Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-14-2011   #1
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pat Kirwan on the Texans

Anyone regularly following the podcasts on HT.com knows Pat Kirwan was at camp the past couple of days. Here is his article from NFL.com on what he saw. Reading his take on Mario is very encouraging and I cannot wait to see him in some live game action.

http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/stor...-to-linebacker
Old 08-14-2011   #2
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pat Kirwan on the Texans

Can't wait to see Mario bust up Dirty Sanchez on Monday.

Old 08-14-2011   #3
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Yeah, I was going to be on air with them for a minute, but the way the schedule played out, it didn't happen.
Old 08-14-2011   #4
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90177 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Remember this comment:

http://sportsbybrooks.com/carson-pal...e-in-nfl-25962

Quote:
“Guys are getting so big, so fast, so explosive,” Palmer said. “The game’s so violent. Now that they’re cutting out the wedge deal on kickoff returns, those guys [are] coming free, and at some point somebody is going to die in football. And I hope it’s not anyone at this table, and I hope it doesn’t happen, obviously. Everyone talks about the good old days, when guys were tough and quarterbacks got crushed all the time, but back in the day, there weren’t defensive ends that were like Mario Williams; 6-7, 300 pounds, 10 percent body fat, running a 4.7 40.

“The game has changed, the game is getting bigger, faster, stronger, and there needs to be more protection. If I weren’t a quarterback, I would be mad about the rules. If I were a safety or a defensive back, I would be mad about the new rule that you can’t hit your helmet above their shoulder pads or whatever it is because it does take some of the ferociousness out of the game, but somebody is going to get seriously hurt, possibly die.
Combined with this from Kirwan:

Quote:
"Now he gets a running start at you, explodes into you and then makes his move," offensive tackle Eric Winston said of Williams. "He's harder to block now than ever before."

Defensive end Antonio Smith added, "Mario now realizes that he can bull rush anybody, and he's playing like a guy that can dominate every play."
I dont know if I should be excited or concerned.
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011   #5
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Remember this comment:

http://sportsbybrooks.com/carson-pal...e-in-nfl-25962

Combined with this from Kirwan:

I dont know if I should be excited or concerned.
I'm not sure whats concerning unless you think Mario Williams is going to actually kill somebody on the field.
Old 08-14-2011   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84758 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I'm not sure whats concerning unless you think Mario Williams is going to actually kill somebody on the field.
Mario's new nickname... "The widowmaker"

I like it.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011   #7
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario is physically frightening already and I can't even think of what is going through QB's minds at the thought of him getting a running start and rushing the QB. If he has the type of season we expect he is going to be very rich man this off season.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-14-2011   #8
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90177 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
When I read the article that Carson Palmer quote just jumped into my mind after what Smith was quoted as saying. Maybe its the REAL reason he "retired"........cue Xfiles theme
Old 08-14-2011   #9
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
When I read the article that Carson Palmer quote just jumped into my mind after what Smith was quoted as saying. Maybe its the REAL reason he "retired"........cue Xfiles theme
Mike Brown is a more menacing football persona than Mario Williams.
Old 08-14-2011   #10
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3508 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

On the bright side, if Mario Williams does kill somebody, then at least we can put that "soft team" label to rest.

-Credit to False Start for this signature-
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011   #11
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Mike Brown is a more menacing football persona than Mario Williams.
Old 08-14-2011   #12
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Old 08-14-2011   #13
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 1809 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post

I like it.
i like that "The widowmaker"
IBleedTexans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011   #14
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69008 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post

I like it.
Me too!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011   #15
ToroTimes
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ToroTimes was voted MVPToroTimes was voted MVPToroTimes was voted MVPToroTimes was voted MVPToroTimes was voted MVP

Just an FYI for anyon ewho's not familiar with Pat Kirwan. He is a former New York Jets Director of Player Administration and current CNNSI contributor. Now Kirwan writes as a senior analyst for NFL.com along with hosting the Sirius XM NFL Radio show known as Movin' the Chains.

Usually a very solid source of information and definitely knows his stuff.

http://torotimes.com/
ToroTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011   #16
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, hey now! We'll have no more of that Widow Maker talk. No one gets hurt or even hit hard in my new, modern-day, safety-first, wuzzified NFL. Don't make me fine this message board.

signed, Roger Goodell
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011   #17
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToroTimes View Post
Just an FYI for anyon ewho's not familiar with Pat Kirwan. He is a former New York Jets Director of Player Administration and current CNNSI contributor. Now Kirwan writes as a senior analyst for NFL.com along with hosting the Sirius XM NFL Radio show known as Movin' the Chains.

Usually a very solid source of information and definitely knows his stuff.
And he was one of the first guys saying it was a bad idea to put Mario at OLB when the news first broke. For him to change his story means there is something there.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read