Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-26-2011   #1
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Sit back relax and enjoy da show

Honestly I think we will be fine this yr on D our D will gell and our offense will get us by until the D does, We are S.T.A.C.K.E.D. on O with more weapons than the first season of deadliest warrior. This despite me being a proponent of trading Mario.... I think we as fans have grown accustomed to worrying about the next disappointment so we over analyse and nitpick every problem the team has... our NT will do ok but our ILB play will make up for it as is the way of WP's system and we will get to the QB which is all we need to let the new kid (jo-jo) get 7+ ints. Guys, gals, texans fans young and old it is finally our year sit back relax and watch the rest of the NFL get crushed by the stampede...
Old 08-26-2011   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sit back relax and enjoy da show

Reading your post reminded me of the carnival barkers of my childhood. "Step right up and see the big show. Set aside reality for a bit and allow your imagination to soar. If the popcorn is a bit stale, take another sip of KoolAide. Disregard what your eyes tell you and listen to me. Once we have you money, you just might feel like a sucker, but hey, we are the only big show in town."

Regardless, I did enjoy your thread.
Old 08-27-2011   #3
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Reading your post reminded me of the carnival barkers of my childhood. "Step right up and see the big show. Set aside reality for a bit and allow your imagination to soar. If the popcorn is a bit stale, take another sip of KoolAide. Disregard what your eyes tell you and listen to me. Once we have you money, you just might feel like a sucker, but hey, we are the only big show in town."

Regardless, I did enjoy your thread.
And your post reminded me of that Emmerson, Lake & Palmer song

Welcome back, my friends
to the show that never ends.
We're so glad you could attend!

Come inside! Come inside!
There behind a glass
stands a real blade of grass
be careful as you pass.
Move along! Move along!

Come inside, the show's about to start
guaranteed to blow your head apart
Rest assured you'll get your money's worth
The greatest show it happens a hell-of-alot.
Old 08-27-2011   #4
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm excited to get the season going. Not to put a damper on the thread, but even if the Texans succeed beyond our wildest dreams I will have aged plenty by the New Year.

I'm pulling into the NFL season now. This is the view out my front winshield at the moment.

Old 08-27-2011   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post

Welcome back, my friends

There behind a glass
be careful as you pass.
Move along! Move along!

Good one, Kimmie! How does a youngster like you know this song?
Old 08-27-2011   #6
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Rep for the ELP! I love that group. Karn Evil 9 had some wicked lyrics.
Old 08-27-2011   #7
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Good one, Kimmie! How does a youngster like you know this song?
Ha!! Luckily I can say I listen to Sirius Classic Rewind
Sponsored links
Old 08-27-2011   #8
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Welcome back, my friends

There behind a glass
be careful as you pass.
Move along! Move along!

Great. Now I get to watch the game (hopefully a link works) with this stuck in my head....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read