Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

James Casey

Probably belongs in another thread but I am thinking Tate is PS material at this point, can't control injuries, but he's missed too much time going back to last year.

You realize we would have to waive Tate and give the other 31 teams a shot at getting him before we can PS him right? You do know some other team will gladly take him for nothing right?

This not a good plan.

You realize we would have to waive Tate and give the other 31 teams a shot at getting him before we can PS him right? You do know some other team will gladly take him for nothing right?This not a good plan.

Thank you b0ng.

You realize we would have to waive Tate and give the other 31 teams a shot at getting him before we can PS him right? You do know some other team will gladly take him for nothing right?

This not a good plan.

So let them pay his 2nd round salary to sit in the rehab tub.

I don't even want to come to texanstalk because every time I do I find out about someone else's injury:wadepalm::wadepalm::wadepalm:

So let them pay his 2nd round salary to sit in the rehab tub.

Honestly, if he's not ready to go that's what I'd do.

Thing is, Tate has a lot of upside. If he is healthy and contributing he can be one he'll of an asset.

Yeah man, that $405k is truly putting us in salary cap hell.

I'd rather see that $405K check have Foster's name on it. He's earned it.

but I've agreed not to harp on this any more. Could be that this is just a bump in the road and he heals up in the next couple of weeks and becomes part of our 2000+ yd rushing attack. At least I'm hoping that's how it unfolds.

I'd rather see that $405K check have Foster's name on it. He's earned it.

but I've agreed not to harp on this any more. Could be that this is just a bump in the road and he heals up in the next couple of weeks and becomes part of our 2000+ yd rushing attack. At least I'm hoping that's how it unfolds.

I bet Arian doesn't. His check says $525,000 IIRC.

Casey looked very good today, getting reps at FB & TE. He's a very tough cover for LBs and his versatility (lining up in the backfield, on the line, in the slot) is crazy. I think Casey will become a big story this season.

Casey looked very good today, getting reps at FB & TE. He's a very tough cover for LBs and his versatility (lining up in the backfield, on the line, in the slot) is crazy. I think Casey will become a big story this season.

Thanks. Couple of things, have you seen him in pass protection, a goal line situation, and has he carried the ball yet? I realize he may get no carries all year, but at some point a cute play will be ordered up.

Texans version of the Wildcat? If we can utilize him effectively, oppossing D's would have a hell of a time gameplanning. 2 backs out of the backfield that can catch and run? With AJ and OD on the field? Pick your poison. 200 yds rushing or 300+ passing.

Could you tell anything about his pass protection?

Great post. That's what I'm talking about. He has to be able to block well too, but the other dimension he brings could really bedevil other teams. If used correctly, Casey could really help the Houston offense to become almost unstoppable.

That is a big reason I was not sad to see Leach go.

Casey has the ability to make this offense much more dynamic. And at the same time I think vickers will serve a purpose as well.

Thanks. Couple of things, have you seen him in pass protection, a goal line situation, and has he carried the ball yet? I realize he may get no carries all year, but at some point a cute play will be ordered up.

I read that and CRINGED...when I hear "cute play", I see goal-line halfback passes. :kubepalm:

Casey has been releasing much of the time on pass plays, but that would change in a blitz situation. There wasn't a lot of contact today, but I saw Casey block a lot in last weekend's practices. He's more technical than punishing. But, he gets into the hole and finds his man. No carries, yet. But it should be a possibility. Kubiak and Dennison hate the Wildcat, so I don't see Casey getting that. But, he could if allowed.

I read that and CRINGED...when I hear "cute play", I see goal-line halfback passes. :kubepalm:

He did carry the ball at Rice, and threw it. Given his baseball background I am more comfortable with him executing cute than Chris Brown.

Casey has been releasing much of the time on pass plays, but that would change in a blitz situation. There wasn't a lot of contact today, but I saw Casey block a lot in last weekend's practices. He's more technical than punishing. But, he gets into the hole and finds his man. No carries, yet. But it should be a possibility. Kubiak and Dennison hate the Wildcat, so I don't see Casey getting that. But, he could if allowed.

Thanks.

I didn't mean wildcat with a QB running the option. I was thinking of all the different ways they could keep D's off balance using regular sets but being creative with how they use Casey. It could be an absolute nightmare to try and stop.

I have the feeling that if Casey is not given the rock to run and throw occasionally, even with all of his versatile potential, he may end up being mostly a safety dump........and just another guy........especially if he cannot grade the road for the RB. And then, it becomes a telegraph for types of play when Vickers is in vs. when he is in. Just a concern.

I have the feeling that if Casey is not given the rock to run and throw occasionally, even with all of his versatile potential, he may end up being mostly a safety dump........and just another guy........especially if he cannot grade the road for the RB. And then, it becomes a telegraph for types of play when Vickers is in vs. when he is in. Just a concern.

Casey has to be able to block effectively as a lead blocking fullback. If he cannot, then Vickers should start. That does not necessarily mean that Casey has to block as well as Vickers, but he does need to be consistently effective if he is going to be the starter at that position.

I think Casey will be used in a similar manner as Marcel Reese is in Oak. For those that aren't familiar, MR was a WR in college and the Raiders have converted him to a FB. He has been very effective in the passing game. Additionally, given the recent success of DMac and Bush I think he's effective in the running game as well. I know fans love to see LBs getting blown up, but all Casey has to do is find the right guy and occupy him until the RB passes him.

So, what did you think?

I was impressed. At least he did better than I thought he would.

So, what did you think?

I was impressed. At least he did better than I thought he would.

I expect more out of Casey as the season goes on. Actually I expect more out of him and Vickers.

Not that they played bad, but I think that both of those guys can be impact players from that position.

Back