Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-10-2011   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181498 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default McNair Makes Some Comments

Radio 790 reported that McNair addressed the media stating that there is no reason we should not have a chance to win every game.

Kubiak has been excellent with the offense.

With Wade, we have as good a defensive coach as any.

(glaringly absent was mention of Kubiak as a great HC)

We are physically tough, but have to get more tough mentally.

That's all I caught.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #2
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56070 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: McNair Makes Some Comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Radio 790 reported that McNair addressed the media stating that there is no reason we should not have a chance to win every game.

Kubiak has been excellent with the offense.

With Wade, we have as good a defensive coach as any.

(glaringly absent was mention of Kubiak as a great HC)

We are physically tough, but have to get more tough mentally.

That's all I caught.
He was on 610 today with Vandy and Lopez and did a full interview and did support Kubes (or at least keeping him and how D was not his fault meaning Kubes got a pass).

He was very excited about the team, etc.

Sounded to me like he believes he has made the safe and correct moves.

I'm sure 610 will have it podcasted if not already.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181498 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

McNair On Why Fans Should Believe In The 2011 Texans (PODCAST)
Old 08-10-2011   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 290612 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

So if we were on the right track last year, then this season we should be arriving at the right destination!

I can't fault McNair for anything he says in pre-season. He's the Texans biggest fan, so I'm glad that he's optimistic and believes that we can win every game. I would expect nothing less from him.

I can't listen the podcast right now. Did he say playoffs or bust?
Old 08-10-2011   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
So if we were on the right track last year, then this season we should be arriving at the right destination!

I can't fault McNair for anything he says in pre-season. He's the Texans biggest fan, so I'm glad that he's optimistic and believes that we can win every game. I would expect nothing less from him.

I can't listen the podcast right now. Did he say playoffs or bust?
Don't remember now any specific comments on the playoffs, but maybe there was.
Old 08-10-2011   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Championship!!!!111!!!

Someone was going to post that anyway, so why not me?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #7
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Championship!!!!111!!!

Someone was going to post that anyway, so why not me?
cause it freaks us out when you say anything positive???

I kid, I kid,
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-10-2011   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
cause it freaks us out when you say anything positive???

I kid, I kid,
Hell, it freaks me out when he's sober enough to actually post something on topic.

I kid, I kid,
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #9
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 5916 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

I have never really had much of a problem with what McNair has said in the past. I think it is pretty obvious now he is pushing hard for success when in the past he wasn't though.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

My reputation seems intact, at least for now. Monday is not that far off, however.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

After a question by McLaim "why do you expect to go deep into the playoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNair
We've takena lot of steps in the offseason to improve our defense plus we've got Barwin and Ryans back - Losing those two guy,s - they are important losses.

I think Connor is gonna be outstanding , fans havent seen much of him , he is a tremendous athlete. I think he's going to be a great player.

Demeco's playing his way back into shape and getting better each day.

Then we've got JJ Watt and uh , nobody can block him. I mean thats the bottom line , you go out there and watch him and .... they cant block him.
He's been really quite a pleasant surprise , we knew he was good but frankly he's certainly better than I thought he would be.
Goes on to say that they were in the running for all the top DB's (Refering to Namdi) and decided to make the move that strengthened the team - Namdi didnt know what he wanted to do - so they moved on what they thought improved them the most with two players instead of one.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #12
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
My reputation seems intact, at least for now. Monday is not that far off, however.
I'll go all doom and gloom on your ass.

I'm not kidding'!
Old 08-11-2011   #13
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

I know it wasn't Kubiak's fault for the defense, but who was responsible for the slow start from our offense in some games? For example, @WAS(down 20-7 at half), @DAL(down 10-3 at half, and the offense didn't show up at all), vs NYG(down 24-3 at half, offense didnt show up at all again), vs KC(down 14-7 at half), @Colts(down 17-3 at half, and we started the drive w/ a pass to Dre for a first down, and then 3 and outs with all passes, WTF), vs SD(started 20-14, only to not show up in the 2nd half), then @NYJ, didnt show up until the 4th quarter and scored to early, vs BAL, didn't show up until 2nd half, then offense only scored 17 points @ TEN, wth?, then our offense disappeared in the 2nd half to the goddamn Denver Broncos. This offense is too good to do that, whether it's the HC/OC's fault, or the players'.
Old 08-11-2011   #14
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
He was on 610 today with Vandy and Lopez and did a full interview and did support Kubes (or at least keeping him and how D was not his fault meaning Kubes got a pass).
McNair is simply clueless. Barry Werner on 610 called McNair naive, and I believe it. How in the hell is the terrible defense not Kubiaks fault? He's the head coach ain't he? He hired the back to back suckass DC's who had no experience what so ever. He started the secondary with no experience. No wonder Kubiak doesn't hold his players accountable, McNair doesn't hold Kubiak accountable.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #15
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
McNair is simply clueless. Barry Werner on 610 called McNair naive, and I believe it. How in the hell is the terrible defense not Kubiaks fault? He's the head coach ain't he? He hired the back to back suckass DC's who had no experience what so ever. He started the secondary with no experience. No wonder Kubiak doesn't hold his players accountable, McNair doesn't hold Kubiak accountable.
To be fair to Kubiak .... Rick Smith didnt give him much to work with.

I know the next words outa your mouth are Kubiak saying he thought those kids would do fine .... what was he suppose to say , hey these kids suck , my GM sucks and didnt get me any help ? Im soooo screwed ?!!?

You guy's bash Kubiak all you want .... but there is plenty of blame to spread around from the top of the orginization all the way to the waterboy. Can he cover ?!! Suit his ass up.

Old 08-11-2011   #16
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56070 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

I know the next words outa your mouth are Kubiak saying he thought those kids would do fine .... what was he suppose to say , hey these kids suck , my GM sucks and didnt get me any help ? Im soooo screwed ?!!?

You guy's bash Kubiak all you want .... but there is plenty of blame to spread around from the top of the orginization all the way to the waterboy. Can he cover ?!! Suit his ass up.
While I see your point and even agree with it to a point, I do blame Kubiak when KJ was getting burned up all over the place when he WASN'T falling down and we were all clamoring for some kind of change..........ANY kind of change and Kubiak stood pat with quotes like "We'll stick with what we've got" so he didn't even mess with the depth chart until it was too late.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #17
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If Kubiaks excuse is the fact that Smith didn't give much to work with then he can look in the mirror for that one as well since he's the one that brought in Smith also, another guy who had no experience in his position. I agree with Barry Werner, McNair is naive and ignorant.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #18
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

You all need to quit pissin in my chereio's .... wait till they are sub .500 , then ***** and complain.

Right now its time for optimism ..... If you cant find that after this offseason , you may not be capable of positive thought.

Old 08-12-2011   #19
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You all need to quit pissin in my chereio's .... wait till they are sub .500 , then ***** and complain.

Right now its time for optimism ..... If you cant find that after this offseason , you may not be capable of positive thought.
Right on!

I'm back to my annual prediction of 17 wins in regular season
Old 08-12-2011   #20
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

There is a darn good reason that most Houston fans have become insensitive to and lost patience with perennial promises.

Quote:
It has been more than 17 years since Houston witnessed its football team play in the postseason. Among current NFL cities, none has gone as long as Houston without a playoff appearance. Even Detroit has been in the postseason more recently than Houston.
link

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read