Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2011   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,165
Rep Power: 39981 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Roster Cut Diamond In The Rough

Who is the one player in danger of being cut that you hope the Texans keep & why?

WR is an obvious position in both young talent, depth & need. This roster decision could be a key move down the line in a couple years so its imperative Kubiak & his assistants come together & make the right decision. Andre Johnson, Jacoby Jones & Kevin Walter already locked in 1-2-3. WR roster positions 4-5 are up for grabs.

As much as I like 2010 6th rd. pick Trindon Holiday & 7th rd. pick Dorin Dickerson I feel they've been unable to prove themselves as important members of this team moving forward, unless they really standout & produce this pre-season, otherwise its probably practice squad for them?

Derrick Townsel & Terrence Toliver will be cut in a numbers game early & be allowed to catch on with another team.

By releasing fan favorite David Anderson Kubiak opened the door for another slot type of WR, one that I feel confident will turnout to be ready is Jeff Maehl, undrafted rookie from Oregon. Texan fans are going to love this kid, very aware with great intangibles.

My diamond in the rough however, is Lestar Jean, Florida Atlantic, 6030 212. Specialist in over the head catch, red zone target, a willing blocker & someone who can hold up physically including special teams. Eventually I beleive he will move his way up the depth chart, remember too this is Andre Johnson's 9th season & another big play, red zone target helps relieve some of the pressure off Andre. He reminds me a little of Marques Colston how he can control his body, adjust to the ball in air, letting his natural instincts take over in pressure situations.
  1. Andre Johnson
  2. Jacoby Jones
  3. Kevin Walter
  4. Lestar Jean
  5. Jeff Maehl
__________________

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Last edited by beerlover; 08-15-2011 at 10:15 AM.
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011   #2
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame
 
aussie_texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,307
Rep Power: 19403 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roster Cut Diamond In The Rough

by all accounts DD has been performing very well at camp, extremely doubtful he gets dropped.
holiday has no chance.
Jean will make the squad.
Toliver even though he hasn't had a great camp i think they will try keep him on the PS but someone else will take a chance on him before we can do that.
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #3
Rey
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,475
Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

I don't even want to think about roster cuts.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #4
GP 
Go Texans!
 
GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TEXAS!
Posts: 17,747
Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roster Cut Diamond In The Rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Who is the one player in danger of being cut that you hope the Texans keep & why?

WR is an obvious position in both young talent, depth & need. This roster decision could be a key move down the line in a couple years so its imperative Kubiak & his assistants come together & make the right decision. Andre Johnson, Jacoby Jones & Kevin Walter already locked in 1-2-3. WR roster positions 4-5 are up for grabs.

As much as I like 2010 6th rd. pick Trindon Holiday & 7th rd. pick Dorin Dickerson I feel they've been unable to prove themselves as important members of this team moving forward, unless they really standout & produce this pre-season, otherwise its probably practice squad for them?

Derrick Townsel & Terrence Toliver will be cut in a numbers game early & be allowed to catch on with another team.

By releasing fan favorite David Anderson Kubiak opened the door for another slot type of WR, one that I feel confident will turnout to be ready is Jeff Maehl, undrafted rookie from Oregon. Texan fans are going to love this kid, very aware with great intangibles.

My diamond in the rough however, is Jean Lestar, Florida Atlantic, 6030 212. Specialist in over the head catch, red zone target, a willing blocker & someone who can hold up physically including special teams. Eventually I beleive he will move his way up the depth chart, remember too this is Andre Johnson's 9th season & another big play, red zone target helps relieve some of the pressure off Andre. He reminds me a little of Marques Colston how he can control his body, adjust to the ball in air, letting his natural instincts take over in pressure situations.
  1. Andre Johnson
  2. Jacoby Jones
  3. Kevin Walter
  4. Jean Lestar
  5. Jeff Maehl
Much respect to your knowledge of college players (I know you keep a close watch on recruits all year long).

But I don't agree that DD slips off the 53 man, much less onto our PS. If he is waived, he gets claimed. FAST.

AJ, KW, JJ, DD, and Lestar Jean will be the 5 WRs.

Townsel has, reportedly, some ST skills and Kubiak might want to put him on Joe Ma's ST squad as an emergency 6th WR in case we get depleted as the season wears on.

Maehl and Toliver, IMO, are going to be two guys whom the Texans waive and claim and place on PS. Remember this, guys: The Texans have a good shot at retaining UDFAs like Toliver and Maehl because they came in off-the-radar (via UDFA route) and they know the Texans system...which is something the other 31 teams will do, too--The other 31 teams will pass on taking most other teams' cuts because each team wants to retain its own guys they cut, because their own guys put in the work and know the system and can be plug-and-play IF NEEDED in the reg season. No need in going after other teams' cuts who might not fit your team and will be behind on learning your plays, the signals, the style, the rapport with the teammates, coaches, etc.

I just don't think Maehl and Toliver pose a risk to be claimed like Lestar Jean does. They are GOOD, but there are 62 other Maehls and Tolivers out there who are going to get cut and then brought back on PS (31 teams x 2 guys at WR who get cut, but brought back for PS = 62 similar type WRs).

I think this is why Kubiak doesn't mind going with only 5 WRs. He knows he's getting a 6th WR on Joe Ma's ST squad, and he'll bring back at least 1 or 2 more WRs (Toliver and Maehl) onto the PS.

The only kicker here, is if Kubiak has a hard-on for a David Anderson type slot guy--small, quick cutting, slant and curl guy--and to me, that's where things could get goofy on us. Personally, I think it's time we left behind that philosophy that we need a Wes Welker, Amendola, David Anderson type guy. Go for reach, height, vertical, bigger body frame if you're going to put a WR out there. I just think it's time to abandon that sacred "little guy" idea.
__________________
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,800
Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roster Cut Diamond In The Rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
The only kicker here, is if Kubiak has a hard-on for a David Anderson type slot guy--small, quick cutting, slant and curl guy--and to me, that's where things could get goofy on us. Personally, I think it's time we left behind that philosophy that we need a Wes Welker, Amendola, David Anderson type guy. Go for reach, height, vertical, bigger body frame if you're going to put a WR out there. I just think it's time to abandon that sacred "little guy" idea.
Agreed. To me, if we could get one of the guys behind Walter to step up, Walter becomes a very explosive slot guy. He runs precise routes and he has good hands.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #6
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Age: 27
Posts: 7,648
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roster Cut Diamond In The Rough

I don't think a guy who physically resembles AJ has much of a chance of getting beat out by rookies unless he just falls flat on his face. Dickerson has to work but the guy will be productive sooner than later. He could turn out to be AJ v.2, I'm not willing to let that slip just yet...

aj, kw, jj, dd, ?

Assuming they roll with 5, who makes the last spot? I think the most impressive figure at camp has been L-Jean, at least there has been more noise about him than any other udfa WR. Game time will matter though, so I'm sure they'd like to see him produce when the bullets go live.

Maehl, IMO, would make it if they ran 6 deep, which is totally possible. Maehl might even make the 5 on the basis that with AJ, KW, JJ, DD Jean isn't really bringing anything different. Maehl IS that quick, little guy who will get open, catch the ball and run for a few yards.

Interesting stuff.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #7
painekiller
Hall of Fame
 
painekiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: On the West Belt
Age: 51
Posts: 2,051
Rep Power: 1964 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roster Cut Diamond In The Rough

From being out at the practices, DD seems to be a lock. Jean is ahead of the other UDFA guys, but not by much. Maehl has looked solid. He catches everything, and he just has a knack for getting open. Maehl should be on the PS at the very least.

I agree that Toliver is interesting but he has not had the camp that Jean and Maehl have had.

Holiday is gone, unless he blows up a few punts during the games. Then he might be trade bait.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-15-2011   #8
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 21,667
Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roster Cut Diamond In The Rough

Everyone is talking WR but I re-read the first two sentences in the thread and am going with a different position. Sherrick McMannis is my player and I think cornerback has some of the same issues all are talking about at receiver.
__________________
Buy my 2012 fully loaded Nissan Maxima Sports Edition for balance owed! Very low mileage.
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,165
Rep Power: 39981 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roster Cut Diamond In The Rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Much respect to your knowledge of college players (I know you keep a close watch on recruits all year long).

But I don't agree that DD slips off the 53 man, much less onto our PS. If he is waived, he gets claimed. FAST.

AJ, KW, JJ, DD, and Lestar Jean will be the 5 WRs.

Townsel has, reportedly, some ST skills and Kubiak might want to put him on Joe Ma's ST squad as an emergency 6th WR in case we get depleted as the season wears on.

Maehl and Toliver, IMO, are going to be two guys whom the Texans waive and claim and place on PS. Remember this, guys: The Texans have a good shot at retaining UDFAs like Toliver and Maehl because they came in off-the-radar (via UDFA route) and they know the Texans system...which is something the other 31 teams will do, too--The other 31 teams will pass on taking most other teams' cuts because each team wants to retain its own guys they cut, because their own guys put in the work and know the system and can be plug-and-play IF NEEDED in the reg season. No need in going after other teams' cuts who might not fit your team and will be behind on learning your plays, the signals, the style, the rapport with the teammates, coaches, etc.

I just don't think Maehl and Toliver pose a risk to be claimed like Lestar Jean does. They are GOOD, but there are 62 other Maehls and Tolivers out there who are going to get cut and then brought back on PS (31 teams x 2 guys at WR who get cut, but brought back for PS = 62 similar type WRs).

I think this is why Kubiak doesn't mind going with only 5 WRs. He knows he's getting a 6th WR on Joe Ma's ST squad, and he'll bring back at least 1 or 2 more WRs (Toliver and Maehl) onto the PS.

The only kicker here, is if Kubiak has a hard-on for a David Anderson type slot guy--small, quick cutting, slant and curl guy--and to me, that's where things could get goofy on us. Personally, I think it's time we left behind that philosophy that we need a Wes Welker, Amendola, David Anderson type guy. Go for reach, height, vertical, bigger body frame if you're going to put a WR out there. I just think it's time to abandon that sacred "little guy" idea.
From your valued comments, is Jeff Maehl then your Diamond in the Rough? They have a guy on from NY right now (610) who just talked about how Texans have built their WR corp the right way, everyone knows their roles. Nobody is crying for touches, Andre sets the tone & leads by example, everyone else blocks, plays special teams & supports passing game around him. This is Why I choose this route despite both Holliday & Dickerson being worthy developmental prospects. Its based not just on talent but how they compliment & fit with players already on team.

Maehl is a "Diamond in the rough" because people don't know his college career with Oregon. I know what he is & think he is capable in this system of being another Kevin Walter (will need to add strength & size to his frame) but can assume David Anderson role because he can best replicate that style now. We can discuss Dickersons athletic ability all day & I could easily buy him being labeled as a player who is still a "Diamond in the Rough". Yet even when Andre was shutdown end of last season he never made the progress in practice to make meaningful impact in actual games. I asked myself, WHY? many, many many times & this is how I rationalized it- Dorin Dickerson is a dynamic, athletic physical specimen who is a TE (stuck on a team loaded @ his position) being converted to WR @ the highest level of competition. So I'm not going to even argue with your feeling he will not be cut, that's a trait of Kubiak, his loyalty to players. Lestar Jean is proving, very early on, he is a pure WR with a dynamic skill set that transcends to the next level.

Place Maehl, Dickerson or Jean on PS they're gone. I chose to put Dickerson out there because he is taking longer to develop (changing positions) Maehl is ready to contribute immediately & Jean is a "Diamond in the Rough" who compliments Andre Johnson best. Keeping thee QB's plus other tough roster cuts, I just can't see the Texans keeping 6 WR's?
__________________

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #10
281
Hall of Fame
 
281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,508
Rep Power: 1297 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roster Cut Diamond In The Rough

sorry dude... dorin is a lock.
__________________
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,165
Rep Power: 39981 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roster Cut Diamond In The Rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Everyone is talking WR but I re-read the first two sentences in the thread and am going with a different position. Sherrick McMannis is my player and I think cornerback has some of the same issues all are talking about at receiver.
Good one. McMannis is caught in a tight battle for a roster spot. I would give him an edge over Brice McCain if for no other reason he has better size. "Roc" Carmichael going on PUP may save him though. McMannis, in this scheme, as a "Diamond in the Rough" a definite possibility.
__________________

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,165
Rep Power: 39981 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roster Cut Diamond In The Rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
sorry dude... dorin is a lock.
then Texans will keep 6 WR? or do they put Maehl/Jean on PS?
__________________

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #13
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 21,667
Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roster Cut Diamond In The Rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Good one. McMannis is caught in a tight battle for a roster spot. I would give him an edge over Brice McCain if for no other reason he has better size. "Roc" Carmichael going on PUP may save him though. McMannis, in this scheme, as a "Diamond in the Rough" a definite possibility.
WHoa, I missed this. What happened to Carmichael? I think McCain is going to be gone.
__________________
Buy my 2012 fully loaded Nissan Maxima Sports Edition for balance owed! Very low mileage.
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #14
76Texan
Hall of Fame
 
76Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,033
Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roster Cut Diamond In The Rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
From your valued comments, is Jeff Maehl then your Diamond in the Rough? They have a guy on from NY right now (610) who just talked about how Texans have built their WR corp the right way, everyone knows their roles. Nobody is crying for touches, Andre sets the tone & leads by example, everyone else blocks, plays special teams & supports passing game around him. This is Why I choose this route despite both Holliday & Dickerson being worthy developmental prospects. Its based not just on talent but how they compliment & fit with players already on team.

Maehl is a "Diamond in the rough" because people don't know his college career with Oregon. I know what he is & think he is capable in this system of being another Kevin Walter (will need to add strength & size to his frame) but can assume David Anderson role because he can best replicate that style now. We can discuss Dickersons athletic ability all day & I could easily buy him being labeled as a player who is still a "Diamond in the Rough". Yet even when Andre was shutdown end of last season he never made the progress in practice to make meaningful impact in actual games. I asked myself, WHY? many, many many times & this is how I rationalized it- Dorin Dickerson is a dynamic, athletic physical specimen who is a TE (stuck on a team loaded @ his position) being converted to WR @ the highest level of competition. So I'm not going to even argue with your feeling he will not be cut, that's a trait of Kubiak, his loyalty to players. Lestar Jean is proving, very early on, he is a pure WR with a dynamic skill set that transcends to the next level.

Place Maehl, Dickerson or Jean on PS they're gone. I chose to put Dickerson out there because he is taking longer to develop (changing positions) Maehl is ready to contribute immediately & Jean is a "Diamond in the Rough" who compliments Andre Johnson best. Keeping thee QB's plus other tough roster cuts, I just can't see the Texans keeping 6 WR's?
It's just difficult to pick two out of these four.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #15
281
Hall of Fame
 
281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,508
Rep Power: 1297 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roster Cut Diamond In The Rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
then Texans will keep 6 WR? or do they put Maehl/Jean on PS?
i think either maehl/jean will be put on PS.
__________________
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #16
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame
 
jaayteetx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Albuquerque,NM
Section: 623
Age: 40
Posts: 3,392
Rep Power: 21874 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roster Cut Diamond In The Rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
sorry dude... dorin is a lock.
what he said
__________________
Oh no! We suck again!
jaayteetx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,165
Rep Power: 39981 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roster Cut Diamond In The Rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
WHoa, I missed this. What happened to Carmichael? I think McCain is going to be gone.
I believe he separated his shoulder which would put him back around time Texans would need to designate status. I'm projecting they keep him & stash him away on PUP while secondary shakes itself out.
__________________

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #18
rmartin65
I'm Score
 
rmartin65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Age: 24
Posts: 7,896
Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roster Cut Diamond In The Rough

Nice thread topic.

This sucks to say, but we there is a solid chance the Texans lose a talented young receiver- Dickerson, Jean, Maehl, Holliday (yep, still holding onto the pick until I see some preseason snaps).

I think Dickerson is a lock for the team. He has freakish athleticism, can contribute on ST due to his experience as both a LB and a TE, and by all accounts is having a good camp.

The real competition is between Maehl and Jean. Maehl gives the Texans a sure handed route-runner with excellent body control, while Jean is a more explosive player. They fill different holes, but only one will make it. I gave the nod to Maehl earlier, but Jean is blowing the socks off of people. I really cant say who will make it, but I hope the other guy lands on the PS.

Holliday is an interesting player to project. He brings the breakaway return ability that the other guys dont. I think if Holliday makes the team, the Texans go with 6 WRs, meaning one of Maehl/Jean make the team.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #19
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,165
Rep Power: 39981 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roster Cut Diamond In The Rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
i think either maehl/jean will be put on PS.
Original question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Who is the one player in danger of being cut that you hope the Texans keep & why?
Let me rephrase this.
Quote:
So out of all the players who don't make the cut, who is the diamond in the rough?
__________________

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #20
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 21,667
Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roster Cut Diamond In The Rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Nice thread topic.

This sucks to say, but we there is a solid chance the Texans lose a talented young receiver- Dickerson, Jean, Maehl, Holliday (yep, still holding onto the pick until I see some preseason snaps).

I think Dickerson is a lock for the team. He has freakish athleticism, can contribute on ST due to his experience as both a LB and a TE, and by all accounts is having a good camp.

The real competition is between Maehl and Jean. Maehl gives the Texans a sure handed route-runner with excellent body control, while Jean is a more explosive player. They fill different holes, but only one will make it. I gave the nod to Maehl earlier, but Jean is blowing the socks off of people. I really cant say who will make it, but I hope the other guy lands on the PS.

Holliday is an interesting player to project. He brings the breakaway return ability that the other guys dont. I think if Holliday makes the team, the Texans go with 6 WRs, meaning one of Maehl/Jean make the team.
Trindon need to exhibit some of the skills we drafted him on our mock.
__________________
Buy my 2012 fully loaded Nissan Maxima Sports Edition for balance owed! Very low mileage.
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger