Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2011   #41
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Conner Barwin - kinda invisible thus far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
If you look at last years defense , they were never the same after Barwin went down ....
ha hes got injured in the second q of the first game right?

not rly enough evidence to contrast the D with or without him
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #42
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 80958 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post

LMAO, great sample size that is
Old 10-16-2011   #43
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post

I believe it, LOL.

PS-No, not really.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #44
amazing80
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 80958 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I believe it, LOL.

PS-No, not really.

Yea, actually he did, it was the first game and IIRC it was the FIRST quarter, I thought it was the first defensive series....
Old 10-16-2011   #45
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
LMAO, great sample size that is
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I believe it, LOL.

PS-No, not really.

Its not the sample size .... its what they did with and without him ..... Go back and watch the film.

(Im sure 76 could solve the riddle)

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #46
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
That doesn't even make sense. He doesn't show up on the stat sheet but he makes plays??! That sounds like a guy who just isn't fast enough or just can't diagnose a play quick enough. I am not saying he is garbage. I am saying he is overrated by Texan fans. He will get 4-6 sacks a season and might get a few lucky turnovers each year, but he will not be a focal point on our defense. I think Reed turns out to be the better pro, but neither will matter because Mario is the top dog. They are excellent role players, but the way most of you describe him and the hopes you seem to have are just unrealistic for the guy. You are basically setting him up to fail if you expect him to be great.
I don't know about that. I think Both Barwin & Reed are going to be challenging double digit sacks this year. Barwin is basically in his second year & so far is showing that 2nd round pick was well spent. Reed as well, in only 5 games.

I don't think they'll be CMIII or DeMarcus Ware, but those guys are more or less playing solo... Maybe not this year, but next (if we're still doing the same thing) I wouldn't be surprised if our OLB tandem (assuming no more Mario) wouldn't be leading the league in sacks by OLBs.
Old 10-16-2011   #47
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't know about that. I think Both Barwin & Reed are going to be challenging double digit sacks this year. Barwin is basically in his second year & so far is showing that 2nd round pick was well spent. Reed as well, in only 5 games.

I don't think they'll be CMIII or DeMarcus Ware, but those guys are more or less playing solo... Maybe not this year, but next (if we're still doing the same thing) I wouldn't be surprised if our OLB tandem (assuming no more Mario) wouldn't be leading the league in sacks by OLBs.
You think withOUT Mario we will lead the league in sacks? I don't get this thought. Mario was dominant this season and now no one wants him it seems. Well I guess we have to wait and see with Barwin and Reed, but my hopes are quite low on Barwin. Hopefully Im wrong.
Old 10-16-2011   #48
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You think withOUT Mario we will lead the league in sacks? I don't get this thought.
That's not what I said... I said our OLB duo would lead the league in sacks by OLBs....

If Ware gets 16 & Spencer gets 4, total 20....
I think Reed & Barwin would rack up 22-24
Quote:
Mario was dominant this season and now no one wants him it seems. Well I guess we have to wait and see with Barwin and Reed, but my hopes are quite low on Barwin. Hopefully Im wrong.
I'm a Mario fan, but have always said we would be wasting his talent if we ever went back to a 3-4. I think Mario at OLB was an interesting experiment, but why would you put that square peg in that round hole? Sure he looked good.. but imagine if he were playing the 5 tech in a similarly aggressive 4-3 ran by someone who knows how to run a 4-3.... the Giants, the Titans, Chicago.
Old 10-16-2011   #49
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
That's not what I said... I said our OLB duo would lead the league in sacks by OLBs....

If Ware gets 16 & Spencer gets 4, total 20....
I think Reed & Barwin would rack up 22-24

I'm a Mario fan, but have always said we would be wasting his talent if we ever went back to a 3-4. I think Mario at OLB was an interesting experiment, but why would you put that square peg in that round hole? Sure he looked good.. but imagine if he were playing the 5 tech in a similarly aggressive 4-3 ran by someone who knows how to run a 4-3.... the Giants, the Titans, Chicago.
Again, you're saying Reed and Barwin get those sacks, so I have to assume by leaving out Mario he won't be here next season. Also, aren't you the one who said to trust Wade on Jackson? If so, you have to do the same with Mario and Mario actually proved he could work in this system. He is a rusher first and foremost and with him standing up he has an edge on the tackle. He is more than athletic enough to play the position, so why would we assume he will fail or not exceed?
Old 10-16-2011   #50
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That doesn't even make sense. He doesn't show up on the stat sheet but he makes plays??! That sounds like a guy who just isn't fast enough or just can't diagnose a play quick enough. I am not saying he is garbage. I am saying he is overrated by Texan fans. He will get 4-6 sacks a season and might get a few lucky turnovers each year, but he will not be a focal point on our defense. I think Reed turns out to be the better pro, but neither will matter because Mario is the top dog. They are excellent role players, but the way most of you describe him and the hopes you seem to have are just unrealistic for the guy. You are basically setting him up to fail if you expect him to be great.
That is such a myopic stance on judging a player I can't take this argument seriously. The bottom line is you want 11 guys playing well making life difficult as hell on the offense. Barwin has been doing more than his share of that this season.
Old 10-16-2011   #51
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Again, you're saying Reed and Barwin get those sacks, so I have to assume by leaving out Mario he won't be here next season.
Did you totally miss that "if" in parenthesis?

Did you go to school in Louisiana?
Quote:
Also, aren't you the one who said to trust Wade on Jackson? If so, you have to do the same with Mario and Mario actually proved he could work in this system. He is a rusher first and foremost and with him standing up he has an edge on the tackle. He is more than athletic enough to play the position, so why would we assume he will fail or not exceed?
Again.. I didn't assume that he would fail. I said "if"

I didn't agree with the "experiment" but I supported it, go back & look.
Old 10-16-2011   #52
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
Did you totally miss that "if" in parenthesis?

Did you go to school in Louisiana?

Again.. I didn't assume that he would fail. I said "if"

I didn't agree with the "experiment" but I supported it, go back & look.
yea, I missed it, no I didn't I went to school in Texas, , and I don't need to go back, I trust you
Old 10-16-2011   #53
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
That is such a myopic stance on judging a player I can't take this argument seriously. The bottom line is you want 11 guys playing well making life difficult as hell on the offense. Barwin has been doing more than his share of that this season.
There was actually supposed to be a second flea-flicker in Sunday's game. Michael Bush saw Barwin standing next to Campbell & decided to keep the ball..

That's what Barwin is supposed to do, change the game.
Old 10-16-2011   #54
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There was actually supposed to be a second flea-flicker in Sunday's game. Michael Bush saw Barwin standing next to Campbell & decided to keep the ball..

That's what Barwin is supposed to do, change the game.
That and the missed strip sack against Pitt are two plays that come to mind immediately with Barwin. If Bush doesn't make a very intelligent play and hold on to the football Barwin is going to wind up causing a turnover on that flea flicker.
Old 10-16-2011   #55
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 188528 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

What do you thionk of me now? signed Connor Barwin.
Old 10-16-2011   #56
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
What do you thionk of me now? signed Connor Barwin.
Yup, in the game thread I ate some crow, hes making me look like a jackass
Old 10-16-2011   #57
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 188528 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yup, in the game thread I ate some crow, hes making me look like a jackass
No you called it as you saw it and how it was. He is just getting into the rythym I think.
Old 10-16-2011   #58
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
No you called it as you saw it and how it was. He is just getting into the rythym I think.
He's had three strong games now... he's about to hit the zone.
Old 10-17-2011   #59
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Its not the sample size .... its what they did with and without him ..... Go back and watch the film.

(Im sure 76 could solve the riddle)
I had started my notes just before the game started and then Vinny and Rey kept me busy with Kareem Jackson.

I'll catch up on this some other time!

Barwin already proves it for me anyway in this game, and as TK mentioned, not just this game!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #60
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Great game........ Connor played excellent.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read