Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-21-2011   #1
Dimitri_0515
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Dimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jet fan here

I just want to say that the Texans have a great team this year. I hope you guys finally make the jump and beat the Colts for the division. Great, classy organization. Hope to see you in the playoffs.
Dimitri_0515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011   #2
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jet fan here

Thanks, man, you make me feel bad for ragging on your coach. Good luck to you guys.
Old 08-21-2011   #3
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
I just want to say that the Texans have a great team this year. I hope you guys finally make the jump and beat the Colts for the division. Great, classy organization. Hope to see you in the playoffs.
Solid post. If the Texans don't go all the way, I hope the Jets do. Ryan is a hoot.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011   #4
Dimitri_0515
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Dimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respected

Almost forgot classy fans.
Old 08-21-2011   #5
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20085 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey thanks. You guys need a better backup QB. If Sanchez goes down, you guys are done. Granted, that applies to most teams - but not all due to some back up Gems ala Matt Cassell once upon a time and umm Matt Leinart .
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011   #6
Dimitri_0515
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
Hey thanks. You guys need a better backup QB. If Sanchez goes down, you guys are done. Granted, that applies to most teams - but not all due to some back up Gems ala Matt Cassell once upon a time and umm Matt Leinert .
LOL, I think we'll be fine. We still have one of the best olines in the league to protect him. Not if Vlad Ducasse plays though...
Old 08-22-2011   #7
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Just glad we don't have to play the damn Jets in the regular season this year. Having to play Balty every year is bad enough.
Sponsored links
Old 08-22-2011   #8
c10x
Veteran

Rep Power: 360 c10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks for the post. I get tired of the Jets love fest on ESPN, but other than that, I actually enjoy following them. Hard not to like that kind of team (strong D and devoted to running the ball). And as another poster said, Ryan is a hoot. The game is better because of him.
Old 08-22-2011   #9
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Thanks for the kind words, good luck this season as well.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011   #10
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63941 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey man, don't come in here and start ruining my preconceived generalizations of Jets fans. I need my hate. Don't take that away from me.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011   #11
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yo, Dmitri! Long time, no see.

It would be great to meet you guys again in the AFC championship game. Of course, one step at a time. But as fans, we are always thinking Super Bowl to start the year.

FYI - you only need two more posts before your rep totals begin to appear next to your name here.

Good luck to the Jets this year (unless they play the Texans, of course)!
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011   #12
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty cool of you to say, Dimitri. Good luck this year.

(I'm gonna rue the day I wished the Jets luck )
Old 08-22-2011   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Pretty cool of you to say, Dimitri. Good luck this year.

(I'm gonna rue the day I wished the Jets luck )
Hey, Showtime....

I thought your signature image had the bull blowing smoke rings out of his nostrils (on the scoreboard) or a baseball animation where the baseball is hit and has a "Bang!" type of effect? Did it ever have that? If it did, why is it gone?

Been meaning to ask you that.

TO CLARIFY: I mean the little section of scoreboard in the middle of your image. Not the stuff on each end of the image.
Old 08-23-2011   #14
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Always was this way. I wish I had the little baseball dot that goes from the Dome roof to the other end..lol.

And no the bull also, but in retrospect maybe I should have included it to get it closer to a Texans thing.

Old 08-23-2011   #15
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 221570 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks for the good wishes and back atcha.

(don't tell these guys but I used to be a Jets fan back in the days of Joe Willie Whiteshoes, Matt Snell, Don Maynard, George Sauer, Emerson Boozer, etc. I even followed Stengel and his "Amazin' Mets"... Then in the mid 70s I moved to Houston and became an Oilers fan )
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011   #16
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Always was this way. I wish I had the little baseball dot that goes from the Dome roof to the other end..lol.

And no the bull also, but in retrospect maybe I should have included it to get it closer to a Texans thing.

Off topic but I remember the score board from when I was a kid. That thing was awesome in it's day. Too bad Bud Adam's greed forced the county to do way with it.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011   #17
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 293187 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Off topic but I remember the score board from when I was a kid. That thing was awesome in it's day. Too bad Bud Adam's greed forced the county to do way with it.
Yep, made me smile.

Jet fan should be pumped about Plax this year.
Old 08-23-2011   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Thanks for the good wishes and back atcha.

(don't tell these guys but I used to be a Jets fan back in the days of Joe Willie Whiteshoes, Matt Snell, Don Maynard, George Sauer, Emerson Boozer, etc. I even followed Stengel and his "Amazin' Mets"... Then in the mid 70s I moved to Houston and became an Oilers fan )
Busted!!!

Get a rope!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011   #19
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks for the well wishes and good luck until we see ya in the playoffs.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read