Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-21-2011   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default My case for Chris Obagnnaya to make the team.

I've heard alot of radio people talking about how Chris will be product of a numbers game and will not make this team. I'd like to see Smithiak do the right thing and keep this guy. Here is why:

Young productive running back that has done nothing but fight to get his spot in camp.

Showed he can carry a load when called upon.

Two of your first three have had Hammies this year. Watcha gonna do when that happens to one of them again this season because it will?

has good vision when he runs.

I'm sure real UT fans know how versatile this guy can be (still can't believe the other "UT Fans" on here that talk about bleeding orange on here that didn't know who this guy was), he can line up in the slot and he can play some FB too. The only reason why you didn't know this guy even more so was because he ran behind Jamal Charles. However, he also paved alot of lanes for Charles too.

I have no idea how to make room for this guy but this is the kind of player that you need to have succesful depth on the team.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My case for Chris Obagnnaya to make the team.

Studdard was a similar player who made team as a battle until he drops then crawls to bite the opponent on the leg. I am hopeful that the days that Studdard/O type players can make our weak roster are over. I want to see Slaton running with the #1s. Your guy has done nothing to make this roster imo. Not saying he will not but has not. Both should get a few more opportunites but time is running out.
Old 08-21-2011   #3
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

practice squad
Old 08-21-2011   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
practice squad
Nope. CBs & WRs and maybe one LT & one OG. Maybe an LB. We have 4 RBs if SLaton does anything & if more than one goes down, we go to FA.
Old 08-21-2011   #5
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Studdard was a similar player who made team as a battle until he drops then crawls to bite the opponent on the leg. I am hopeful that the days that Studdard/O type players can make our weak roster are over. I want to see Slaton running with the #1s. Your guy has done nothing to make this roster imo. Not saying he will not but has not. Both should get a few more opportunites but time is running out.
I too want to see Slaton get some reps this preseason. Hopefully that strain he has gets worked out and he can get back on the field. Having a 2008 Slaton at even only 50% would be a great part of a Foster/Tate/Ward group.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011   #6
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I've heard alot of radio people talking about how Chris will be product of a numbers game and will not make this team. I'd like to see Smithiak do the right thing and keep this guy. Here is why:

Young productive running back that has done nothing but fight to get his spot in camp.

Two of your first three have had Hammies this year. Watcha gonna do when that happens to one of them again this season because it will?

I'm sure real UT fans know how versatile this guy can be (still can't believe the other "UT Fans" on here that talk about bleeding orange on here that didn't know who this guy was), he can line up in the slot and he can play some FB too. The only reason why you didn't know this guy even more so was because he ran behind Jamal Charles. However, he also paved alot of lanes for Charles too.

I have no idea how to make room for this guy but this is the kind of player that you need to have succesful depth on the team.
I don't really care how hard he fights to make the team. He still has to show something that proves he's better than one of the other guys. His 2.2 YPC in the first preseason game against the Jets & his 3.4 YPC yesterday just isn't going to cut it when the rest of backs are getting 7 yards+ a carry.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011   #7
c10x
Veteran

Rep Power: 360 c10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I don't really care how hard he fights to make the team. He still has to show something that proves he's better than one of the other guys. His 2.2 YPC in the first preseason game against the Jets & his 3.4 YPC yesterday just isn't going to cut it when the rest of backs are getting 7 yards+ a carry.
Not apples to apples. 1st team OL is significantly better.
Old 08-21-2011   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10x View Post
Did not O. start the first pre-season game and play for almost a half?
Old 08-21-2011   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10x View Post
He ran with the same Ol that Tate did and was significantly worse. He's just not very good
Old 08-21-2011   #10
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
He ran with the same Ol that Tate did and was significantly worse. He's just not very good
agree tate was running with the 2nd, 3rd guys and did well, so Olfjdjkdkd should of ripped that defense apart as well, and he didnt
Old 08-21-2011   #11
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

have to disagree with that.
Old 08-21-2011   #12
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This I did not see. He ran straight into piles. OB27 is practice squad at best and will only be called up if injuries occur. Typical for the fifth best RB on an NFL team.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011   #13
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Obagnnaya .... But I dont see him making the roster.

He's blocked and picked up blitzes well , He's caught everything thrown his way in the passing game .... But he doesnt seem to do as well running the ball. He didnt make the cuts that were available ... many times running straight ahead.

With Foster , Tate & Ward and possibly Slaton ahead of him .... I just cant see a roster spot for him.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011   #14
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

You can't really make a compelling case for him unless you learn to spell his name correctly. Same goes for all the jackwagons that still think half our player's names end with an 's'.
Old 08-21-2011   #15
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

He's jsut not as good as Ward, Foster or Tate. No room for him.
Old 08-22-2011   #16
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

OBGYN just isn't fast enough or quick enough. Maybe the practice squad for emergency purposes.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011   #17
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I think on texans teams in the past he'd be a shoe in. But now, the talent is just too deep.

I'd try to ps him, but if we didn't I wouldn't care. There will probably be better fa's or late round guys available next year.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011   #18
honored82
Veteran

Rep Power: 4151 honored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont see OB27 making the roster too... He needs more practice.

btw, do the people on practice squad get paid ? or are they like FA, and any other team can grab em?
honored82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011   #19
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just because VY didn't get signed here doesn't mean we need to go sign another UT grad to make up for it. This guy doesn't belong on this team. He's a nice talent in the mold of Chris Taylor, Lundy and Moats. That means he is decent depth on a roster that has a no viable starter and is hoping to rotate 3 or 4 guys in over the course of the season and catch lightening in a bottle. We're not that team. He should call Denver and Washington. Thank God we no longer need guys like this on our team.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011   #20
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Just because VY didn't get signed here doesn't mean we need to go sign another UT grad to make up for it. This guy doesn't belong on this team. He's a nice talent in the mold of Chris Taylor, Lundy and Moats. That means he is decent depth on a roster that has a no viable starter and is hoping to rotate 3 or 4 guys in over the course of the season and catch lightening in a bottle. We're not that team. He should call Denver and Washington. Thank God we no longer need guys like this on our team.

Mike
We need him for two more weeks ... to take game reps so none of the others have to be on the field. After that .... its either good bye or PS.

(Although I'd like to see Slaton get out there and show some value)

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read