Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-09-2011   #1
Crushing56
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Crushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Colts vs. Texans opening day EVERY year?

Just saying, the NFL has made it happen two years in a row. Maybe if the game is as crazy as it was last year, it could be an opening day tradition of some sort. I like it. Your thoughts?
Crushing56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Colts vs. Texans opening day EVERY year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushing56 View Post
Just saying, the NFL has made it happen two years in a row. Maybe if the game is as crazy as it was last year, it could be an opening day tradition of some sort. I like it. Your thoughts?
I don't want that until Manning has retired.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #3
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

The Cowboys and Lions get T-giving every year, wynaut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #4
Crushing56
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Crushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I don't want that until Manning has retired.
We have to face him twice a year anyways, it doesn't really make much of a difference.
Crushing56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Could not care less. Line'em up; knock 'em down.
Old 08-09-2011   #6
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I would rather have a tradition of playing them for the last game of every year. That way, when we are 9-6 and they are 12-3, we can get an easy win as they rest their starters!
Old 08-09-2011   #7
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't Dallas and Washington play each other every year in week 1 before?
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-09-2011   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
Still do I think.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
Not in the past 25 years.

In the past 25 years, the Cowboys and Redskins have played each other in Week 1 5x. And two of those were in consecutive seasons.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't want that (same team opening day every year) ever. That wouldn't be a tradition. It would be a bore. I like the schedule to have some variety and in my opinion one of the very few drawbacks to the current alignment of the league and method of arriving at opponents is that we seem to play a lot of the same teams every year. It seems like Cincinnati is a division game it happens so often. We get the Chiefs and Jets all the time. I know there are only 32 teams and it's probably more of an illusion than reality but I think the schedule is predictable enough already.
Old 08-09-2011   #11
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Doesn't matter. We have a great chance to beat Peyton again to open up the season, he's coming off a neck surgery, they lost their LT, everybody else is coming off an injury(Dallas Clark, Austin Collie, etc), and they lost their MLB to the Jaguars. But the only way I see that happening if Wade get our D ready by week 1 and if we can get to Peyton's face all day.
Old 08-09-2011   #12
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont even feel Indy belongs in the AFC south : P they need to be replaced replace them with the bucks or saints or something LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #13
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I don't want that (same team opening day every year) ever. That wouldn't be a tradition. It would be a bore. I like the schedule to have some variety and in my opinion one of the very few drawbacks to the current alignment of the league and method of arriving at opponents is that we seem to play a lot of the same teams every year. It seems like Cincinnati is a division game it happens so often. We get the Chiefs and Jets all the time. I know there are only 32 teams and it's probably more of an illusion than reality but I think the schedule is predictable enough already.
Well, we weren't good enough to be playing Pittsburgh more instead of Cincy, or to play New England instead of the Jets. Always in the cellar.
GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #14
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm fine with it, just as long as it's not the biggest punch they throw all year.

There's a debate, bigger punch Texans vs. Colts Week 1 last year or Andre Johnson vs. Innegan's Orehead?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #15
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

did u hear jeff saturday he said if peyton cant play wk1 they will just have to beat houston with curtis painter
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #16
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
did u hear jeff saturday he said if peyton cant play wk1 they will just have to beat houston with curtis painter
I heard him.
now I want Peyton. don't want them to have any excuses when we crush their a$$
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #17
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I heard him.
I want Painter. It gives Htown a better chance to win and may give the 3-4 D a little confidence in the beginning of the season.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #18
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushing56 View Post
Its just another game to the other 28 teams fans. It only means something to fans of the AFC south. I dont really think it would be a tradition worth starting.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #19
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

I like it as a measuring stick I was so worked up last year with the game 1 win vs IND.
If the Texans win they will be tied for top of the division because TEN@JAG or lose tied for last so its huge.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #20
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46287 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I heard him.
This is the NFL. A win is a win. No one felt bad for us when we lost Andre for a few weeks or when Schaub went down or when we had to turn to our 3rd string RB (who became the NFL's leading rusher the next year).
Stemp is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read