Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-16-2011   #1
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Choice Rex Ryan Quote

Quote:
Good stuff, right? Well, Ryan wasn't ready to throw bouquets in the direction of his starting offense. Consider the opposition, he said. Indeed, the Texans are learning a new scheme under new coordinator Wade Phillips, who is installing a 3-4 system -- no easy talk when you miss the entire offseason due to a lockout.

"This defense right here isn't to our caliber," Ryan said, claiming the Texans are no match to what Sanchez & Co. face every day in practice.
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...here-more-come

I love it when a team fails against our subpar talent.

E: Not to say that we're some great defense cause we aren't yet, but it doesn't take a Jets caliber defense to win in the NFL.
Old 08-16-2011   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Choice Rex Ryan Quote

I saw this too. It's true, but still very dickish.
Old 08-16-2011   #3
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...here-more-come

I love it when a team fails against our subpar talent.
eh, he just needs to squirt a little water in it to get the sand out and he'll be fine.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

What he said was honest .... The Jets defense has been one of the best over the past few seasons , they have run the same scheme since he got there and they do it well.

Compare that to the Texans having two weeks to impliment their new scheme .... they have a lot of learning to do with a new scheme and new players at multiple poisitions - Only KJ starting at the same position as last season.

I take his comments as more a slap in the face to his own offense than a negative twards the Texans. It should be obvious to all of us that they have work to do to be anywhere near the level of the Jets defense over the past 3 seasons.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #5
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't believe our subpar defense defeeted him. What a monumentous feet!
Old 08-16-2011   #6
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Choice Wade Phillips quote:

Quote:
(on the number of sacks this game (7)) “I didn’t expect that many sacks, because most of the stuff we ran was base defense, and we didn’t run any blitzes. And I thought our pass rush was good.”
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...e-307dc28b55bc
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #7
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Jets are going to come back to reality this year.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-16-2011   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Monumentous: similar to monumental, except bigger....and with feet!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #9
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Monumentous: similar to monumental, except bigger....and with feet!
momentous + monumental = monumentous...a significant or large item/feet
Old 08-16-2011   #10
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Our 3rd string beat his 3rd string. Let me see the 1s kill it during and after the regular season!

Sent from my Sprint EVO 3D using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2011   #11
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Our 3rd string beat his 3rd string. Let me see the 1s kill it during and after the regular season!

Sent from my Sprint EVO 3D using Tapatalk
Well at least it seems we're putting the right foot forward.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #12
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 29696 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Kinda tough for me, one of my best buds is a big jets fan and I would hate to take joy in his misery but I hope the jets fall flat on their faces because of their arrogant ass coach.
Old 08-16-2011   #13
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

sexy rexy makes my toes get really wet. i reach down and i'm soaked.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #14
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
How many times did we rush 5 or more defenders? I think I counted like one or two.
Old 08-16-2011   #15
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I was thinking the other day, and we've got a ton of different pieces now on defense and with a new scheme that I think is more effective in the NFL with the 3-4. I think we go from dead last on defense to a having a top 15 defense.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #16
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
How many times did we rush 5 or more defenders? I think I counted like one or two.
I think it was more than that. But I didn't DVR the game so I can't give you a count until Weds. when NFLn replays the game.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #17
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I was thinking the other day, and we've got a ton of different pieces now on defense and with a new scheme that I think is more effective in the NFL with the 3-4. I think we go from dead last on defense to a having a top 15 defense.
Okay when you start getting optimistic I KNOW there's something in the koolade.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #18
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Kinda tough for me, one of my best buds is a big jets fan and I would hate to take joy in his misery but I hope the jets fall flat on their faces because of their arrogant ass coach.
I bet if Rex was coaching your team .... you'd like his arrogance.

I hate the Jets , but I really like how Rex tells it how it is and doesnt take anything for granted. He expects greatness ..... and wont tolerate any half steppin.

He's a throwback .... maybe thats what I like about the guy.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #19
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I think it was more than that. But I didn't DVR the game so I can't give you a count until Weds. when NFLn replays the game.
There were times when we rushed different positions (Like when Keo rushed, or Adibi) but it seemed like if somebody like that was rushing then another rusher was dropping into coverage (brooks reed comes to mind). I honestly did not see more than a few times where we legitimately rushed 5 or more right from the snap.

Also, the Sanchez sack in the redzone was definitely a 4 man rush.

EDIT: By posting this thread, I am not hating on Rex Ryan, and I am a fan of loudmouth brashness. His quotes are great for bulletin boards and I am sure all of his players love the hell out of him and respect him.

I don't even think his schtick is old either.
Old 08-16-2011   #20
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote][I bet if Rex was coaching your team .... you'd like his arrogance.

I hate the Jets , but I really like how Rex tells it how it is and doesnt take anything for granted. He expects greatness ..... and wont tolerate any half steppin.

He's a throwback .... maybe thats what I like about the guy.
/QUOTE]

Agreed. I told my wife that the only way I could like him was if he were our coach. I wish GK would get pissed like he was every now and again. I still laugh my butt off when I see him throwing that headset down.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read