Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2011   #1
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default A-hole sports writers disses Foster.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-wp6042

Ladies and gents I say we torch this guy in comments for saying the Texans will never make the playoffs.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011   #2
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 7822 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A-hole sports writers disses Foster.

I knew who wrote it before clicking the link, the only thing Chris Chase writes is awful hack job articles.
Old 08-29-2011   #3
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

They might be a-holes, but we have to first prove to these a-holes we can make the playoffs.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011   #4
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess I dont understand why he insults Texans fans if his beef is with Foster...
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011   #5
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I guess I dont understand why he insults Texans fans if his beef is with Foster...
you are what you eat and like I said he's an "A-hole".
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Until the Texans make it to the playoffs (and this year looks like the best bet ever for that happening but that's beside the point) this a-hole has a point.

At least that's how I see it. best way to shut people up is to succeed. The Texans are long overdue.
Old 08-29-2011   #7
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

An A-hole is an A-hole because he is an A-hole. Just like a tiger is a tiger because he's a tiger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-29-2011   #8
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5487 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe he had to write a 1000 word essa...... I mean article. Admittedly I didn't read it, but don't think I need to.

Insults in any media outlets no matter the source shows the quality of journalism.

Same problem with the "news" of today, it is no longer reporting, it is the taking of a fact (event) and going on about personal opinion stated as fact to convince others to agree..... waste of time.
Old 08-29-2011   #9
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

BRB ripped this guy a new one yesterday.
Old 08-29-2011   #10
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

From the comments

Quote:
Fantasy football is a no talent game that allows one that has half a mind to luckily have their players score points - Try getting off your fat asses and go get some exercise!
says the guy posting on an internet blog...
Old 08-29-2011   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's what hit me. It was a gratuitous off topic comment. I could understand his expressing that opinion if he was making AFC predictions.
Old 08-29-2011   #12
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I read the thread title and thought it was going to be Skip Bayless. This guy seems just as bad though.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011   #13
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wrote this...

Quote:
I agree with 90% of your post and then you have that closing comment.

I was linked to this blog by a post into another forum, so it's not like I visit frequently. Who are you again?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem like some attention @#$% of a blogger seeking notoriety by being overly critical in a sh*tty blog.

The statement about the Texans fans paying $49.99 for a jersey is wrong/ignorant and about the Texans never making the playoffs is just asinine.

Just another irrelevant blogger. Moving along...
BTW, I think Arian needs to realize what world he is living in right now. I like the guy personally, but at the end of the day he is an NFL running back. The fantasy fans and roster cuts, injury settlements, franchising, etc. all come with the territory. JMO
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011   #14
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Arian using "sick" was a little much. Not in the sense that is was too insulting or anything, but that fantasy-honks wanting him to recover from a little hamstring injury only because he's on their fantasy team doesn't warrant a "sick" label IMO...

But for someone who considers themselves a professional to actually pen a piece this large for what I think is a "non-story" is stupid...

I don't know if this is his weekly column/blog/whatever, but if so it shows laziness to ramble on and on about such a meaningless topic...
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011   #15
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 244585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

A nobody trying to become a somebody on the backs of others -- sorry son, not gonna happen.

AF would beat that tool at his own game - writing - then lock him in his school locker.
Old 08-29-2011   #16
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81206 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Best thing to do is not click on the link. More hits = more money.

I doubt they read the comment section anyways
The1ApplePie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011   #17
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 17283 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-wp6042

Ladies and gents I say we torch this guy in comments for saying the Texans will never make the playoffs.
Chris Chase is pretty much universally despised as a hack writer on Yahoo, I think his actual specialty is tennis. If you put something in the comments section there it will just be buried in a matter of minutes, and just add to the cess pool that is the comments section on Yahoo. In other words it will do no good except give the page more hits and traffic, thus giving Yahoo more reason to keep that douche nozzel employed for writing simpleton material. In a week this will be forgotten as the focus will be on some other Twitter comment from some other athilete/celebrity.

Something had to have set Arian off to post that. Someone somewhere said or posted something that got under his skin, then he turned to Twitter to vent, thus allowing a global ass-hat convention to commence over his one comment.
Old 08-29-2011   #18
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh. I agree with the gist of the article.

The last sentence was unnecessary, but it was otherwise spot-on.
Old 08-29-2011   #19
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

The guy rips Foster, saying NO ONE cares about him as a person, then tweets this to Arian...

Quote:
@chaztopher Chris Chase
@ArianFoster Arian, I wrote a post on front page of Yahoo! today about your comments. Would love to discuss your thoughts on digital fans.
18 hours ago via web
First of all, what Arian tweeted is a NON story. Then he toots his own horn by adding in the part of "front page of Yahoo" to make it seem like he is an important member of the media.
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011   #20
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51302 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
The guy rips Foster, saying NO ONE cares about him as a person, then tweets this to Arian...

First of all, what Arian tweeted is a NON story. Then he toots his own horn by adding in the part of "front page of Yahoo" to make it seem like he is an important member of the media.
Front page of yahoo? Wow

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read