Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-11-2011   #21
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 628 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lienart to start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I wish Lienart well, and he needs the practice, so I'm good with this. But I'm not gonna quit calling him Hot Tub Boy no matter how good/bad he is.
I always figured it was a decent signing because even if he never developed as a backup QB, he could at least boost team morale with killer hot tub parties.
dinkatoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #22
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Yo Matt, on the other team is a dude that's talking like he was the better USC QB and that it's evident based on what he's done in his short career in the pros!!!

I got your back Matt! Let's go shoot down some jets.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #23
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Good.

Schaub knows the offense.

The offense knows Schaub.

No point in playing him until the games start counting.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #24
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Lienart has been getting good reviews for his play in camp so far. It will be interesting to see if he can continue to play well with bodies flying at him for real.
If he does well, another thing that will interest me is how will the Lienart bashers respond?
I don't have strong feelings about the guy one way or the other, but there's no doubt that he is a polarizing figure who is pretty much hated by many people on TT.
I have a feeling he is going to do really well, and hopefully put some of his past reputation behind him.
Isn't it time that the fan base get behind him? After all, he is a Texan.

FWIW, I'm a Longhorn fan, and basically loathe USC, so I'm naturally inclined to dislike Matt Lienart.
I think the bold can be said about a lot of people around here , myself included.
There is no doubt that Lienart has the tools and talent to be a starter in the NFL , its a matter of him doing the work required to be that guy. He hasnt done it in the past ..... He has to show me in the future.

Its been said that up until the past couple days Lienart has looked real good in camp ....

I wonder how the team responds to having him under center and how things change with him being a lefty.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #25
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

So is that pic with Matt surrounding himself with hot woman (ok one is not) in a hot tub supposed to be a knock on him?

If so I don't get that. It's not like he is doing this ..

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #26
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm for this. I think if there's anyone who can help right a QB career gone wrong it's Gary Kubiak. I loath him as a head coach and complain loudly about his performance in that role but I can't knock him as a QB coach. If you've got anything to work with in terms of abillity and brains and you want to get better Gary can help you with that. Orlovsky and Carr I think couldn't be helped. I believe Gary wanted to keep Grossman and continue to work with him because he thought he could help him. The same thing is true I believe with Leinart. If he'll just be patient and sit behind Schaub for a couple of years I think he'll come out of here a lot better at his job and ready to start for someone.
Old 08-11-2011   #27
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 628 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'm for this. I think if there's anyone who can help right a QB career gone wrong it's Gary Kubiak. I loath him as a head coach and complain loudly about his performance in that role but I can't knock him as a QB coach. If you've got anything to work with in terms of abillity and brains and you want to get better Gary can help you with that. Orlovsky and Carr I think couldn't be helped. I believe Gary wanted to keep Grossman and continue to work with him because he thought he could help him. The same thing is true I believe with Leinart. If he'll just be patient and sit behind Schaub for a couple of years I think he'll come out of here a lot better at his job and ready to start for someone.
I am for the most part a UT fan, but I am not the bleed orange type. I much prefer the pros to the college game, and while I will watch and root for UT, I do not have an eternal hatred for USC players (except for Sanchez, but that has nothing to do with USC), and I did not want the Texans to draft Vince Young. I always thought Leinart's skills were better suited for the NFL than Young's were.

Best case for me, is that we turn Leinart around and make him look solid, then pull a Philly and trade him to some QB needy team for a first rounder, or a player we could use.
Old 08-11-2011   #28
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21813 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Gawd I was thinking the same thing.

In fact, I have two daughters--ages 11 and 7--and I look at that photo and I think, "Just a few years ago, those 'ladies' were just little girls playing with Barbies and making a lemonade stand."

Ugggh.

THAT is why I cringed when the sonogram showed our first child would be a daughter. Lord help me.
lol. A co-worker has two daughters - 8 and 10, I think - and they a cute little girls. Unfortunately, they're blonde, have freckles and obviously going to be very tall. I told my co-worker "Your daughters are beautiful, but, dude, I feel sorry for you at the same time."

He let out a deep sigh and said, "Yeah, I hear you."

lol.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #29
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 59111 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope some of the starters at least play a little bit...I took Monday off of my 2nd job to watch the game.....that's how bad I miss football!

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #30
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
u know these young ladies parents are proud of them
This is not aimed at you in particular, srrono. Just expanding from your post.

I always thought the entire issue about this picture was beyond blown out of proportion.
So freakin what? A picture of fully clothed twenty somethings in a hot tub. Like that's not a normal occurrence or something.
I think the entire contiversy is predicated on people wanting to hate Matt Lienart, and going way too far out on a limb to find something to bash him about.
Whoopty freakin do...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #31
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to go ahead and call bull-butter on this. Kubiak usually never says anything until the last minute when it comes to these games. Not sure why he'd be different now
Old 08-11-2011   #32
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 19458 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

I may have missed it- what's wrong with Schaub?
MightyTExan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #33
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
This is not aimed at you in particular, srrono. Just expanding from your post.

I always thought the entire issue about this picture was beyond blown out of proportion.
So freakin what? A picture of fully clothed twenty somethings in a hot tub. Like that's not a normal occurrence or something.
I think the entire contiversy is predicated on people wanting to hate Matt Lienart, and going way too far out on a limb to find something to bash him about.
Whoopty freakin do...

You know, having said the the above, I think I remember Lienart might have been drinking with under age girls at that party?
I could be wrong, but if that's the case, then of course I would have an issue with that.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #34
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

You know they changed the drinking age from 18 to 21 yrs ago. During that time those girls would've been drinking legally. Just another sign of the government knowing what's best for us more than we knowing what's best for us.

This should be in the NSZ sorry for messing up the thread.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #35
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I want a solid back up QB. However, as the season progresses, if a trade is offered...
I want to see Yates and Leinert get most of the reps. I know what Matt can do.
Old 08-11-2011   #36
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

I always thought you run your starters for 1 or 2 series ...1st quarter myself.....
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #37
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I like it, and while we're at it lets also keep Andre on the sideline all night.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #38
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Any other confirmation? I find this hard to believe.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #39
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 225538 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm for it if it happens.

But I'm not sure that it will.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #40
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 27940 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

I thought first teamers time in preseason's four games was:

1st series
1st quarter
half
1st series, maybe 2

Maybe it's due to the short camp time?
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read