Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-12-2011   #21
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Andre Johnson talented, but often overlooked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Maybe it's about fan perception?
People em masse are pretty stupid, but sports writers (even as dumb as they can be) tend to all agree on how good Johnson is, and they are the ones who will ultimately decide if he is hall of fame worthy or not.

I just find it hard to call Johnson overlooked in 2011, when pretty much any casual NFL fan basically identifies the whole team as "That one Andre Johnson plays for."
Old 08-12-2011   #22
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

good article, but he's been respected for the last 2-3 years now. and i don't think anyone has compare andre to ocho, personality wise.
Old 08-12-2011   #23
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
People em masse are pretty stupid, but sports writers (even as dumb as they can be) tend to all agree on how good Johnson is, and they are the ones who will ultimately decide if he is hall of fame worthy or not.

I just find it hard to call Johnson overlooked in 2011, when pretty much any casual NFL fan basically identifies the whole team as "That one Andre Johnson plays for."
The way he works and his similar build to TO , I'd say he has about five more years at a high level . Hopefully the team catches up with him .
Old 08-12-2011   #24
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Sure, good point. I was thinking football but you're absolulely correct about the Dream. I'd think Nolan would be in the mix to represent so Astos action.
I was thinking the same thing. It dawned on me, I'm sure I already knew this but forgot, that 34 must be a magical number in Houston:

Earl Campbell-Houston Oilers-#34
Nolan Ryan-Houston Astros-#34
Hakeem the Dream-Houston Rockets-#34

Too bad AJ can't wear it!!!
Old 08-12-2011   #25
Crushing56
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Crushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respected

I really hope the fact that we never made the playoffs (that is IF Andre never reaches the playoffs) could stop Andre from going into the Hall of Fame. Just look at his numbers and his clutch play. He's done his part.
Crushing56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #26
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly believe that if it came down to gametime....and there were no LBs left to trot out on the field, they could look to AJ and he would go in and play LB. And probably end the game with 3 sacks, a pick, 14 tackles and a Defensive player of the week award.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #27
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushing56 View Post
I really hope the fact that we never made the playoffs (that is IF Andre never reaches the playoffs) could stop Andre from going into the Hall of Fame. Just look at his numbers and his clutch play. He's done his part.
I think Andre solidified a spot in the HOF when he tied Rice for consecutive 1,500+ yard seasons.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-12-2011   #28
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Great article. Only thing keeping AJ from a guaranteed spot in Canton is some postseason appearances and hopefully a ring or two.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read