Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-23-2005   #1
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Official 1st rd Draft Commentary Thread

This thread is much like the game day threads from the bullpen...Basically, post your thoughts as you're watching the 2005 NFL draft...More than any year in recent memory, this draft has been a difficult one to figure out...Let's hope our boy Cass gets a steal or two...

After months of overanalyzation, it's finally here! :woot
Old 04-23-2005   #2
Davis37
All Pro

I cant wait!!! I wish it would start right now!
Old 04-23-2005   #3
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Less than 8 hrs away!!

I'm with that topic below this one...I think CC is gonna shock us.
Old 04-23-2005   #4
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Cass definitely has a trick or two up his sleeve...I forecast a 100% chance he'll make at least one pick that leaves up looking like this: ...

So who does everyone think is gonna be the top overall pick? Alex Smith seems to be the concensus pick, but there are claims that it's all a smokescreen...I think what ends up happening is San Fran takes Alex Smith and then trades him to Tampa Bay and then they select Aaron Rodgers at 5, but that's just my lil prediction ...
Old 04-23-2005   #5
Rosusu
All Pro

I saw a mock last night that had Rodgers falling all the way to Green Bay at 24. Not saying that means anything but I think lots of people are down on him and his stock has really suffered lately.
Old 04-23-2005   #6
GLM
Rookie

HAPPY DRAFT DAY! :woot
GLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #7
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosusu
I saw a mock last night that had Rodgers falling all the way to Green Bay at 24. Not saying that means anything but I think lots of people are down on him and his stock has really suffered lately.
I think someone will probably trade up and get him before 24, but he may be in for a long day...Anybody know what the latest a prospect has waited in the green room is?
Old 04-23-2005   #8
Paragon Blue
Veteran

Just got my Babin jersey and Im ready to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2005   #9
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
I think someone will probably trade up and get him before 24, but he may be in for a long day...Anybody know what the latest a prospect has waited in the green room is?
It might have been Chris Simms a couple of years ago. Expected to go in the 1st he lasted until the very last pick on the first day.
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 89729 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
not sure, but Big Ben waited along time last year
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #11
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

*fingers crossed* Please DJ, Please DJ...
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #12
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasJedi
It might have been Chris Simms a couple of years ago. Expected to go in the 1st he lasted until the very last pick on the first day.
Simms was in the green room in 2003? From what I remember, nobody had him pegged to be a high first rounder, but maybe nobody else wanted to be in there ...
Old 04-23-2005   #13
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasJedi
I don't recall Simms being in the green room. Usually the prospects expected to go in the top half of the first round show up in NY. I know Big Ben waited for awhile, and he was the last of the players who made the trip to NY to hear his name called. He looked awfully lonely sitting at that table all by himself.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #14
Rosusu
All Pro

2 minute warning.............
Old 04-23-2005   #15
Dime
Hall of Fame

Default Draft Thread

Here we go....
Dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #16
Dime
Hall of Fame

Personally.. I will freak if BE goes at two... that trade will be vicious.
Old 04-23-2005   #17
Dime
Hall of Fame

Ok... what are the Texans going to do... I hate it... I hate it..... I hate it...
Old 04-23-2005   #18
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Simms was in the green room in 2003? From what I remember, nobody had him pegged to be a high first rounder, but maybe nobody else wanted to be in there ...
You may be right about him not being in the Green Room, but as I recall he was on the ESPN promos back then like they have with Pollack, Smith, Brown etc. this year. And he was bitterly disappointed at going late 3rd.
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #19
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

its time!!!!!!!!
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #20
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

It's finally on, San Francisco is on the clock :woot

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read