Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Most likely to happen. . .
Matt Schaub - 4856 passing yards 2 2.33%
Arian - 1703 rushing 2 2.33%
Andre - 12 td's 41 47.67%
James Casey - 713 total yards 1 1.16%
Offense as a whole - 29.8 pts/gm 4 4.65%
Mario Williams - 16.5 sacks 8 9.30%
JJ Watts - 7 sacks 12 13.95%
Gq, J Jo, kjax - 10 ints combined 8 9.30%
Special teams - 5 td's (scored any way) 0 0%
Defense as a whole - top 7 overall 8 9.30%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-14-2011   #1
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Arrow Most likely to happen. . .

I like doing these threads before the season starts. I'm excited about the season starting and I always have a positive outlook at this time of year. I think someone on this team will do great things or perform better than what's expected and it's fun to see who folks think that'll be. Plus I like that this can be an overall football talk thread and not specific to one particular aspect. So I'm going to give somewhat lofty goals for a few players/the team as a whole and you can say what you most likely think will happen.

Matt schaub - 4856 passing yards
Arian foster - 1703 rushing yards
Andre Johnson - 12 td's
James Casey - 713 total yards
Offense - 29.8 Pts/gm avg
Mario Williams - 16.5 sacks
JJ watts - 7 sacks
Gq, j Jo, kjax - combine for 10 ints (has to be the three mentioned)
Special teams - 5 td's (scored in any way)
Defense - top 7 overall

Poll coming. I think maximum is 10 but if it's more I will add some.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011   #2
macho grande
Veteran

Section: thin air up here
Rep Power: 347 macho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most likely to happen. . .

Nice thread. I'll bite. AJ with 12tds. He's due.
macho grande is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011   #3
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to go with Arian as strange as it may seem. I think he is that good and even with more carries for the back ups I think he will get more carries if we are protecting leads late in games.
Old 08-14-2011   #4
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61034 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Where is the option for 6-10?
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011   #5
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I went with 29.6 pts/gm. We left a lot of points on the field last year and I expect us to be more efficient in that area this year.
Old 08-14-2011   #6
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I'll take Mario with 16.5 sacks and AJ with 12 touchdowns hopefully he is targeted more this year beyond the 20 because he needs to be.
Old 08-14-2011   #7
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 6636 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

I went with the offensive averaging 29.8 points a game. All of our starters will be healthy plus OD looks like he's back to his old self.
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-14-2011   #8
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to take Schaub. Without Leach, I think we utilize Casey as the "FB." He will allow more short yardage passes. Rather than Foster rushing for 20 carries, I see a lot of West coast dump passes to Foster and Casey eating up what would have been rushes. Also, factor in a healthy OD will help stretch the field.

I don't see Foster rushing for 1700 yards. AJ's tds will be cut by Foster and OD. Casey will be nowhere near 700. I don't see the offense getting that much better. I think Mario will get double digit sacks, but 16.5 is a lot. Don't see it. 3-4 DEs do NOT get sacks, they apply a ton of pressure. 7 sacks is Ngata of last year territory. I don't see it. I don't see the 3 DBs getting 10 ints, I am not sure Jackson plays more than nickel, and asking 10+ ints out of J Jo and Quin is a lot. Has the special teams scored a td in the last 5 years? If so, I don't recall it. Top 15, not top 7.

So Schaub it is.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011   #9
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Hardly any of those seem likely so I went with Andre.
Old 08-14-2011   #10
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
I'm going to take Schaub. Without Leach, I think we utilize Casey as the "FB." He will allow more short yardage passes. Rather than Foster rushing for 20 carries, I see a lot of West coast dump passes to Foster and Casey eating up what would have been rushes. Also, factor in a healthy OD will help stretch the field.

I don't see Foster rushing for 1700 yards. AJ's tds will be cut by Foster and OD. Casey will be nowhere near 700. I don't see the offense getting that much better. I think Mario will get double digit sacks, but 16.5 is a lot. Don't see it. 3-4 DEs do NOT get sacks, they apply a ton of pressure. 7 sacks is Ngata of last year territory. I don't see it. I don't see the 3 DBs getting 10 ints, I am not sure Jackson plays more than nickel, and asking 10+ ints out of J Jo and Quin is a lot. Has the special teams scored a td in the last 5 years? If so, I don't recall it. Top 15, not top 7.

So Schaub it is.
1 KR TD in 2009 and 2 punt return TDs in 2008. and 3 KR TDs in 2007 by Andre Davis
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011   #11
Coach Kevin
Coach Kevin

Rep Power: 75 Coach Kevin is a quality contributor and well respectedCoach Kevin is a quality contributor and well respectedCoach Kevin is a quality contributor and well respectedCoach Kevin is a quality contributor and well respectedCoach Kevin is a quality contributor and well respectedCoach Kevin is a quality contributor and well respectedCoach Kevin is a quality contributor and well respectedCoach Kevin is a quality contributor and well respectedCoach Kevin is a quality contributor and well respectedCoach Kevin is a quality contributor and well respectedCoach Kevin is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to take jj 7 sacks
Old 08-14-2011   #12
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 1808 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Kevin View Post
I'm going to take jj 7 sacks
I second that!!!
IBleedTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011   #13
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post

So Schaub it is.
I totally agree with your logic. Except that if we have leads in the second half/4th qtr and play run-out-the-clock instead of having to air it out because we're playing catch up, I don't see Schaub getting nearly 4700 yds passing. I think a lot of Schaub's yds came from having to play catch up.

The most likely of those accomplishments to be achieved is AJ getting a dozen TDs.

Had you said the starting defensive backfield - no matter who they are - will rack up 10 ints, I'd might have gone with that.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011   #14
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll go with: Gq, J Jo, kjax - 10 ints combined

JoJo and GQ will be out there almost every play, and freeing up GQ at safety ought to allow him to pick off about 5 INTs this year. JoJo should get his usual 3-6 INTs as well, and KJ is bound to fall into an errant throw or two...
Old 08-14-2011   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I voted for the top 7 defense.

I really should have voted for 10 INTs by our secondary.

That is really most likely to happen.
Old 08-14-2011   #16
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Except that he limited it to 3 specific guys, not the whole secondary. Even limiting it to just the four starting DBs would have been fair.

Last edited by ObsiWan; 08-14-2011 at 08:57 PM.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011   #17
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Not the secondary. Just those three players.

I went with foster. I think he's going go have a better year than last year. I think he'll be faster and I think that his vision and cuts will be just as devastating. I expect that we will be playing tighter games and/or ahead in second halves.

Next I'd have gone Andre.

*on a completely unrelated not Im watching king of the bill and they are talking about texans vs cowboys and are about to go to a texans training camp.
Old 08-14-2011   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I went with Mario getting 16.5 sacks. I think Mario is going to have the light switch go on with this defense. I think he's going to discover the drive and determination to dominate. If he got double digit sacks in the crappy defense we've played, he'll flourish in this one.

I had my initial worries about him working out as an OLB. But from the reports I've heard from camp, I'm starting to drink this kool-aid.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011   #19
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I went with Mario getting 16.5 sacks. I think Mario is going to have the light switch go on with this defense. I think he's going to discover the drive and determination to dominate. If he got double digit sacks in the crappy defense we've played, he'll flourish in this one.

I had my initial worries about him working out as an OLB. But from the reports I've heard from camp, I'm starting to drink this kool-aid.
Don't forget it's a contract year for MW. He very well might go all crazy this season with that added incentive.
Old 08-14-2011   #20
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

There should be a second version of this poll - which of these would you most like to see happen. Same ten options.

If that were the case, it would be a tough call for me between your selection, and the top 7 defense.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read