Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Most likely to happen. . .
Matt Schaub - 4856 passing yards 2 2.33%
Arian - 1703 rushing 2 2.33%
Andre - 12 td's 41 47.67%
James Casey - 713 total yards 1 1.16%
Offense as a whole - 29.8 pts/gm 4 4.65%
Mario Williams - 16.5 sacks 8 9.30%
JJ Watts - 7 sacks 12 13.95%
Gq, J Jo, kjax - 10 ints combined 8 9.30%
Special teams - 5 td's (scored any way) 0 0%
Defense as a whole - top 7 overall 8 9.30%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-14-2011   #41
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 57173 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most likely to happen. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Yep. 29 ppg seems doable. I mean, we'd have to have a great year. But it happens almost every year.

To answer your question:

2002 -- The Chiefs led the league in scoring with 29.2 ppg.
2005 -- The Seahawks led the league with 28.3 ppg.
2008 -- The Saints led the league with 28.9 ppg.
My first thought was the rushing game would have to take a hit till I saw this:

2002 -- Priest Holmes rushed for 1615 that year.
2005 -- Seahawks rushed for 1740 yds
2008 -- Saints ran for 1594

Seeing that, I can see Arian and whomever else tearing it up, Matt airing it out and those points adding up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Good point.

I think that the some of them could go hand in hand. If Matt throws for that many yards I think the offense would be at the thirty point mark
I wasn't as opptimistic until I looked those stats up. I can see it.

Go Texans!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I went with Mario getting 16.5 sacks. I think Mario is going to have the light switch go on with this defense. I think he's going to discover the drive and determination to dominate. If he got double digit sacks in the crappy defense we've played, he'll flourish in this one.

I had my initial worries about him working out as an OLB. But from the reports I've heard from camp, I'm starting to drink this kool-aid.
I can see that happen if the secondary gets 10+ Ints.

Then we'll be a top 7 defense.

Arian Foster will probably top 1700 yards running games out because we averaged 29.5 pts per game... Since Andre had 12+ touchdowns & Matt threw for..... well it's going to be hard to fit that one in there.
Old 08-15-2011   #43
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 9223 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearSuperMario View Post
I second that!!!
Double Ditto....
JJ gets 7. With 2 of them coming in week 1!!!! All the attention that the troubled Indy line will be giving Mario from a scheming stand point.. JJ will be overlooked and sneak a couple in on Manning and "LIGHT" him up!! .
Old 08-15-2011   #44
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted 7 interceptions.

Quin, Nolan, Allen each had 3 INTs with the Texans last season; Jackson had 2. Allen had 3 more with the Dolphins and Joseph had 3 with the Bengals.

Quin and Joseph will clearly be starting, the tricky part is Jackson being part of that group vs. "#2 CB" that might be Allen or Harris more than Jackson.

The way I look at it is our CB1, CB2 and S last year had a combined 8-9 interceptions. I think we'll have a more active and aggressive front 7 coupled with a secondary that has better ball skills. I see our interceptions/turnovers increasing.

However, if we don't get any interceptions this season because JJ sWatt knocks them all down at the line, I'll be happy!
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #45
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6869 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario gets hurt just a little bit and can't play to full potential.
Kubiak gets outcoached.
Kareem Jackson sits on bench.
Cushing doesn't perform like he did his rookie year.
JJ drops a critical pass.
Watts proves to be the 1st winner as a 1st round draft choice of the Smith era.

Last edited by gafftop; 08-16-2011 at 04:46 PM. Reason: added era
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011   #46
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

After seeing a few games I think I would change my vote to top seven defense. I could see that pretty easily.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011   #47
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Kubiak gets outcoached.
You don't think Duane Brown is a winner? He's not a HOF'er by any stretch, but certainly not a bust.
Old 08-28-2011   #48
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6869 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
You don't think Duane Brown is a winner? He's not a HOF'er by any stretch, but certainly not a bust.
Hey Doc, I consider a winner to be playing BETTER than expected. I know a winner for us in the first round is someone who is not a bust. We have low expectaions. Looking forward to the coming season. Just hope the Texans don't start counting their chickens before they are hatched.
Old 08-28-2011   #49
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 224914 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Hey Doc, I consider a winner to be playing BETTER than expected. I know a winner for us in the first round is someone who is not a bust. We have low expectaions.
He was the seventh OT taken in the draft. Maybe the problem is you expected him to be Orlando Pace.
Old 08-28-2011   #50
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
He was the seventh OT taken in the draft. Maybe the problem is you expected him to be Orlando Pace.
Winning fixes everything. If we actually make it to the play-offs this year & have another 2000 yard rushing team, I bet one of our tackles will go to the Pro Bowl. Winston seems to be the favorite, but I think Brown's chances are 50/50
Old 08-28-2011   #51
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Are you sure? I thought he was the 8th taken. Regardless, I won't lump him in with the likes of TJ, AO or DC.
Old 08-28-2011   #52
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5078 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

An wit 12 followed closely bt watt with 7 +

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2011   #53
devo-x
Veteran

Rep Power: 269 devo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to devo-x

I voted for top 7 defense
Adopt-A-Texan 2009: Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels
devo-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011   #54
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

A couple of these looking doable.
Old 09-27-2011   #55
Rey
Hall of Fame

It's looking like James Casey has a leg up on a lot of the other options...

Andre is a possibility...JJo holding up his end of the deal...No way Arian gets 1700...Defense needs some work and some soft opponents, but top 7 or close to it may be achieveable...
Old 09-28-2011   #56
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Kubiak gets outcoached.
1 and 2 happened. Sure hope 3 happens. Or at least the coaches tell KJ to challenge. But maybe they know he will get burned long if he challenges. One way or the other something needs to be done with KJ. Cushing looking better but still not like rookie season. Don't think Jacoby has dropped yet. Watt looks good.
Old 10-07-2011   #57
Rey
Hall of Fame

Just keeping a tally...I believe at least one of these will be done...

Matt--Outside shot Matt gets to 4856
Arian--No way Arian gets 1703 unless he just goes super saiyan
Andre--Same for Andre...Hurt
Casey--possible, So far he's at 174 total yards.
PPG--Right now we are at 26.8...I'd say that's possible
Mario--Possible
Watt--Possible, but he's not on pace to do it.
Jjo, Kjax, Quinn--Man...If Jjo gets that INT return last week he puts them on pace all by himself...I didn't know how much of a possibility this was, but if Jjo keeps it up it's definitely doable.
Special teams--Similar to above...If J.Jo gets that TD last weekend they are ahead of pace. At this point, I'm going to say we do this one. I thin kwe will produce 4 more TD's on special teams whether it is returns, blocks or whatever.
Defense--We're doing it Baby! By seasons end I expect this to be a done deal.
Old 11-01-2011   #58
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just keeping a tally...I believe at least one of these will be done...

Matt--Outside shot Matt gets to 4856
Arian--No way Arian gets 1703 unless he just goes super saiyan
Andre--Same for Andre...Hurt
Casey--possible, So far he's at 174 total yards.
PPG--Right now we are at 26.8...I'd say that's possible
Mario--Possible
Watt--Possible, but he's not on pace to do it.
Jjo, Kjax, Quinn--Man...If Jjo gets that INT return last week he puts them on pace all by himself...I didn't know how much of a possibility this was, but if Jjo keeps it up it's definitely doable.
Special teams--Similar to above...If J.Jo gets that TD last weekend they are ahead of pace. At this point, I'm going to say we do this one. I thin kwe will produce 4 more TD's on special teams whether it is returns, blocks or whatever.
Defense--We're doing it Baby! By seasons end I expect this to be a done deal.
bump

http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?team=HOU

Still fun to keep track... we're getting close on more of these than I expected!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #59
Rey
Hall of Fame

Defense being in the top 7 is looking like the winner...
Old 11-08-2011   #60
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Defense being in the top 7 is looking like the winner...
Before the season started, I thought that option was probably the silliest one on the list. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read