Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-24-2011   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Tampa Bay Buccaneers

What say you?

Do you think they're a play-off team? Do you think they are for real? They've got a nice young QB. They've got an aiight UDFA running back.

But I'm not sold.

Last year, they were in a division where three teams won 10 or more games. Coincidence? Or did it have something to do with them playing the worst division in football, the NFC West (7-9 won the division) coincidence?

They had wins against Cleveland, Carolina, Cincinnati, St. Louis, Arizona, Carolina, San Francisco, Washington, Seattle, & New Orleans. The only team in that list with a winning record was the already locked up for the play off Saints.

They lost to the Steelers (38-13), the Saints (31-6), the Falcons (27-21 & 28-24), then they lost to Detroit (23-20) in overtime.

in 2011, they'll play the NFC North
Greenbay (L)
Chicago (L)
Minnesota (L)
Detroit (L)

The AFC South
Indy (L)
Texans (L)
Jags (L)
Titans (W)

& of course the NFC South
Saints (L) (L)
Falcons (L) (L)
Carolina (W) (W)

No, I don't think they are going to go 3-13. But I don't think they'll get 10 wins & I don't think they are going to the play-offs. Not with the Saints & Falcons in their division.

So what do you think?
Old 08-24-2011   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

I agree with this assessment. They had an easy schedule last year, and they will not do well against the NFC north. I think Minnesota will be terrible this year though, so I would mark that down as a win for them. Detroit is a toss up, but I would favor the Lions at this point (before Stafford and Megatron get injured). Carolina should be better this year with a decent QB and a renewed morale.
Old 08-24-2011   #3
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 42174 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Their division is tough with the Saints and Falcons.

Then the NFC North is going to be pretty tough. Detroit is going to be much improved, so much so, I think they will be in the wild card hunt.

4-6, at best in those 2 divisions.

I could see them going 3-1 in our division with the lone loss being against the Texans. They get the Colts @ home in week 4 and no telling how up to speed 18 will be by then. That gets them to 7-7 in a best case scenario, IMO.

Then they've got Dallas and the Niners. Split?

I'm looking at about 7-9, 8-8 for the Bucs.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011   #4
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

id say theyre the 7-8th best team in the NFC. they will get better fast when they start spending some of that cap money they have.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011   #5
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 49705 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I dare not predict anything in that division.

But if you put a gun to my head and told me to guess, I'd say 9 wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

It's tough to say. I think they regress some but not too much. I would say 8-8.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
I dare not predict anything in that division.

But if you put a gun to my head and told me to guess, I'd say 9 wins.
I think that's about right. They'll have problems scoring enough to compete with the Saints and the Falcons. I think they'll just miss on the last wild card spot to the Giants.
Old 08-25-2011   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
It's tough to say. I think they regress some but not too much. I would say 8-8.
But is that truly regression? Their level of competition has gone up. If their level of play stays level... their results will go down. If they get a little bit better, their W-L can still go down.
Old 08-25-2011   #9
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Talib is a bigger blow than people imagine. They will win 7 games this year on the back of their star QB.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011   #10
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 230490 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Love the QB, but not sure they can replicate all of those late saves. May be sophomore slump, looks a bit off in preseason.

Can Mike Williams match his performance?

Talib dodges a bullet.

Frank Okam looking darn good for them in preseason.

I think 9,8 wins.
Old 08-30-2011   #11
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

The NFL is all about parity, teams go up and down in the W/L columns every year. The Bucs are in line for a rude awakening as they will be playing a much more difficult schedule. I bet they go 6-10 this year, with two of those wins against the Panthers.
Old 08-30-2011   #12
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

there like a exact copy of Jacksonville a very physical team with a big ass QB and likes to run the ball

a team u dont want to grind it out in the dead heat of summer on da road : P

LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #13
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 78148 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
The NFL is all about parity, teams go up and down in the W/L columns every year.
Yeah, 6 wins one year, 7 the next, then back down to 6 and so on and so on.

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #14
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Yeah, 6 wins one year, 7 the next, then back down to 6 and so on and so on.

What? I don't follow. Tampa went from being 9-7 in '07/08 to 3-13 in '09, and 10-6 in '10. That's a bit of a roller coaster, but I think a lot of that 10-6 season came from having an easy schedule. This year they play the NFC North and AFC South, which are much tougher on paper than the AFC North and NFC West.
Old 10-16-2011   #15
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 78148 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
What? I don't follow. Tampa went from being 9-7 in '07/08 to 3-13 in '09, and 10-6 in '10. That's a bit of a roller coaster, but I think a lot of that 10-6 season came from having an easy schedule. This year they play the NFC North and AFC South, which are much tougher on paper than the AFC North and NFC West.
I never saw this reply DR, I was jokingly referring to the Texans in their "roller coaster" mediocre seasons. When they are peaking it's 8 or 9 wins, when they are down it's 6 or 7. Guess where we sit today? 3-3.

Actually I dragged this thread back up because of the Bucs. After getting smoked by the Niners last week (in a game where I think they got caught off guard early and gave up) they came back today and beat the Saints in a physical game and now are at top of the division at 4-2. They are real young but have leadership at key spots (head coach and QB), something the Texans just don't have.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read