Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-17-2011   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Demeco Ryans ???

Everyone's talking about Mario not playing well, but I didn't see Ryans anywhere on the stat sheet either.

He's coming off a major injury that some say won't be fully recoverable until next season, if at all. The problem is that he has a huge contract that you have to wonder if that merits continuing with damaged goods.

Loyalty being what it is, or isn't, in today's NFL, you have to wonder if the FO will soon be facing a very tough and unpopular decision.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Demeco Ryans ???

He got his big contract last year, so chances are they still have plenty of guaranteed money on it. Cutting him would result in lots of dead money. Might as well play him this year and see if he can keep up as it's not costing much.
Old 08-17-2011   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a hard concept for some people to understand, but sometimes when people aren't in the forefront, that means they're doing they're job.... Especially when it's over just a few series!
Old 08-17-2011   #4
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

He didn't make any big mistakes either. He was directing people and getting them in position so it seemed like he was doing just fine to me.
Old 08-17-2011   #5
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think some of us are putting a little too much stock into a 1st preseason game. I personally think both guys will be just fine. There will be some growing pains while Mario learns and Demeco recovers, but they didn't for get how to play football. Give them a little time and they'll be okay, IMO.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #6
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 85795 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Taking the injury he's recovering from into consideration, I wouldn't expect to see much of him on the stat sheet in the preseason. That doesn't bother me cuz Sharpton seems to be filling in nicely in the meantime.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #7
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected

Really? After one quarter of the first preseason game the discussion is releasing Ryan's?

Pretty fubar if you ask me........
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-17-2011   #8
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 85795 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock101 View Post
Really? After one quarter of the first preseason game the discussion is releasing Ryan's?

Don't sweat it. I'll share some of my crow with him. It tastes like caca.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #9
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Understand the concern about Demeco and Mario but, releasing Demeco and on other thread mentioning trade Mario after a brief appearance in 1st preseason game is just
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #10
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

14 snaps does not a season make.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #11
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5748 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Good God, why not just move the team out of Houston. Are you freaking searious. 15 minutes of the first preseason game after an injury like that and your canning they guy? I think we could get a couple 2nd rounders if we dump AJ on to someone elses payroll. He's so injury prone.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011   #12
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Like others have said, it's to early to bail on Ryans or Cushing, there just hasn't been enough football played yet to get a true assessment of their post injury performance but it wouldn't surprise me at all if ILB is one of our top priorities in next years draft.

Vontaze Burfict-ILB from Arizona St. anyone?
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011   #13
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 210087 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock101 View Post

hey, fair is fair. If you're gonna talk about trading Mario because he was supposedly a non-factor then DeMeco should be traded first because - after re-watching the game - DeMeco (supposedly the "heart & soul" of this defense) was nearly invisible.

I disagree with this line of thought. Both are learning new positions (Mario more so than DeMeco). Both are recovering from injuries (DeMeco more so than Mario). I think when the Colts come to town in Sept. they'll both be ready to roll.

Hopefully, by then, Schaub will be more on-point with his passes than he was Monday night too.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011   #14
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
hey, fair is fair. If you're gonna talk about trading Mario because he was supposedly a non-factor then DeMeco should be traded first because - after re-watching the game - DeMeco (supposedly the "heart & soul" of this defense) was nearly invisible.

I disagree with this line of thought. Both are learning new positions (Mario more so than DeMeco). Both are recovering from injuries (DeMeco more so than Mario). I think when the Colts come to town in Sept. they'll both be ready to roll.

Hopefully, by then, Schaub will be more on-point with his passes than he was Monday night too.
Sorry dude, not my thread and never posted on it. I believe it is also fubar........
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011   #15
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
14 snaps does not a season make.
Idk, ask the trade Mario for a 2nd round pick crowd.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read