Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-11-2011   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Lienart to start?

according to 11 news Lienart to start 1st preseason game for precaution
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #2
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE
Default Re: Lienart to start?

Makes sense. We know what Schaub and the majority of this starting offense can do. Makes sense to let starters sit this one out, what with a larger roster and less practice time thus far for the rookies.

Now, the D, I want to see ALL of them on the field for at least a quarter.
Old 08-11-2011   #3
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Lienart has been getting good reviews for his play in camp so far. It will be interesting to see if he can continue to play well with bodies flying at him for real.
If he does well, another thing that will interest me is how will the Lienart bashers respond?
I don't have strong feelings about the guy one way or the other, but there's no doubt that he is a polarizing figure who is pretty much hated by many people on TT.
I have a feeling he is going to do really well, and hopefully put some of his past reputation behind him.
Isn't it time that the fan base get behind him? After all, he is a Texan.

FWIW, I'm a Longhorn fan, and basically loathe USC, so I'm naturally inclined to dislike Matt Lienart.
michaelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #4
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Shop him for a draft day trade next year. If he could have a strong preseason could get something for him. He is 28 has a good amount of career left.
Old 08-11-2011   #5
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Excellent. I hope he does well.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75355 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Shop him for a draft day trade next year. If he could have a strong preseason could get something for him. He is 28 has a good amount of career left.
What if Schaub goes down? Just because he's proven he's not made of glass doesn't mean he won't, and it could be right before or during playoffs. If he actually has his act together, we may need him.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #7
srrono
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
What if Schaub goes down? Just because he's proven he's not made of glass doesn't mean he won't, and it could be right before or during playoffs. If he actually has his act together, we may need him.
Thats why i said next year
Sponsored links
Old 08-11-2011   #8
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Good deal, I want to see how much hes improved with some time under Kubiak's tutoring.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #9
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish Lienart well, and he needs the practice, so I'm good with this. But I'm not gonna quit calling him Hot Tub Boy no matter how good/bad he is.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #10
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #11
srrono
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post

u know these young ladies parents are proud of them
Old 08-11-2011   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I wish Lienart well, and he needs the practice, so I'm good with this. But I'm not gonna quit calling him Hot Tub Boy no matter how good/bad he is.
LOL! And I'm not going to quit accusing him of holding out his index and middle finger together and asking his teammates to smell his fingers.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Gawd I was thinking the same thing.

In fact, I have two daughters--ages 11 and 7--and I look at that photo and I think, "Just a few years ago, those 'ladies' were just little girls playing with Barbies and making a lemonade stand."

Ugggh.

THAT is why I cringed when the sonogram showed our first child would be a daughter. Lord help me.
Old 08-11-2011   #14
srrono
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Gawd I was thinking the same thing.

In fact, I have two daughters--ages 11 and 7--and I look at that photo and I think, "Just a few years ago, those 'ladies' were just little girls playing with Barbies and making a lemonade stand."

Ugggh.

THAT is why I cringed when the sonogram showed our first child would be a daughter. Lord help me.
3 boys 1 girl here daughter is now 8 man i fear teenage years boys were tuf enough.
Old 08-11-2011   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I have seen a lot of video posted of Leinart throwing at camp.

He looks pretty good. I think he is picking up the offense, and he looks more comfortable here than he did in Arizona.

Whatever we want to say about Kubiak's other coaching skills, he and his team of coaches know how to prepare and deploy a confident offense. Leinart seems to be finding his way here.

Orlovsky was such a bad acquisition, but I never dreamed that Leinart would actually be a better option than him. I figured we just had two screw-ups as backups. Leinart is surprisingly adequate all of a sudden.

We'll see how he adjusts to a real defense trying to kill him in that first preseason game. He's on the Jets radar; those Jets players that want to posterize him so it boosts their chances of making the roster.
Old 08-11-2011   #16
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 6477 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Girls like bikinis and hot tubs. Would you rather them be in one with a multimillionaire Heisman Trophy winner, or the night clerk at 7-11?
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #17
srrono
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
Girls like bikinis and hot tubs. Would you rather them be in one with a multimillionaire Heisman Trophy winner, or the night clerk at 7-11?
at least with night clerk thier pic would have a billion hits on the internet
Old 08-11-2011   #18
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95473 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

[post deleted]

Last edited by Marcus; 08-11-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #19
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95473 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
... maybe they have a good reason to not be proud of their parents.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #20
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 6477 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
at least with night clerk thier pic would have a billion hits on the internet
Only one is showing cleavage, and all the pic says is they go to good parties in college, lol.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read