar. I know a lot of people on forums like to be grammar police. I was either suggesting that you had immigrated from somewhere, or simply had grown up and decided not to speak like the status quo. Never did I assume nor indicate that you are presently stupid.

Either way, congrats on your improved ability to communicate.

Thank you I am sorry for jumping on you.
Old 08-29-2011   #20
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14619 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

The most pleasing thing to me so far is how often I am seeing Texans in the opposing teams backfield. I haven't seen that ever in a Texans defense.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read