Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-12-2011   #1
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE
Default NFL Films: Lone Star Pride (2010 Recap)

I don't think this was posted earlier because it was just released on the website just now. Enjoy.

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...6-18f890a3b255
Old 08-12-2011   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Films: Lone Star Pride (2010 Recap)

I've done everything I can to get rid of the 2010 season. It was the most disappointing season ever.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

If I see that punt batted into that guys hands one more time I'm going to go nuke something. I'm trying to forget last season as well.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #4
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I've done everything I can to get rid of the 2010 season. It was the most disappointing season ever.
I've watched the first 10 or so minutes. So far they've only shown 3 games. All wins. Colts, Redskins and Raiders. I'm going to skip any part of the season I don't want to see but I'm pretty wary of the next half of the video.
Old 08-12-2011   #5
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81710 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

That's what makes me hesitant about breaking down all the games!
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually I wouldn't mind watching highlights of that Colts win.

I think I'll wait till later when I have some beer first though. Maybe I'll get drunk, watch the Colts game highlights 16 times and pretend we went 16-0 last season.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

What I liked about that Colts game was how Manning looked like crap because he didn't know how to figure out what Barwin was doing. We looked like a real defense and then.....it happened.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-12-2011   #8
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 7822 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

15:50 mark (Ravens game) when JJ makes the 2 pt conversion..Andre leaps ontop of him and just crushes him.

Rare to see AJ go crazy. Damn, i want that man to become a winner here.
Old 08-12-2011   #9
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56944 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Naw man, 2005 was IMO. If I remember right, we were 7-9 the season before and EVERYONE thought that surely we were on the right path and that 05 would = playoffs.

But we all know what happened............

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #10
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 5916 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

They never go negative on these. similar to NFL yearbook for the Colts, they only showed one of Mannings TD passes in the Texans game.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #11
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Anything done by NFL Films (at least for now) is good and this is no different.

Goddamn our offense had a 4000 yard passer, an 80+ rec 1200 yard receiver and a 2000 yard (from scrimmage) rb.

6-10.
Old 08-13-2011   #12
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189751 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
I've watched the first 10 or so minutes. So far they've only shown 3 games. All wins. Colts, Redskins and Raiders. I'm going to skip any part of the season I don't want to see but I'm pretty wary of the next half of the video.
The film totally skipped those four loses in a row. The only loss they showed was the overtime loss to the Ravens. And even then, they highlighted our comeback to tie the game.

go ahead and watch the whole thing, it's safe.

Warning (for some): there are momentary Kubiak and Rick Smith sightings
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011   #13
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189751 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What I liked about that Colts game was how Manning looked like crap because he didn't know how to figure out what Barwin was doing. We looked like a real defense and then.....it happened.
Speaking of looking like a real defense, how about when the defense shut down the Ravens' offense - held them to four 1st downs - in the second half of that game. Where was that defensive attitude the rest of the season?
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011   #14
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay that's the 2nd NFL film that I've been on yelling "let's go defense"(I was on soundfx, best of 2010 too, and yes, I'm a camera hog).

I've alway wanted to be included in the Texans yearbook and I want to feel proud about it, but I'm on film hollering for one of the worst defenses for 2010. PLUS, I'm wearing a freaking Pollard jersey...

Pleas turn this around Texans! I want to self promote so bad lol!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011   #15
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Okay that's the 2nd NFL film that I've been on yelling "let's go defense"(I was on soundfx, best of 2010 too, and yes, I'm a hog).

I've alway wanted to be included in the Texans yearbook and I want to feel proud about it, but I'm on film hollering for one of the worst defenses for 2010. PLUS, I'm wearing a freaking Pollard jersey...

Pleas turn this around Texans! I want to self promote so bad lol!
still good to TRY to encourage our terrible defense. Atleast u werent wearing a bag over ur head. i remember a few years back i saw it about to come to that with some fans.
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011   #16
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
still good to TRY to encourage our terrible defense. Atleast u werent wearing a bag over ur head. i remember a few years back i saw it about to come to that with some fans.
I'm a little aggressive after several beers and our heartbreaking losses, and trust me I've ripped some of those bags off of peoples head. I can't stand fans that want to get their picture taken while sponsoring negativity. I call those people all of the time.
Old 08-14-2011   #17
Shaft75
Site Contributor

And the cool thing about when I was on Best of 2010 SoundFX was before the camera flashed to me, Ray Lewis was giving his speech to his defense, and then I was up there yelling, and it end segment. It was a great surprise to see that, gave me the chills!
Old 08-14-2011   #18
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, our offense was/is bad azz......save for slow starts
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011   #19
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Anything done by NFL Films (at least for now) is good and this is no different.

Goddamn our offense had a 4000 yard passer, an 80+ rec 1200 yard receiver and a 2000 yard (from scrimmage) rb.

6-10.

Would have been a 100+ rec 1500 yd receiver if he was healthy. Would have been the first ever to get 1500 yards 3 years in a row. AJ is still in amazing company having just done it twice with Rice being the other one to do it.

But yes, 6-10.
Old 08-14-2011   #20
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

When I realized that the link was a recap on 2010, I immediately closed the window and crawled into a corner and rocked myself until I stopped shaking.

Who the hell would wanna re-live that? It'll drive you to drink, heavily.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read