Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-17-2011   #1
texanchris
Veteran

Rep Power: 3782 texanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Andre Johnson allegations

http://sports.yahoo.com/investigatio...on_allegations

Didn't see this anywhere and thought you guys might find this interesting. Its not as serious as Wilfork who got $50,000 but I'm wondering if he can still get in trouble.
texanchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson allegations

Get in trouble by whom?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #3
texanchris
Veteran

Rep Power: 3782 texanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Get in trouble by whom?
I don't Know, I wasn't sure if they punished the players who received the improper benefits or if the just punished the university.
texanchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #4
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 53313 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Get in trouble by whom?
It's part of that whole Miami U scandal. The guy who is in jail and singing like a canary right now named like 70 players that he gave benefits to while they were at the U and Andre and Daryl Sharpton for the Texans he claims were given some benefits like VIP access and free drinks at a club and stuff.

Those are the only benefits I have heard that our Texans got so dar but I have not pulled up the link yet (my info just coming from what has been talked about on 610 today).

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Much ado about nada!!
Old 08-17-2011   #6
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3508 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

The topic title had me worried. I thought the NFL was going to hold an investigation into whether or not Andre is actually a cyborg.

Dodged a bullet there.

-Credit to False Start for this signature-
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #7
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Up here they have been hounding Hester. Seems like he got alot of stuff.

My favorite part about all of these scandals is that Yahoo sports is showing how far and above they are compared to ESPN. They actually do real reporting and real journalism where they do interviews, etc. Oregon and now this. Guys like Wojo get all the inside NBA scoop. ESPN just reposts what they hear.
Old 08-17-2011   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
It's part of that whole Miami U scandal. The guy who is in jail and singing like a canary right now named like 70 players that he gave benefits to while they were at the U and Andre and Daryl Sharpton for the Texans he claims were given some benefits like VIP access and free drinks at a club and stuff.

Those are the only benefits I have heard that our Texans got so dar but I have not pulled up the link yet (my info just coming from what has been talked about on 610 today).
I'm familar with the situation, just wondering how Andre would be punished for this...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #9
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Will the Texans be put on probation by the NCAA?

TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #10
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 53313 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm familar with the situation, just wondering how Andre would be punished for this...
I see. Nothing, it was just something of note since he was a Texan I guess.

The NCAA is a joke IMO. Dre's ring shouldn't be tarnished from his championship and MVP at the U.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
Old 08-17-2011   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Eric Winston said he heard of Shapiro, but couldn't pick him out in a line-up.
Old 08-17-2011   #12
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

so with Larry Coker starting up football program here at UTSA, and he was around during all that, I am wondering if he gets dragged into it.

that was our selling point for him look at the job he did at Miami....(wah wah.. goes the trumpet)
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #13
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

He got some free drinks and VIP access. Big freakin' deal! That may amount to a couple of hundred dollars or so. It's not like the guy paid for him a new house, car, and lavish vacations abroad. The guy is a douche and is grabbing at straws if you ask me. How in the hell can you get in trouble for receiving drinks? I'd write the dude a check for couple of Benjamins and tell him to go and **** himself. Ass clown.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #14
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Andre just commented on it......said he is not worried about it and not a big deal and he can only speak for himself.

Dre said he doesn't remember any benefits like that. He said he is upset about it bt can't control it and he knows and Dre knows what really happened.

(typing as I listen...forgive any misspellings)

He says has not been contacted by anyone from NCAA or otherwise.

--That was it and was said right after morning practice just minutes ago.

Old 08-17-2011   #15
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

It is my professional opinion that the Houston Texans should win a Super Bowl so AJ gets a nice ring to make up for this obvious injustice.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Not really addressing AJ but there needs to be some sanity to this amateur athlete stuff. One, the rules should be uniform for all sports. If college football players can't charge to give tutoring to high school players then tennis and skiing team members shouldn't be allowed to give lessons. And they shouldn't be allowed to do endorsements if football players can't. Or flip it around and everyone can. Also there needs to be some de minimis understanding of ordinary life. It shouldn't be wrong to accept a drink from someone while they want to sit down and talk to you. It's ordinary life to buy drinks for other people.
Old 08-17-2011   #17
Ckw

Here I was expecting Dre to have received some big time bonus. $10k in his locker when he got back or something. But all the asshat has is he paid for AJ to enjoy some VIP treatment and some drinks?

No, Andre will not be getting in any kind of trouble for receiving free drinks.
Old 08-17-2011   #18
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Not really addressing AJ but there needs to be some sanity to this amateur athlete stuff. One, the rules should be uniform for all sports. If college football players can't charge to give tutoring to high school players then tennis and skiing team members shouldn't be allowed to give lessons. And they shouldn't be allowed to do endorsements if football players can't. Or flip it around and everyone can. Also there needs to be some de minimis understanding of ordinary life. It shouldn't be wrong to accept a drink from someone while they want to sit down and talk to you. It's ordinary life to buy drinks for other people.
I agree 100% about there needing to be some sort of uniformity. I never gave it much of a thought before, but it makes perfect sense.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
QFT.

This, and the lack of a legit playoff system, is why I can't be bothered to watch college football (outside of my son's team, of course).

The ADs and bowl committee's have way too much power and it turns the entire industry into a freakin' joke.
Old 08-17-2011   #20
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

You mean to tell me one the biggest recruits coming out of HS was paid/received extra benefits to go to a certain school. I'm shocked I tell you, utterly gob-smacked.

Yawn. Such a non-story.
Errant Hothy is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read