Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-12-2011   #1
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 290661 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Honestly, what do you expect to see.....

.....this coming Monday night?

I think our running game will be OK without Foster and Tate, I don't think we'll get stuffed by any means. I think our offense will be rusty, but still perform well.

I have NO IDEA whatsoever of what to expect from our defense. And frankly, if the defense stinks up the place after putting in a new system and practicing it for only a week or so, I'm not going to be upset. If they still stink come the 3rd or 4th preseason game, I'm going to start to worry though.

So honestly, what do you expect from the Texans this coming Monday?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #2
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90074 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Honestly, what do you expect to see.....

I want to see consistent pressure on the opposing team's QB.

Nothing really else matters to me at this point. If I see that, then I'm optimistic. If I don't....

(I don't want to hear that ****ing Joel Myers say "too much time, too much time, too much time")
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
.....this coming Monday night?

I think our running game will be OK without Foster and Tate, I don't think we'll get stuffed by any means. I think our offense will be rusty, but still perform well.

I have NO IDEA whatsoever of what to expect from our defense. And frankly, if the defense stinks up the place after putting in a new system and practicing it for only a week or so, I'm not going to be upset. If they still stink come the 3rd or 4th preseason game, I'm going to start to worry though.

A new formation for the defensive players and not much else. I guess we should be able to stop their run game but you can't tell with all of the changes that have been made.

I think if our defense struggles with what the Jets put out there though, might be a bad sign. The Jets lost Braylon Edwards and Jericho Cotchery. Brad Smith as well, and more than likely they are going to be resting at least Nick Mangold from the O-line if not other players as well. You want the defense to be dominant on both sides of the line but I don't think you can expect that to happen in the first preseason game.

Do any of you guys think that we are going to see exotic stuff in the preseason? I don't know if Phillips does that or not.
Old 08-12-2011   #4
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90074 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Do any of you guys think that we are going to see exotic stuff in the preseason?
I don't think that's what preseason is for.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Based on our game vs. Wade last season, I would fully expect him to be very...dare I say....vanilla on defense.

I expect our starting O to go down and score. I expect to see some quality play out of these UDFA WR on the team.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #6
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

As for the D
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83953

Ill wait till week 1
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #7
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

No injuries first and foremost.

Expecting to see the offense perform at about 70% with the timing of everything slightly off, but Schaub, Leinart, and Yates to an extent shouldn't have too much of an issue with running the O. Paying close attention to WR, RB, FB see who makes a move in those battles.

On defense I really have no idea what to expect, just hope we make positive plays and don't get burned for 50+ yard pass plays would be good.

Just ready to be at home in Section 516.
Old 08-12-2011   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Mitchell, barwin, reed, watt and the entire secondary will have good games on defense.

On offense I think Leinart and that second group of receivers will have a good game. I also think that the running game will be good. I expect vickers and Casey to have a good showing as well.

I'm hoping for no injuries period.

And I may be a freak but I expect and want a W.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #9
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69341 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't expect anything. It's preseason. Wade's not gonna show his cards, Kubiak's not gonna show his cards either.

Just hope that the lower string players go balls-out and that no one gets hurt.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290332 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going in with no expectations. I will see what I see and try to make some sort of sense about it.

If we play well -- like our D did LAST preseason in the first game -- I will not be too jazzed. If we play poorly, I will not be too bummed.

I just want to see it with my own two eyes.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #11
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

No injuries of course. That's the most important thing. Excited to see what the defense looks like. I know we won't see too much, but I'm looking forward to watching JJ Watt, Mario Williams, and some of the younger guys play.
Old 08-12-2011   #12
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Just some potential out of the defense. I'm guessing there will be plenty of mistakes since it's a brand new system but if we can see where Phillips wants it to go then I'll be happy.

As for the offense, just hoping to see the old OD out there for a few plays. Hopefully Leinart plays well so we can put some faith in him as our backup. I never felt confident about Orlovsky. Too inconsistent.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #13
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected

NO INJURIES!!!!

Other than that, some sense that the defense is on the right track and that Leinart doesn't look as awful as Orvlosky did.
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #14
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I expect them to play very safe, simple plays with the core players for about 9 minutes. A few guys like JJ Watt, Quin and JJones probably play a half, to see if they've taken a step/deserve their spots. Lot of passing to the second string guys. High scoring game.

But as far as cards go, I wouldn't mind seeing the whole deck landing on the Jets. Send the house at Sanchez on the first play, I bet it would surprise the hell outta everyone. Piss off Rexy and let's see what comes out of his stupid mouth on Tuesday!

Wade's been a DC for how long? The "league" doesn't know his book by now?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 355985 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Honestly, what do you expect to see.....
A rabid defense going for the QB and hungry for the ball. Maybe it's what I hope to see...

As far as what I expect to see? hmmmm....hot cheerleaders?

I never really expect much from pre-season. Just glad to see them in action at this point.
Old 08-12-2011   #16
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I don't think that's what preseason is for.
Exactly.
Old 08-12-2011   #17
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Im looking for a lot of things:

- how does MW look at OLB?
- how do Barwin and Ryan look after their injury?
- is Mitchell ready to be the starter?
- how do the Rookies do?
- how does our secondary look?
- will we be able to pressure the QB?

I won`t get answers to all these questions, but those are the things Im gonna look for. Im not too interested in the offense - it will be fine this season if we don`t have too many injuries. Receiver battle might get interesting, but right now Im only interested in Defense. And since we won`t see any creative blitzes or coverages, Ill just look at their personal matchups...
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #18
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 245168 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I expect to see our offense to play a couple of series unless they stink it up. Expect them to play more if they do.

I expect to see our first team defense play more (3-4 series maybe) just for learning's sake.

With no OTA classroom and conditioning time and all the nicks we have, I have no idea what else to expect.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #19
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

I expect overtime, with the opponent winning the game via pick 6.

Honestly, what I want is to see my team out there and no injuries.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #20
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I expect mistakes on defense. Also pressure on their QB.

Offense, I expect to be impressed by at least one of the 3-? WRs.

Mostly looking for a teaching session, watching Wade on the sidelines.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read