Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-20-2011   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I lover Tate(R) salad.

Many may remember how disappointed I was with Texans not drafting Toby Gerhart. I was only slightly mollified when Texans traded back up for Ben Tate & thought they had mishandled the whole thing. Then last season, bam, Tate goes out for season and that only made me steam more. Well it isn't regular season but Ben Tate is looking like another Arian Foster. Big, Fast and catches the ball well. For those who might want a read on Tate's info before draft, see the following.
http://nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsp...2010&genpos=RB
Old 08-20-2011   #2
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3090 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I lover Tate(R) salad.

Tate is amazing.. never lost faith in him. I'm glad he's proving the doubters wrong, not only with his talent, but with his obvious passion and love for the game (for the coaches/posters getting on him for his hammy injuries).

Above all, he's shown to have developed a veteran awareness to the game even though he missed his entire rookie season(where the defenders are, switching football to the outside hands when close to sidelines).... and he loves contact. Him & Foster is just going to be spectacular this year... dare I say, challenging the Panthers duo as the best in the league?

Ohhh, and I just remember this one goober freaking out after we passed on Gerhart for a trade down/Tate. Just going berserk everytime someone post something positive about Tate, especially if they post his highlights video(LOL!). Even going as far as keeping their stats in his signature as a comparison during the season.... and even taking it out his sign before the end of the season; when he realizes that Tate wasn't too far off from Gerhart production... while in his cast

good times
PockyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Ben Tate is the real deal and possesses everything to be a front line RB in this league. What's so impressive about his performance tonight is how he had it in his very first game back after not playing for almost a full year.

This kid showed me something tonight, he's going to be good.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 08-21-2011 at 05:24 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, let's not forget Ward who did pretty well last season. I'd like to see Slaton do well just because I like the guy. I really enjoyed his rookie season.
Old 08-20-2011   #5
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Ben Tate is the real deal and possesses everything to be a front line RB in this league. What's so impressive about his performance tonight is how he had it in his very first performance after not playing for almost a full year.

This kid showed me something tonight, he's going to be good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Hey, let's not forget Ward who did pretty well last season. I'd like to see Slaton do well just because I like the guy. I really enjoyed his rookie season.
Lets not forget that this is ONE preseason game out of two years. I'm as juice as anyone about his performance, but it is what it is and when what it is.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011   #6
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll admit I'm pleasantly surprised by him this camp. To my mind I'd kind of written him off after the injury and the emergence of Arian Foster.

I'm loving him at the moment.
Old 08-20-2011   #7
ArTex
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Hallucinate.
Desegregate.

Alleviate
Mediate

Try NOT to HATE

And LOVE BEN TATE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFUEgFdP5zE

He's already done more than Bennie Joppru at least
ArTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-20-2011   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Lets not forget that this is ONE preseason game out of two years. I'm as juice as anyone about his performance, but it is what it is and when what it is.
He showed that he has the talent and skill though. He belongs on this level. Nobody is talking about his durability or the long haul. He still has to prove that. But he has the talent and instincts.
Old 08-20-2011   #9
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
He showed that he has the talent and skill though. He belongs on this level. Nobody is talking about his durability or the long haul. He still has to prove that. But he has the talent and instincts.
I agree, but I'm not ready to rename him Campbell yet. Too many were ready to do that after the ptiful performance of ob last week.
Old 08-20-2011   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Of course, but you look at the way he hits the holes, goes into 2nd gear when he gets past the line of scrimmage and the way he runs. He knows enough to move the ball away from the tackler to protect it and can do that in full stride. That is not an easy thing to do. He is so big 225 pounds and runs 4.4 forty. That is amazing. We have three bulldozers in Foster, Tate and Ward. We should now be able to pound the ball downfield if we need to.

Also want to say the first string offensive line look very good.
Old 08-20-2011   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I agree, but I'm not ready to rename him Campbell yet. Too many were ready to do that after the ptiful performance of ob last week.
I don't think anybody is calling the guy Earl. He flashed special abilities though. He just needs to stay healthy. He has that rare size/speed combination and is in a great system.
Old 08-20-2011   #12
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Of course, but you look at the way he hits the holes, goes into 2nd gear when he gets past the line of scrimmage and the way he runs. He knows enough to move the ball away from the tackler to protect it and can do that in full stride. That is not an easy thing to do. He is so big 225 pounds and runs 4.4 forty. That is amazing. We have three bulldozers in Foster, Tate and Ward. We should now be able to pound the ball downfield if we need to.

Also want to say the first string offensive line look very good.
Please don't take my caution the wrong way. I'm happier than a sissy with a peter in his mouth right now. I just have to pinch myself right now.
Old 08-20-2011   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Please don't take my caution the wrong way. I'm happier than a sissy with a peter in his mouth right now. I just have to pinch myself right now.
Ok with your caution but your 2nd sentence seems a bit much in a forum where children can read.
Old 08-20-2011   #14
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Ok with your caution but your 2nd sentence seems a bit much in a forum where children can read.
hmmm...I thought I censored myself quite well. Apologies.
Old 08-20-2011   #15
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

How about a puppy with two peters?
Old 08-20-2011   #16
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
How about a puppy with two peters?
Now THAT is happy. I'm jee-louse.
Old 08-20-2011   #17
DocBar
Hall of Fame

How about having a 9.5-ish YPC??? That's a three puppy happy if I ever saw one.
Old 08-20-2011   #18
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
hmmm...I thought I censored myself quite well. Apologies.
Appreciate you stepping up man. Unable to rep you so soon.
Old 08-20-2011   #19
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not sure why anyone was trying to crown Obi after the game last week, but Tate clearly has the talent and skill to play in this league. Even on the run he got hurt on last year, he made a nice cut. Tate has vision and speed, too, something OB27 doesn't have.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011   #20
Showtime100
Got AJ?

I'm all for it.

I think a kid can handle that one.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read