Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-27-2011   #1
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Knock-Knock!! Who's There?

A Pass Rush.

A Pass Rush Who?

Mario, Barwin, Smith, Watt, Cushing, Reed....

This is a defense capable of supporting the offense on a championship level. Sacks, disruption, getting hits on the QB, interceptions, exactly what was missing. I know, fly the preseason flag all you want. I'll temper my excitement for now but this is a juggernaut performance. Yeah, it's the 49ers and this what probably should happen but it IS happening. Aside from the really, really strange INT to start the game the Texans have competely steamrolled their opponents.

Btw, that little kid playing during the halftime show had better hands than Jacoby!! haha...did anyone else see that catch?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011   #2
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Knock-Knock!! Who's There?

The pass rush looks great ... They havent had a need to dial up anything exotic. That group can get to the QB almost at will ....

The run defense looks much improved from last week ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I an impressed with shutting down the run thru the middle a bit more. Also like the hit KJ put ona WR. Defense took another step forward as did Leinert. Nolan looked good.
Old 08-27-2011   #4
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

inb4 DocBar has something negative to say about Mario.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011   #5
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok, I'll bite.......

Quote:
Knock-Knock!! Who's There?

A Pass Rush.

A Pass Rush Who?

Mario, Barwin, Smith, Watt, Cushing, Reed....
Cushing who?
Old 08-27-2011   #6
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

I am enjoying watching the defense as much as I am the offense! Now that is different..
Old 08-28-2011   #7
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Ok, I'll bite.......

Cushing who?
Hey Cushing looked alot more engaged than last week. He was in on alot of run stops, which is what he needs. Didn't look bad in coverage either.

Just cause they didn't call his name, doesn't mean he wasn't doing his job...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-28-2011   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
MW looked pretty good .... he helped produce two sacks - one by Barwin and another by Smith. On both of those , it was lets meet at the QB.

The defense overall looks really solid .... even if it was against an anemic SF offense. They gave up a total of 100 yards and 6 first downs for the game.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 08-28-2011   #9
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
MW looked pretty good .... he helped produce two sacks - one by Barwin and another by Smith. On both of those , it was lets meet at the QB.

The defense overall looks really solid .... even if it was against an anemic SF offense. They gave up a total of 100 yards and 6 first downs for the game.
and 0 points to the SF offense. Pitched a shutout....

Old 08-28-2011   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Hey Cushing looked alot more engaged than last week. He was in on alot of run stops, which is what he needs. Didn't look bad in coverage either.

Just cause they didn't call his name, doesn't mean he wasn't doing his job...
Take the joke, man. Just a joke. Geezus.
Old 08-28-2011   #11
Crushing56
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Crushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Cushing looked pretty good today. Looked super fast and he got to the QB a couple of times. He's improving. A really good sign. Sharpton might have well disappeared into thin air right next to him.
Plus, nobody got more than 3 tackles. Don't expect him to get 150.
I'm a bit bipolar about him. But I'm trying to be optimistic.
Crushing56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011   #12
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Take the joke, man. Just a joke. Geezus.
didn't sound like one...

Old 08-28-2011   #13
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
didn't sound like one...
Sorry, no harm done (I hope) or offense taken. Maybe an emoticon would have helped. Cushing still has something to prove to me, though.
Old 08-28-2011   #14
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I will say he looked better he was at least there when plays were being made he bought himself more time in my book

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2011   #15
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushing56 View Post
I thought Cushing looked pretty good today. Looked super fast and he got to the QB a couple of times. He's improving. A really good sign. Sharpton might have well disappeared into thin air right next to him.
Plus, nobody got more than 3 tackles. Don't expect him to get 150.
I'm a bit bipolar about him. But I'm trying to be optimistic.
Yeh but their O had like 20 plays or so total so....

Old 08-28-2011   #16
Crushing56
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Crushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80tothezone View Post
Yeh but their O had like 20 plays or so total so....

What i meant to point out is that no defensive player really dominated in the tackle numbers. You know what that means...
ERRYBODY GETTIN OFF DA ROIDS O.o
Old 08-28-2011   #17
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't get to watch the game today so somebody fill me in. Did the defense show anything more than they had the first two games? More blitzes, exotic blitz packages, etc?

Thanks to Premier

Last edited by TexanSam; 08-28-2011 at 12:20 PM.
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011   #18
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I didn't get to watch the game this today so somebody fill me in. Did the defense show anything more than they had the first two games? More blitzes, exotic blitz packages, etc?
Pretty plain .... but they still managed to man handle the 49ers up front.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 08-28-2011   #19
Crushing56
Rookie

Just wondering, did anybody else see the play where they lined Cush up at OLB and he came in bullrushing like a madman and the QB got the ball off just in time?
Old 08-28-2011   #20
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nah...there are more than enough threads for that. This is about the D as a whole, and I'm very happy with almost every aspect of our D so far. Thanks for keeping me in mind, though.
All in all, this looks exactly like the chaos causing, attacking D we've been promised the last 5-10 years. If this keeps up into the regular season, We're gonna have one helluva football team in Houston.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read