Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-19-2011   #21
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A LeSTAR (Jean) is born

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
I hope this kid turns out to be a steal, him along with AJ, Dorin, Walter, and JJ (I guess) could be like the old Oilers Run and Shoot WR group back in the day.
And this one will be able to get it done in the Red Zone.

Go Texans!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012   #22
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

was looking up highlights of our new wrs and this came up as a related vid. dont remember seeing it last yr but, couped with his strong performances in preseason last yr, make me think hes gonna be the guy to beat at #2 for us this yr. hope the rooks are ready because if hes all recovered from his shoulder injury, we might have another udfa stud on our roster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w3iW...eature=related

edit: also at 59 secs into that video- lestar = original tebowning creator?
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012   #23
drs23 
Veteran

Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
was looking up highlights of our new wrs and this came up as a related vid. dont remember seeing it last yr but, couped with his strong performances in preseason last yr, make me think hes gonna be the guy to beat at #2 for us this yr. hope the rooks are ready because if hes all recovered from his shoulder injury, we might have another udfa stud on our roster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w3iW...eature=related

edit: also at 59 secs into that video- lestar = original tebowning creator?
Yeah, if it was real in the first place. The man in a baller. ALL HANDS catches, away from his body just like he did in PS last season. Have no way of proving, but personally I think he was a stash. If the team would have released him outright LeStar (or is that Lester, like the vid heading? )would have been gone, I think.

C'mon OTAs and Pre Season already!

:

Old 05-07-2012   #24
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, Jean looks beautiful in those clips. I remember watching them last year and for some reason they look even better now.

I think he easily makes the roster and pushes for playing time.

I think we may end up carrying 6 or 7 receivers. I think if these guys step up Walter may be a surprise cut. There is talent at that wr position. Going to be tough for the fringe guys to make it.

Going to be some really tough cuts all over the place.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012   #25
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I can remember the excitement I had thinking Dorin was going to do so well.
Old 05-07-2012   #26
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I liked dorin too. But he was going through a position change and never really developed the skills needed at wr.
Old 05-07-2012   #27
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

He broke that dude's ankles off at the :49 spot of that video. The guy had to have ankle replacement surgery, from what I understand.

I been saying this guy is the bizness for a long time. He will make the team. He will be on the field. What I really like is that he wants to be LeStar Jean and not the next Andre Johnson. If you catch my drift.
Old 05-07-2012   #28
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I liked dorin too. But he was going through a position change and never really developed the skills needed at wr.
Remember that crazy 1-handed catch he made in the pre-season.

I thought we'd gotten a steal there.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012   #29
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
He broke that dude's ankles off at the :49 spot of that video. The guy had to have ankle replacement surgery, from what I understand.

I been saying this guy is the bizness for a long time. He will make the team. He will be on the field. What I really like is that he wants to be LeStar Jean and not the next Andre Johnson. If you catch my drift.
His route running is nice. Really nice. Not the fastest, but it looks like he understands how to stack db's and use his body to shield them.

And he's a hands catcher. Attacks the ball.

I'm excited about what this kid can do.
Old 05-07-2012   #30
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Remember that crazy 1-handed catch he made in the pre-season.

I thought we'd gotten a steal there.
Yep. I remember.

But it seemed like that was the only route he could run as a wr.

But truth be told, towards the end of last season dorin probably could have been an asset out there. We were hurtin pretty bad at receiver.

I wonder if maybe his stamina and weight wasn't where the texans wanted it to be.
Old 05-08-2012   #31
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2408 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to make a prediction and say that Lestar Jean will be the starting #2 WR when the season starts barring injury. Guy just looks better than Walter. Kubiak also seems to get a semi when he talks about him.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012   #32
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
His route running is nice. Really nice. Not the fastest, but it looks like he understands how to stack db's and use his body to shield them.

And he's a hands catcher. Attacks the ball.

I'm excited about what this kid can do.
Yeah man, I dig it. He never really tips off the DBs where he's going with his route. He hides his intentions really well, then makes his move and crosses up the DB at just the right moment to where he creates separation...which is that "field speed" you were talking about in an earlier post.
Old 05-08-2012   #33
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't know if he beats out Walter by season start, but I bet he makes an impression and takes #2 by seasons end.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012   #34
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Lestar Jean healthy, eager to prove himself
Nick Scurfield May 10, 2012

One of the more promising young players of the Texans’ 2011 offseason was wide receiver Lestar Jean (pronounced leh-STAR JEEN), an undrafted rookie from Florida Atlantic.

Jean (6-3, 205), who ran a 4.52 40-yard dash at his college pro day, turned heads in training camp with acrobatic catches on a seemingly daily basis. He turned more heads with a solid preseason opener against the New York Jets.
Then, Jean injured his left shoulder in the second preseason game against New Orleans. Just like that, his rookie season was over before it even started. He was placed on injured reserve on Aug. 30.

“It was very disappointing,” Jean said on Thursday. “I’ve never been hurt before. I never really had to go through that, and it was very disappointing. You know, I didn’t get drafted, and I felt like I should’ve been a player who got drafted, and then I had to wait for the whole lockout to be over, and then when I finally got back to play football, I was doing good and then I got hurt. So it was just one of those situations where it’s like, ‘What did I do to deserve this?’ It was just a very hard time for me.”

During his lost season, Jean came to Reliant Stadium daily at 6 a.m. for rehab, followed by team meetings. It was monotonous, but he said it was important to him to stay involved even though he wasn’t playing...

read more: http://blog.houstontexans.com/2012/0...prove-himself/
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012   #35
drs23 
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Lestar Jean healthy, eager to prove himself
Nick Scurfield May 10, 2012

One of the more promising young players of the Texans’ 2011 offseason was wide receiver Lestar Jean (pronounced leh-STAR JEEN), an undrafted rookie from Florida Atlantic.

Jean (6-3, 205), who ran a 4.52 40-yard dash at his college pro day, turned heads in training camp with acrobatic catches on a seemingly daily basis. He turned more heads with a solid preseason opener against the New York Jets.
Then, Jean injured his left shoulder in the second preseason game against New Orleans. Just like that, his rookie season was over before it even started. He was placed on injured reserve on Aug. 30.

“It was very disappointing,” Jean said on Thursday. “I’ve never been hurt before. I never really had to go through that, and it was very disappointing. You know, I didn’t get drafted, and I felt like I should’ve been a player who got drafted, and then I had to wait for the whole lockout to be over, and then when I finally got back to play football, I was doing good and then I got hurt. So it was just one of those situations where it’s like, ‘What did I do to deserve this?’ It was just a very hard time for me.”

During his lost season, Jean came to Reliant Stadium daily at 6 a.m. for rehab, followed by team meetings. It was monotonous, but he said it was important to him to stay involved even though he wasn’t playing...

read more: http://blog.houstontexans.com/2012/0...prove-himself/
Gotta love LeStar's attitude. He's saying all the right things and was producing before his injury. Can't wait to see him on the field this season!

Old 05-10-2012   #36
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Gotta love LeStar's attitude. He's saying all the right things and was producing before his injury. Can't wait to see him on the field this season!
More than saying the right things he seems to be doing the right things.

I'm with you. I want to see him in action.
Old 05-10-2012   #37
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 8212 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Don't know if he beats out Walter by season start, but I bet he makes an impression and takes #2 by seasons end.
Agree. I think he'll do well in preseason, but Kubiak is VERY slow to change and gives vets a lot of leeway. KW regressed last year and if he doesn't pick it up he'll have Lestar making a case to start.

I wonder what kind of blocker he is?

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012   #38
GP 
Go Texans!

Dude could be our WR version of Arian Foster...Ben Tate style.

Foster was undrafted, Tate got I.R.'d after a preseason game injury.

This guy could be the heir to the throne if things go the way I think.
Old 05-11-2012   #39
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Ugh , what a letdown that was ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012   #40
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

They should've tried Dickerson at H-back or FB instead of splitting him out wide.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read