Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-22-2005   #1
pilottim
Rookie

Default Can we draft an entire College team next year???

Look at the players that are ELIGABLE (not necessarily leaving) next year for the championship Trojans:

QB Matt Lienart
RB Reggie Bush
RB Lendale White
WR Steve Smith
TE Dominique Byrd
OT Winston Justice
DT Manuel Wright
CB Justin Wyatt
SS Darnell Bing
FS Scott Ware
P Tom Malone

Some of these kids you may not have heard of, but you will get to know them. Possible one of the best draft classes ever coming up(even though I think Bush and White stay)

Byrd will be one of the best TEs ever to play the game. Did you see that catch in the Orange Bowl?
pilottim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #2
canadiantexan
Veteran

I'd LOVE to get Justice and Bryd not only will D.C. have time to throw the ball but he'd also have someone to throw to when A.J. is'nt open(assuming we don't get big playWR this year).
aahh forget it I'll take them all (except Lienhart)
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #3
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

I've heard whispers that Manny Wright may enter the supplemental draft this year becuase he may be academically ineligible to play next year...Nevertheless, that is an impressive class...
Old 04-23-2005   #4
pilottim
Rookie

Default I have heard that rumor too

If that ends up being true, whoever lands him will get the steal of a lifetime. He will be an All-pro
Old 04-23-2005   #5
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
I've heard whispers that Manny Wright may enter the supplemental draft this year becuase he may be academically ineligible to play next year...Nevertheless, that is an impressive class...
Hey D-rek, How does the supplemental draft work?
Old 04-23-2005   #6
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiantexan
Hey D-rek, How does the supplemental draft work?
It's kinda difficult to explain, so I'll let Gil Brandt do it...That's an older link, but it's gives a pretty good explanation of how the supp. draft works...
Old 04-23-2005   #7
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilottim
If that ends up being true, whoever lands him will get the steal of a lifetime. He will be an All-pro
It may be a little early to proclaim that he'll be a Pro Bowler, but I certainly think it's a possibility...Dude is 6'6", 295 and has more natural athleticism than Cody or Patterson, but he has been bit by the injury bug a few times...I think if he goes back for another year of school and proves he can stay healthy, he could easily go in the top half of the 1st round next year...
Old 04-23-2005   #8
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
It's kinda difficult to explain, so I'll let Gil Brandt do it...That's an older link, but it's gives a pretty good explanation of how the supp. draft works...
Thanks alot D-rek i've wondered about that for a long time. appreciate the info.
Old 04-23-2005   #9
TexansCanes
All Pro

Quote:
Byrd will be one of the best TEs ever to play the game. Did you see that catch in the Orange Bowl?
i don't know if i would say that just yet, he is good but only time will tell. also, byrd, white, and wright might have bigger problems then next years draft. reports say that all three might not be able to play do to grades.

Link
Old 04-23-2005   #10
pilottim
Rookie

Default True

True, USC is a tough school academically. Pac-10 doesn't let you fudge the numbers at all either. The only one I am worried about is Wright. Byrd and White will be back no problem. Byrd and White actually have the grades, but they didn't get enough points to go to spring practice. (if you don't attend study sessions you lose points)

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read