Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-10-2011   #1
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Is the field at Reliant that bad?

Was diggin' through the insanity that is PFT and was purusing the article about how bad Soldier Field is and what should be done about it. Came across several comments about Reliant and how bad it's field is.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...use-fieldturf/

Is it really that bad or is it just Pats fans still pissed about Welker's ACL tear? I've always assumed that grass was somehow safer than field turf but honestly I don't know. How do the players feel about each? Should Bob yank the grass and go turf? Comments?
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #2
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is the field at Reliant that bad?

I only saw two comments on Reliant's turf, and yes, they were both based off of Welker's one injury there.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #3
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe the biggest beef the Pats had with the grass was that a bowl game was played on the same field 3(ish) days earlier.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

All player comments I have heard on this has been they favor natural grass (no MJ comments!). When the injury to Welker occured and negative comments made by N.E. our players defe3nded the condition of field if I remember correctly.
Old 08-10-2011   #5
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

As a member of a drum corps, I played on the field in Foxboro. If they're complaining about someone's grass it should be their own. More like a mudpit with some green spray paint on top of it. And I guess it was the guy who took care of the backyard they have, "helping" us and, "directing" us on how to move instruments across the field...that guy was ridiculous because we've all seen better grass on the side of the road.

The Texans have removable pallets of grass, which they rotate in and out of the sun. I think 2 fields worth. I met a guy who drove the forklift to move them at a game. Anyway all the fields are more than likely in better condition than the grazed over pasture (patties included) they have.

Just because Wes Welker saw Pollard and shat himself they come with their wide media influence to spread lies, back up their guy. Fine. Hate Pollard. Fine. It won't change the fact that Welker pooed himself and then hurt his knee trying to avoid getting hurt in the face.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock101 View Post
Was diggin' through the insanity that is PFT and was purusing the article about how bad Soldier Field is and what should be done about it. Came across several comments about Reliant and how bad it's field is.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...use-fieldturf/

Is it really that bad or is it just Pats fans still pissed about Welker's ACL tear? I've always assumed that grass was somehow safer than field turf but honestly I don't know. How do the players feel about each? Should Bob yank the grass and go turf? Comments?
Let's put it this way, in 90 home games and a scrimmage how many Texans have blown out a knee, based on the turf??
Old 08-10-2011   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Let's put it this way, in 90 home games and a scrimmage how many Texans have blown out a knee, based on the turf??
No doubt. Patriot fans just whining.

You can see the extra pallets of grass out in the orange lot, iirc. My son played at Reliant last year for the SFA v. Sam Houston game, and he said it was nice. I'll take a firsthand account over some whiney Pats fans who have never even stepped foot in our crib.
Old 08-10-2011   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
As a member of a drum corps, I played on the field in Foxboro. If they're complaining about someone's grass it should be their own. More like a mudpit with some green spray paint on top of it. And I guess it was the guy who took care of the backyard they have, "helping" us and, "directing" us on how to move instruments across the field...that guy was ridiculous because we've all seen better grass on the side of the road.

The Texans have removable pallets of grass, which they rotate in and out of the sun. I think 2 fields worth. I met a guy who drove the forklift to move them at a game. Anyway all the fields are more than likely in better condition than the grazed over pasture (patties included) they have.

Just because Wes Welker saw Pollard and shat himself they come with their wide media influence to spread lies, back up their guy. Fine. Hate Pollard. Fine. It won't change the fact that Welker pooed himself and then hurt his knee trying to avoid getting hurt in the face.
The Pats use fieldturf now (I think) because of how crappy their grass was.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

There have been a couple player polls reported over the years and Reliant came in 1st one time and at or near the top the other. Nothing to report here.
Old 08-10-2011   #10
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kinda what I figgered. Thanks for the replies.
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #11
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

It can look bad at times, but other than those few instances, I would say its fine.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #12
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just mad they couldn't find a decent spot to film from.
Old 08-10-2011   #13
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
The Pats use fieldturf now (I think) because of how crappy their grass was.
I think I remember something about them switching too. It was bad.

If I were the players I'd have bargained for all fields to be grass. Turf hurts.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #14
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I think I remember something about them switching too. It was bad.

If I were the players I'd have bargained for all fields to be grass. Turf hurts.
What drum corps were you a part of? I used to be hardcore into that stuff after I graduated high school. Haven't followed it quite as closely the last few years but still enjoy it.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #15
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
It can look bad at times, but other than those few instances, I would say its fine.
Yeah, thanks to those damn soccer games.
Old 08-11-2011   #16
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

So we can't blame Kareem Jackson's slips, trips and falls on the field? Awww shucks...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read