Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-15-2011   #1
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Aaron Maybin cut by Bills

Quote:
Adam Schefter
Another big move for the Bills: Buffalo is releasing former first-round pick Aaron Maybin.
Anybody know just how bad he has been, and is there any chance of him resurecting his career in the right system?

I cannot even recall if he is a 34 OLB or a 43 DE.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Aaron Maybin cut by Bills

I believe he was a tweener, who was difficult to peg as either one. The Bills were running a 3-4 when he was there, so he probably won't be picked up as an OLB again. I suspect he will go back to being a DE on a 4-3 team where he may be useful.
Old 08-15-2011   #3
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Pretty sure he is a 3-4 OLB, if he can't make the Bills then he is probably pretty bad. Was Kollar still coaching the Bills while he was drafted?

Might be worth a look for depth at LB since that is a thin position with the transition from 4-3 to 3-4.
Old 08-15-2011   #4
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Anybody know just how bad he has been, and is there any chance of him resurecting his career in the right system?

I cannot even recall if he is a 34 OLB or a 43 DE.
No strength, no pass rushing moves. All speed, all fail.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #5
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96229 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Was a terrible reach and a awful pro. Has a bad attitude that refuses to accept any responsibility for his own failures. The Bills can look back at picks like this and Mike Williams as exhibits A and B why they suck so bad and for so long.

I'm not sure there is a team out there with a worst 1st round draft record in the last 15 years than the Bills. Even the Raiders have had more success.

If Maybin wasn't good enough to play on one of the worst teams in the NFL that also had major injury issues and STILL left him on the bench, why would anyone else want him?

He's Mike Mamula, but with a little less fanfare.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Who's a bigger bust, Maybin or Vernon Gholston?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #7
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96229 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Maybin - Gholston at least played.

I looked at the Bills draft record and how Ralph Wilson sleeps at night is beyond me.

2000 Erik Flowers Arizona State Defensive End - BUST
2001 Nate Clements Ohio State Defensive Back - left as UFA
2002 Mike Williams Texas Tackle - MONSTER BUST
2003 Willis McGahee Miami (FL) Running Back -BUST
2004 Lee Evans Wisconsin Wide Receiver - OK, maybe decent
2004 J.P. Losman Tulane Quarterback - BUST
2005 No 1st Round Pick, Roscoe Parrish (2nd Round) Miami (FL) Wide Receiver - Bust, even as a 2nd round pick
2006 Donte Whitner Ohio State Safety - OK at best, but bust when you look at who they took him over
2006 John McCargo North Carolina State Defensive Tackle - OK but bust
2007 Marshawn Lynch California Running Back - BUST
2008 Leodis McKelvin Troy Defensive Back - BUST
20091 Aaron Maybin Penn State Defensive End/Outside Linebacker - HUGE BUST
20091 Eric Wood Louisville Center - MEH
20101 C.J. Spiller Clemson Running Back - We;ll see, but he didn't have a great rookie season.

And the guy that drafted almost every one of these guys wasn't let go until this past off-season. Unreal.

Sponsored links
Old 08-15-2011   #8
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Bring him in for a tryout and see how bad he sucks. You can always cut him. I don't see the harm in kicking the tires
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post

I looked at the Bills draft record and how Ralph Wilson sleeps at night is beyond me.

2000 Erik Flowers Arizona State Defensive End - BUST
2001 Nate Clements Ohio State Defensive Back - left as UFA
2002 Mike Williams Texas Tackle - MONSTER BUST
2003 Willis McGahee Miami (FL) Running Back -BUST
2004 J.P. Losman Tulane Quarterback - BUST
2005 No 1st Round Pick, Roscoe Parrish (2nd Round) Miami (FL) Wide Receiver - Bust, even as a 2nd round pick
2006 Donte Whitner Ohio State Safety - OK at best, but bust when you look at who they took him over
2006 John McCargo North Carolina State Defensive Tackle - OK but bust
2007 Marshawn Lynch California Running Back - BUST
2008 Leodis McKelvin Troy Defensive Back - BUST
20091 Aaron Maybin Penn State Defensive End/Outside Linebacker - HUGE BUST
20091 Eric Wood Louisville Center - MEH
20101 C.J. Spiller Clemson Running Back - We;ll see, but he didn't have a great rookie season.

And the guy that drafted almost every one of these guys wasn't let go until this past off-season. Unreal.
Wow. Charley Casserly looks like a draft genius in comparison to that.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #10
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not trying to stir the pot but Rick Smith makes Charley Casserly look like a genius too.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Not trying to stir the pot but Rick Smith makes Charley Casserly look like a genius too.
I wouldn't go there. Look at more than just the first round.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

and he was recently traded to Baltimore for a 4th (I think it was)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #13
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

The problem with Maybin is he has been playing in the wrong position. He is not a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 OLB. He is a WILL in a 4-3.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #14
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Rainier Wolfcastle: My new movie is me, standing in front of a brick wall for 90 minutes. It cost 80 million dollars.

Jay Sherman: How do you sleep at night?

Rainier Wolfcastle: On top of a pile of money, with many beautiful women.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #15
toronto
Hall of Fame

Quote:
What is insane is that Ralph Wilson had TWO Directors of College Scouting - Tom Modrak was brought in in 2001 and was essentially in charge of all scouting. That was under Donahue, Levy etc

Old 08-16-2011   #16
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 143833 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Damn I was just thinking the exact same thing. I'd Gholston only becasue he was drafted higher. But it's not his fault that he was overhyped.
Old 08-16-2011   #17
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Damn I was just thinking the exact same thing. I'd Gholston only becasue he was drafted higher. But it's not his fault that he was overhyped.
At least gholston got a 3rd year out of his rookie contract.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #18
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Jets going to work him out.
Old 08-17-2011   #19
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Played and done nothing. Zero sacks in 3 years? At least Maybin wasted away on the sideline. This chump Gholston took up a linebacker spot and didn't even luck into 1 sack! Shameful. #6 overall.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #20
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Will be a Jet, just pending physical per ESPN.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read