Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-15-2011   #1
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The View From Section 113

Ogbannaya did two things: stayed healthy and held the football. Apparently that's enough for any halfway talented RB to succeed in the Texans' offense.

Defense got consistent pressure. After 2 weeks of retraining.
> Frank Bush.

Manning will be a fan favorite by game 2. If Joseph is anywhere near as active as DM we'll have a real secondary for real.

Mario didn't get 3 sacks on 10 plays. Trade him.
Trade him for :demarcuswarepalm:

Demeco looked healthy. I gotta say with all the competition at LB with Reed, Braman, Nading............Brian Cushing is on the bubble and he's got hella competition.

JJ Watt!! Man.

Wasn't really sold on the DTs.

Tim Jamison with the hit of the night on that 7 yard loss! Ouch!

Jean made his name known. Betting on him for the WR depth for sure. Dickerson didn't stand out to me. Toliver didn't see, Maehl didn't matter, didn't recognize anyone else. I'd take DD on his athleticism over anyone else. If 6 keep Maehl, he gives you another hands guy.

Schaub looked a little rusty but I'm not worried. Offense overall seemed a little side tracked by something.

Casey laid a few blocks that didn't look particularly fun to recieve. Also, he looked like the #1 FB to me.

Beer. That light on the horizon looks nice. Let's see if they can bring it a little closer next game!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #2
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 147149 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The View From Section 113

Based on that post it looks like you had good seats .

I appreciate the insight from someone who was there. Especially...

Quote:
Casey laid a few blocks that didn't look particularly fun to recieve. Also, he looked like the #1 FB to me.
I think ESPN was doing a Jet interview then...lol.

Nice post.
Old 08-16-2011   #3
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Based on that post it looks like you had good seats .

I appreciate the insight from someone who was there. Especially...

I think ESPN was doing a Jet interview then...lol.

Nice post.
Thanks, the seats are my aunt/uncle's they were just outta town! Lucky me! I gotta do something nice for them....usually if they give up the seats and there's some sort of giveaway, shirt or what have you, I go early to make sure I get one so I can give it to them.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #4
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Ogbannaya did two things: stayed healthy and held the football. Apparently that's enough for any halfway talented RB to succeed in the Texans' offense.

> Frank Bush.

Manning will be a fan favorite by game 2. If Joseph is anywhere near as active as DM we'll have a real secondary for real.

Demeco looked healthy. I gotta say with all the competition at LB with Reed, Braman, Nading............Brian Cushing is on the bubble and he's got hella competition.

JJ Watt!! Man.

Tim Jamison with the hit of the night on that 7 yard loss! Ouch!

Jean made his name known. Betting on him for the WR depth for sure. Dickerson didn't stand out to me. Toliver didn't see, Maehl didn't matter, didn't recognize anyone else. I'd take DD on his athleticism over anyone else. If 6 keep Maehl, he gives you another hands guy.

Schaub looked a little rusty but I'm not worried. Offense overall seemed a little side tracked by something.

Beer. That light on the horizon looks nice. Let's see if they can bring it a little closer next game!
Good recap right there!

I also saw Maehl do a couple of good things that I can remember: He ran a nice route on one play (got seperation on a stick move) and he crashed block on a DE.

The competition at reveiver is pretty good!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Quote:
[color="Blue"]Agreed[/COLOR
Quote:
]
Quote:
> Frank Bush.

and to think Wade didn't even call a single blitz
Quote:

JJ Watt!! Man.

Quote:
Tim Jamison with the hit of the night on that 7 yard loss! Ouch
! Tim Dobbins, Xavier Adibi and Braman were three others that are just waiting to play for us.

Quote:
I think it's still up in the air.

I would've like to have seen us wrap up the game a bit sooner. Started getting too many 2010 memories.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read