Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-17-2011   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Steelers give up on Limas Sweed

In a move that should surprise no one, the Steelers have parted ways with receiver Limas Sweed. A second-round pick in the 2008 draft...

Appearing in 20 career regular-season games, Sweed has seven catches for 69 yards. He had two catches for 20 yards in the 2008 postseason.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-limas-sweed/
Old 08-17-2011   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 273484 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Steelers give up on Limas Sweed

He was going nowhere fast so no big surprise.
Old 08-17-2011   #3
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, that took longer than it should have. Guess it's hard to give up on a guy but sometimes ya just gotta cut bait.

You hearing this Ben Tate? Kubes is on your ass.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #4
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
In a move that should surprise no one, the Steelers have parted ways with receiver Limas Sweed. A second-round pick in the 2008 draft...

Appearing in 20 career regular-season games, Sweed has seven catches for 69 yards. He had two catches for 20 yards in the 2008 postseason.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-limas-sweed/
I really thought he would develop into a quality #2 receiver. Boy was I wrong on that one.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #5
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14619 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

How many disappointing offensive Longhorns does this make ?

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011   #6
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 137757 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
How many disappointing offensive Longhorns does this make ?
I don't know, but I am surprised the McCoy looks like he'll be pretty good.
Old 08-18-2011   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
I don't know, but I am surprised the McCoy looks like he'll be pretty good.
People said that about VY after his first season....

Seriously though, does Sweed just suck? I have not watched him at all so can't really say whether I want the Texans to give him a shot or not. Too focused on my boy Wallace.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-18-2011   #8
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
People said that about VY after his first season....

Seriously though, does Sweed just suck? I have not watched him at all so can't really say whether I want the Texans to give him a shot or not. Too focused on my boy Wallace.
I dunno Ole Miss. With the talent Rick Smith has scoured from the UDFA ranks is there a need or even room to take a look at him? From what I've gathered from 1 PS game and the HT.com clips and various reports I don't see room nor a need to even have him show up. Heck, we won't even be able to roster all of these guys that Rick brought in.

As an aside, sure haven't heard nor seen much outta Torrence Tolliver other than less than stellar attitude/work ethic reports. JMO of course.

Would like to hear opposing views and reasons for such.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I dunno Ole Miss. With the talent Rick Smith has scoured from the UDFA ranks is there a need or even room to take a look at him? From what I've gathered from 1 PS game and the HT.com clips and various reports I don't see room nor a need to even have him show up. Heck, we won't even be able to roster all of these guys that Rick brought in.

As an aside, sure haven't heard nor seen much outta Torrence Tolliver other than less than stellar attitude/work ethic reports. JMO of course.

Would like to hear opposing views and reasons for such.
That's true. I really do like this group of WRs we have. I think it's in the Lestar Jean thread, he said he was fielding offers from like 7 different teams and that Rick said the Texans were only going to sign 2-3 WRs (while other teams were signing like 7). I'm down for taking just about anybody if they help improve the team, even if we're full at that position... but I just don't know that Sweed has "it". I'm like you and think our 5-6 WRs are on the roster already.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011   #10
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Yeah, that took longer than it should have. Guess it's hard to give up on a guy but sometimes ya just gotta cut bait.

You hearing this Ben Tate? Kubes is on your ass.
Limas got 3 years. I don't care who you are or what round you went in. If you aren't any good you get 3 years. So I think Ben is safe for at least this year. Lets hope he pulls it together though.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read