Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-16-2011   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I want to see more of TJ Yates

I know he played with the 3rd string tonight, but I was impressed with his poise and awareness. I wasn't very impressed with Lienart just dumping the ball off.
Old 08-16-2011   #2
incubry
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 incubry is a quality contributor and well respectedincubry is a quality contributor and well respectedincubry is a quality contributor and well respectedincubry is a quality contributor and well respectedincubry is a quality contributor and well respectedincubry is a quality contributor and well respectedincubry is a quality contributor and well respectedincubry is a quality contributor and well respectedincubry is a quality contributor and well respectedincubry is a quality contributor and well respectedincubry is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I want to see more of TJ Yates

Where can I see highlights of TJ Yates in the 2nd half? NFL network and ESPN only have 1st half clips.
incubry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #3
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 52595 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

yates won me over with his schaub impersonation ... touch and accuracy. leinart looked too much like carr to me - line drive dumpoffs. kubiak can scheme leinart into jake plummer, but that's the highest complement i can give.

yates has a lot of growing to do, and wont be NFL ready for a season or two, but he gave a good impression in that first game with the way he throws the ball and "his ability to make each throw". this is a phrase tossed around too much. jamarcus russell can bomb it 80 yards, but he cant "make each throw". chad pennington can ... and in the smallest of samplings it looks as if yates can as well.
Old 08-16-2011   #4
honored82
Veteran

Rep Power: 3130 honored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyfuxUOHShk

Enjoy in HD!!! Last 5 mins of the game, Texans winning drive ( yates )
Hard to find highlights
honored82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #5
incubry
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 incubry is a quality contributor and well respectedincubry is a quality contributor and well respectedincubry is a quality contributor and well respectedincubry is a quality contributor and well respectedincubry is a quality contributor and well respectedincubry is a quality contributor and well respectedincubry is a quality contributor and well respectedincubry is a quality contributor and well respectedincubry is a quality contributor and well respectedincubry is a quality contributor and well respectedincubry is a quality contributor and well respected

Awesome, thanks! really wanted to see some of this!
incubry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #6
ToroTimes
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ToroTimes was voted MVPToroTimes was voted MVPToroTimes was voted MVPToroTimes was voted MVPToroTimes was voted MVP

I agree. felt like Yates played better than Leinert and would like to see how yates plays with the number twos

http://torotimes.com/
ToroTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 157572 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Yates might be my favorite draft pick this year. The defensive picks were an absolute must, and I'm optimistic about them, but I really like Yates as a long-term sleeper.
Old 08-16-2011   #8
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Yates looked really good, i like hows he's not afraid to throw it down the field, he nearly had townsel on that long route where he was wide open but over threw him which would of been a sure TD, then the one to Jean. The boy impressed me. Hope he continues to grow.
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #9
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Im much more confident in Yates than what we had last season at the #2 spot in .... Dan Iranouttaboundski.

Hopefully he can displace Lienart (asking a lot).... and we dont have to worry about a lefty QB.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #10
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Yates might be my favorite draft pick this year. The defensive picks were an absolute must, and I'm optimistic about them, but I really like Yates as a long-term sleeper.
In college, Yates improved dramatically over the years. He has a history of showing growth. I hope he can continue that trend.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #11
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

You will see plenty of him the 4th pre-season game.
Old 08-17-2011   #12
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1975 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

Put me on this ship as well, even if it was against lesser competition, Yates looked good out there for a rookie QB with a shortened amount of time to get acclimated to the offense, team, and NFL life in general. And I feel like he accomplished that by just playing football, not overthinking it or anything, just going out there and making throws he knows he's made before.

Is he good enough to be the backup? No. Next year? Probably not as well. But he's a good prospect and it's always good to have someone in line for the future.

On that note, I also don't have faith in Leinart to be the guy we go to if Schaub goes down. He's our best bet as a number two, but fingers crossed we don't have to rely on him to make our first ever playoff appearance.

BTW - first post! Excited to be on here.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #13
BullsOnParade
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 282 BullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
You will see plenty of him the 4th pre-season game.
I was just about to say this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
Welcome to the best Houston Texans message board!
BullsOnParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #14
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by honored82 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyfuxUOHShk

Enjoy in HD!!! Last 5 mins of the game, Texans winning drive ( yates )
Hard to find highlights
thanks for the link.
repped
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #15
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was also impressed by the small sampling of TJ Yates on Monday. He's young and has a long ways to go but from what I saw, I was impressed with his field presence and the fact that he didn't look terrified and didn't make mistakes. Now he might look equally terrible next week but that's all part of the growing process. Hopefully Kubiak can turn Yates into a serviceable QB and then we can trade him for picks a couple years from now.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Yates showed continued growth & substantial improvement the more reps he got. I know this is not going to happen but sit Schaub & lets see who the better QB is. Leinart or Yates. My money is on Yates

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #17
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 16963 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope, we can groom TJ to a legit starter material guy in 4-5 yrs. Won't it be nice to have a home grown QB?

GO TJ!!!
GO TEXANS!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
Put me on this ship as well, even if it was against lesser competition, Yates looked good out there for a rookie QB with a shortened amount of time to get acclimated to the offense, team, and NFL life in general. And I feel like he accomplished that by just playing football, not overthinking it or anything, just going out there and making throws he knows he's made before.

Is he good enough to be the backup? No. Next year? Probably not as well. But he's a good prospect and it's always good to have someone in line for the future.

On that note, I also don't have faith in Leinart to be the guy we go to if Schaub goes down. He's our best bet as a number two, but fingers crossed we don't have to rely on him to make our first ever playoff appearance.

Welcome to the board, man.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #19
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11948 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Im much more confident in Yates than what we had last season at the #2 spot in .... Dan Iranouttaboundski.

Hopefully he can displace Lienart (asking a lot).... and we dont have to worry about a lefty QB.
He just needs to be ready to displace Leinart in two years when Leinart's contract runs out. There is still plenty of time for that.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #20
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13094 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
He just needs to be ready to displace Leinart in two years when Leinart's contract runs out. There is still plenty of time for that.
This was my thought. He did look good out there and had the poise that is needed to be a great QB. Is he there yet? No, but really who would expect him to be? Two weeks...c'mon now!

But I'm confident that given two years to learn from Schaub he will become a great back up and our QB for the future. I was a little disappointed when they drafted him but I completely see why now.

(Just noticed this is post 1K for me!!)

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read