Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-11-2011   #21
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Fan Mentality After Week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
There are people calling for Kubiak's job right now. If we go 1-3 or 0-4 through those first 4 games, and I'll stop coming to the board because the reaction will be just insane asking for his head.
Don't worry TPN, you know I'll still be here spreading sunshine & serving koolaide.
Old 08-11-2011   #22
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I expect to win the Miami game and at least one of the other three. I'd hope it's Indy and Miami. If we go 2-2 to start with, I'll be pleased. The back end of our schedule looks very manageable at this point. After the first 4 games, we've got the Raiders, Titans twice, Jaguars twice, Browns, Bengals and Panthers that are very winnable games.
We could go 2-4 through the first 6 games & still have a real possibility of ending 12-4

Won't happen, I know it. Just illustrating that the back-end of the schedule is the easiest I've seen in a long time.
Old 08-11-2011   #23
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Don't worry TPN, you know I'll still be here spreading sunshine & serving koolaide.
Now you're making me feel guilty.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #24
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
I like how every year we bask in the glory of last years offense...we assume they will start out of the gates the same way they finished the season.

REAL TALK PEOPLE (I hate Josh Ennis)

Not only is the defense learning a new system...our offense is a precision timing offense...a timing offense that has had less practice then any other year. Both sides of the ball are going to start off slow.

Fan mentality that early in the season depends on the last game we played

If we won we're going to the superbowl.

If we lost people on this board will argue to draft Andrew Luck.
As to the bolded, I'm not saying you're wrong, but I think it's pretty much a level playing field. EVERY team has had less practice than in other years.
We'll face defenses that have had the same practice that our offense has had.
The O is the very last thing I'm concerned with on this team.
The offense is virtually intact from last year, and returning most of the key players from the year before that. The skill players are obviously important, but I'm most encouraged by the continuity of the offensive line. They set a new high mark for performance last season, and return as an improved unit, IMO.
michaelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #25
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 346173 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Now you're making me feel guilty.
Back to reality, my friend. Five years, 37-43, one winning season, 5-7 four years running...

I'm as optimistic as I've been in years, and there is nothing wrong with any degree of optimism at the start of a new season.

But, that doesn't mean that we must ignore the fact that Kubiak has the monkey on his back and it's his burden to prove it to this fanbase that he's more than McNair's "little favorite coach that might one day...maybe...".
Old 08-11-2011   #26
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Back to reality, my friend. Five years, 37-43, one winning season, 5-7 four years running...

I'm as optimistic as I've been in years, and there is nothing wrong with any degree of optimism at the start of a new season.

But, that doesn't mean that we must ignore the fact that Kubiak has the monkey on his back and it's his burden to prove it to this fanbase that he's more than McNair's "little favorite coach that might one day...maybe...".
No, I felt guilty because when the team starts losing, I stop looking at the MB. I don't like the negativity and don't want to hear it; EVEN if I agree with it, I don't want to hear it. So I shut all this stuff off and just watch the games with my wife.

So I leave the other sunshine guys, like TKyss, here all alone without me giving them any support. That's what I feel guilty about.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #27
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
As to the bolded, I'm not saying you're wrong, but I think it's pretty much a level playing field. EVERY team has had less practice than in other years.
We'll face defenses that have had the same practice that our offense has had.
Not only that, but by time the real games count they will have had about two months of practice and 3 glorified scrimmages.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-11-2011   #28
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 346173 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No, I felt guilty because when the team starts losing, I stop looking at the MB. I don't like the negativity and don't want to hear it; EVEN if I agree with it, I don't want to hear it. So I shut all this stuff off and just watch the games with my wife.

So I leave the other sunshine guys, like TKyss, here all alone without me giving them any support. That's what I feel guilty about.
ahhh, I gotcha'. Makes sense. Unfortunately, it's been the trend.

But, and I truly feel this, I think this year is different. I think this year is when the law of averages finally works in our favor and the football gods grant us the favorable bouncing balls and referee calls, for we have paid our penance and seek playoff redemption!

can I get an amen?!
Old 08-11-2011   #29
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ahhh, I gotcha'. Makes sense. Unfortunately, it's been the trend.

But, and I truly feel this, I think this year is different. I think this year is when the law of averages finally works in our favor and the football gods grant us the favorable bouncing balls and referee calls, for we have paid our penance and seek playoff redemption!

can I get an amen?!
We all want this year to be different. We all want the same thing. Some of us feel a bit snake bit, but it doesn't mean we don't want the Texans to kick ass.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #30
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Gaga is downer.
Old 08-11-2011   #31
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady.Gaga.3000 View Post
I'm a very positive and optimistic person in life so I don't want to sound like a Debby-Downer here, but the Texans have a fair possibility of being 1-3 after the first four .

Vs. Ind
@ MIA
@ NO
Vs. PIT

We all love the Texans, right? If the Texans do end up 1-3 are we going to be calling for Kubiak's job (typical fan response). Would 2-2 be considered a success for you?

To me, 4-0 would be the best thing ever, but I would be extremely happy with 2-2 considering the rest of the schedule is a bit easier. I understand our defense did not have ample time to learn the new schemes, but I would be very disappointed if the Texans cannot prove they can hang with the big boys in the NFL.
4-0 then 8-0 then 16-0 the super-bowl
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #32
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
4-0 then 8-0 then 16-0 the super-bowl
I'll have what he's having
Old 08-11-2011   #33
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
I'll have what he's having
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #34
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102920 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I guess I should phrase that differnetly.Teams that rely on being more physical and "outmuscling" oponents appear to have an advantage becuse they rely less on scheme and more on talent. granted, we all have the same practice circumstances.
Old 08-12-2011   #35
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I am absolutely sure that nobody on this board will wait until the first four regular season games are played to panic.

I think Tuesday will be the first day of panic.
Old 08-12-2011   #36
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
We all want this year to be different. We all want the same thing. Some of us feel a bit snake bit, but it doesn't mean we don't want the Texans to kick ass.
I hear ya', man. I fight my own inner cynic and have decided to go "all in" with it this season.

I think I'm just going to ignore past trends and Kubiak's history, and just be glad football is happening and our team appears to be locked and loaded.

I have no doubt that even the most pessimistic fan wants the Texans to kick ass. I feel confident that even the most hardcore Kubiak haters want to be proven wrong.

Crow never tasted better than when it's a dish served at a playoff tailgate party!!

Last edited by Double Barrel; 08-12-2011 at 11:11 AM. Reason: spelling correction
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #37
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hear ya', man. I fight my own inner cynic and have decided to go "all in" with it this season.

I think I'm just going to ignore past trends and Kubiak's history, and just be glad football is happening and our team appears to be locked and loaded.

I have no doubt that even the post pessimistic fan wants the Texans to kick ass. I feel confident that even the most hardcore Kubiak haters want to be proven wrong.

Crow never tasted better than when it's a dish served at a playoff tailgate party!!
Man, I would love to be able to say I am serving that this season !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #38
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I feel confident that even the most hardcore Kubiak haters want to be proven wrong.
If it happens, I'll take that shoe leather with a side of crow any day.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #39
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
If it happens, I'll take that shoe leather with a side of crow any day.
You and me both, man!!

hobie, save a serving for me at your playoff tailgate! Fried, grilled, raw, I don't care.
Old 08-12-2011   #40
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You and me both, man!!

hobie, save a serving for me at your playoff tailgate! Fried, grilled, raw, I don't care.
Hell, I'll even serve it to you !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read