Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-22-2005   #21
texansfan88
All Pro

I'm not too sure he'll be a Texan by the time 255 players are selected
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005   #22
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite
Well AG just needs to accept the fact that we have to get younger no offense we need him for one more year but im sure he wont be a texan next year.
There is probably no one that understands that more than he does. I just think to even think about trading him this year would be a HUGE mistake. Next year Dunta will have 2 years under his belt and PB will be adjusted to our team and things will be a whole lot more stable, but as of right now things are not settled in the secondary and he is a great asset.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #23
LBblitz
Veteran

I know the 3-4 scheme is just the front 7's positions but with our new emphisis on speed and capers' history with the zone blitz (blitzburg) we need Gleen here because he knows the system too well and it will take a while for PB to get his feet wet.
Old 04-23-2005   #24
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

why would we trade him? It would only make us weaker defensively..Esp with Capers saying 44 percent of the time we are running a form of the nickel.. Unless it was a heck of a deal, I don't see him going anywhere. If he does, It would be a head scratcher in my book.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #25
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
Exactly...Glenn was born and raised here in Houston...He began his playing career at Nimitz High and when he was taken in the expansion draft, he had come full circle...I realize it wasn't his choice to come here, but it was his choice to stay here and finish his career in his hometown...It would be a shame to see him go...
I 100% agree

plus lets not forget he still has some fuel in his tank.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #26
Dionysus22
Veteran

Has anyone noticed that they haven't given PB a number yet on the roster? Cuz a certain somebody already has his number 31...
Are they waiting for something?
Dionysus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #27
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope Glenn will stay. He provides a lot of leadership on this team and is one of the smarter players we have. Besides, I can envision him being an assistant coach for us in the future. Why not let him finish his career here. I hope the same goes for Bagwell and Biggio. I love my Astro's too!!
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-23-2005   #28
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

no no no no no...the texans will not trade glenn...glenn came here to retire and he will be the first real texan to retire here...enough of this silly dripple...i've had enough of releasing or trading defensive starters for one offseason...the draft needs to get here so we can start looking towards the future...not speculation
Old 04-23-2005   #29
LBblitz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
Besides, I can envision him being an assistant coach for us in the future. Why not let him finish his career here.
I have also pondered this idea
Old 04-23-2005   #30
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 7197 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
no no no no no...the texans will not trade glenn...glenn came here to retire and he will be the first real texan to retire here...enough of this silly dripple...i've had enough of releasing or trading defensive starters for one offseason...the draft needs to get here so we can start looking towards the future...not speculation
Amen! We have the perfect CB situation now. Two young, talented CBs + a very talented veteran and a decent, young dime player. We should keep the status quo (players on board) for two years and let the competition determine who starts.
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #31
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

The justification of the PB trade was that you can never have too many good corners and that Jon Hoke and AG could deprogram him from his Hurricane/Raider personality...Capers has also said we used 5 DBs 44% of the time last year and wanted our nickle and dime packages as strong as possible...If we were to turn around a trade Glenn, the players and fans would all feel betrayed...If he's gone by the end of the day, Charley's got some 'splainin to do...
Old 04-23-2005   #32
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
The justification of the PB trade was that you can never have too many good corners and that Jon Hoke and AG could deprogram him from his Hurricane/Raider personality...Capers has also said we used 5 DBs 44% of the time last year and wanted our nickle and dime packages as strong as possible...If we were to turn around a trade Glenn, the players and fans would all feel betrayed...If he's gone by the end of the day, Charley's got some 'splainin to do...
Good post. I like the way our D is shaping up. We might be getting close to having the personnel that we need there. I think PB is gonna learn a lot from AG. I wasn't real happy about the trade when it happened, but maybe PB will benefit from the change of scenery. He's putting his best face on and saying all the right things. Let's see how it is when the heat is on. At least the heat here isn't as bad as it is in Oakland.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #33
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Heck this "inside source" could have been Faggins. Who knows.....he's the one that's gonna lose the most playing time.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #34
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't trust what Bob Allen says. He's the worst sports reporter in Houston. Remember how he said that the Astros were not going to make it to the playoffs last year? I know that most of us didn't expect the 'Stros to make it but I don't listen to what Bob Allen says. AG maybe unhappy and he has the right to be unhappy but he has to realize that he's not going to start forever and that it's time he gives way a little bit.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read