Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-22-2005   #1
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30855 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Gosselin's Final Mock

Here it is:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...ockdraft2.html

and the pick is...

13. HOUSTON

Needs: LB, OT, RB, Pass rusher

Demarcus Ware, OLB, Troy
Comment: Houston was a pass rusher away from contention. Now the NFL's worst pass rush gets the best pass rusher in the draft. Ware had 11 sacks in 12 games last season. The Texans themselves had only 24 sacks in 16 games.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005   #2
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

First Babin and then Ware, poor ole Antwaan is gonna feel unloved.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005   #3
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Demarcus Ware gets a from me...He has Freeney-ish explosiveness from what I've heard...He may be the piece of the puzzle that takes us from a below average defense to a good defense...I won't use the word "dominant" yet, but that may come in a few years ...

Oh, and wow at Castillo being the 20th overall despite his run in with steroids...
Old 04-22-2005   #4
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30855 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Castillo wasn't using anabolic steroids, reports were that he used Andro. Now is there a huge differnece, I don't know.

Goose was on the radio here in Dallas earlier this evening, saying that he really didn't want his name attached to this year's mock. He said it was mainly due to the chaos in the top 5 picks and that he couldn't really do an accurate mock without knowing the top 5 (made me wonder if he's known the top 5 in the past). Notice teh number of disclaimers in the pick descriptions? On a side note the NFL Network is/was reporting that the Dolphins would not pick a runner with the #2 pick.

As for Wasr'es first step, they were replaying the combine this morning and the coverage included footage from teh Senior Bowls practices; and Ware's first step is insanly fast, he was easily quicker then the tackles he was facing.

I thought Matt Jones going to the Jags looked a little high, and thought the final three picks show what you can do once you've had several good drafts in a row.

Last edited by Errant Hothy; 04-23-2005 at 12:38 AM.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005   #5
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy
Castillo wasn't using anabolic steroids, reports were that he used Andro. Now is there a huge differnece, I don't know.

Goose was on the radio here in Dallas earlier this evening, saying that he really didn't eant his name attached to this year's mock. He said it was mainly due to the chaos in the top 5 picks and that he couldn't really do an accurate mock without knowing the top 5 (made me wonder if he's known the top 5 in the past). Notice teh number of disclaimers in the pick descriptions? On a side note the NFL Network is.was reporting that the Dolphins would not pick a runner with the #2 pick.

As for Wasr'es first step, they were replaying the combine this morning and the coverage included footage from teh Senior Bowls practices; and Ware's first step is insanly fast, he was easily quicker then the tackles he was facing.

I thought Matt Jones going to the Jags looked a little high, and thought the final three picks show what you can do once you've had several good drafts in a row.
His is a bit off...that is all I will say about that.
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read