Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-27-2011   #1
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 94543 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default This is our best shot yet at a division title

Here's a link to the Jag's 3rd PS game. This is when teams traditionally gameplan and play starters extensively. If this is an indication of the Jag's team, we should push Indy hard for the division title. If we can break even or go 3-1+ our 1st 4 games, the division could well be ours. I want my dream scenario to come true: Beat Pittsburgh for the AFC championship(denied to us Oiler fans in the 70's) and beat Dallas in the SB in Indy's stadium. That would slay a lot of NFL demons for me.
EDIT:Why did I say NFL championship? Someone spiked my koolaid!!

Last edited by DocBar; 08-28-2011 at 07:26 AM.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011   #2
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This is our best shot yet at a division title

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Here's a link to the Jag's 3rd PS game. This is when teams traditionally gameplan and play starters extensively. If this is an indication of the Jag's team, we should push Indy hard for the division title. If we can break even or go 3-1+ our 1st 4 games, the division could well be ours. I want my dream scenario to come true: Beat Pittsburgh for the NFL championship(denied to us Oiler fans in the 70's) and beat Dallas in the SB in Indy's stadium. That would slay a lot of NFL demons for me.
That part would make Letter Of The Month in the Penthouse Forum as far as I'm concerned.
Old 08-27-2011   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153344 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Pittsburgh is only team I am giving a win to as of now. No one else scares me. What if we lost to them in regular season and then beat them for championship. Think Bum would be pleased?
Old 08-27-2011   #4
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Pittsburgh is only team I am giving a win to as of now. No one else scares me. What if we lost to them in regular season and then beat them for championship. Think Bum would be pleased?
How sweet that would be badboy. I am old man and do not cry that often but, this will make me cry like a baby. However, I would prefer us to win both.

Go Texans!!!

Last edited by SAMURAITEXAN; 08-27-2011 at 10:44 PM.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Here's a link to the Jag's 3rd PS game. This is when teams traditionally gameplan and play starters extensively. If this is an indication of the Jag's team, we should push Indy hard for the division title. If we can break even or go 3-1+ our 1st 4 games, the division could well be ours. I want my dream scenario to come true: Beat Pittsburgh for the NFL championship(denied to us Oiler fans in the 70's) and beat Dallas in the SB in Indy's stadium. That would slay a lot of NFL demons for me.
And we play the Browns and Bengals this year just to take care of some old AFC Central business.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011   #6
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13708 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

This was a good performance but its still pre season so lets stay level headed about the game.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011   #7
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 92750 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't discount the Titans. There could still be some VY residue left on that field that could inspire that team to great heights.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-28-2011   #8
Crushing56
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Crushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm pretty sure VY residue wouldnt help the titans at all...
Crushing56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011   #9
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191099 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Im not marking down a W for the Steelers in a home game for the Texans .... not by a longshot.
The Steelers OL isnt what it once was .... They are not particularly good either passing or rushing , 20th & 21st ranked in preseason stats.

They are also 30th in pass defense & 17th Vs the run ..... I just cant see them slowing down this offense.

I havent been impressed with them one bit.

The Aints and Ravens on the road .... different story.

I could easily see them going 14-2 .... call me crazy.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011   #10
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 222777 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Im not marking down a W for the Steelers in a home game for the Texans .... not by a longshot.
The Steelers OL isnt what it once was .... They are not particularly good either passing or rushing , 20th & 21st ranked in preseason stats.

They are also 30th in pass defense & 17th Vs the run ..... I just cant see them slowing down this offense.

I havent been impressed with them one bit.

The Aints and Ravens on the road .... different story.

I could easily see them going 14-2 .... call me crazy.
Put.
the Koolade.
Down.

you've had too much...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011   #11
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Don't discount the Titans. There could still be some VY residue left on that field that could inspire that team to great heights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushing56 View Post
I'm pretty sure VY residue wouldnt help the titans at all...
Hookem's post was .
Old 08-28-2011   #12
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's start with beating the Colts. This team (Texans) has a tendency to get the big head and lose games they should win. I see no reason for this ever to happen because the Texans never have done anything. DO NOT DISCOUNT THE COLTS. Remember the Jets and Jags in 2009 just to name a couple. Hopefully they are mroe mature now and more professional and will take care of business. The Colts are not going to lay down in the first game with or without Manning. Kubiak needs to make sure the players understand this. Don't wait until the season is basically over before trying to make sure the players understand the importance of every game. I agree though this is our best shot to date.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011   #13
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94543 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Let's start with beating the Colts. This team (Texans) has a tendency to get the big head and lose games they should win. I see no reason for this ever to happen because the Texans never have done anything. DO NOT DISCOUNT THE COLTS. Remember the Jets and Jags in 2009 just to name a couple. Hopefully they are mroe mature now and more professional and will take care of business. The Colts are not going to lay down in the first game with or without Manning. Kubiak needs to make sure the players understand this. Don't wait until the season is basically over before trying to make sure the players understand the importance of every game. I agree though this is our best shot to date.
If Manning misses significant time this season, I think you can pretty much discount the Colts. They aren't a 5 win team without him.
What am I supposed to remember about the Jets and Jags from '09?
If the Colts are Manning-less on Sept. 11, that game will look more like last night's game than anything else.
Old 08-28-2011   #14
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What am I supposed to remember about the Jets and Jags from '09?
That the Texans took the field at Reliant flatter than a pancake.
Old 08-28-2011   #15
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
That the Texans took the field at Reliant flatter than a pancake.
AHHH...I see said the blind man.
Old 08-28-2011   #16
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

I would want Houston and Indy playing for the AFC championship, that way we can deny them playing the SB at home.
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011   #17
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
I would want Houston and Indy playing for the AFC championship, that way we can deny them playing the SB at home.
No way Indy makes it in as a wildcard though.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 263816 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

In this last preseason game, Painter looked like he started to finally get it together. And of course, there's Manning, so the Colts worry me.

The Jags always play us hard. So they worry me.

And although I think the Titans are in for a rough year, I watched the first half of the Titans game against the Bears. Hasselbeck is still a damned good QB. If any of his wide receivers actually catch a ball, they're going to be a dangerous team.

I've got pretty high hopes for this year, though.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011   #19
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
No way Indy makes it in as a wildcard though.
Agreed because the South is apparently now the weakest division in the AFC, thankfully. So only the division winner goes post-season, and perhaps with a
9-7 or even 8-8 record IMO.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I understand where Oiler fans are coming from.

But the Steelers have no idea we even exist.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read