Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Colts vs. Texans opening day EVERY year?

Crushing56

Practice Squad
Just saying, the NFL has made it happen two years in a row. Maybe if the game is as crazy as it was last year, it could be an opening day tradition of some sort. I like it. Your thoughts?

Just saying, the NFL has made it happen two years in a row. Maybe if the game is as crazy as it was last year, it could be an opening day tradition of some sort. I like it. Your thoughts?

I don't want that until Manning has retired.

I would rather have a tradition of playing them for the last game of every year. That way, when we are 9-6 and they are 12-3, we can get an easy win as they rest their starters! :D

I don't want that (same team opening day every year) ever. That wouldn't be a tradition. It would be a bore. I like the schedule to have some variety and in my opinion one of the very few drawbacks to the current alignment of the league and method of arriving at opponents is that we seem to play a lot of the same teams every year. It seems like Cincinnati is a division game it happens so often. We get the Chiefs and Jets all the time. I know there are only 32 teams and it's probably more of an illusion than reality but I think the schedule is predictable enough already.

Doesn't matter. We have a great chance to beat Peyton again to open up the season, he's coming off a neck surgery, they lost their LT, everybody else is coming off an injury(Dallas Clark, Austin Collie, etc), and they lost their MLB to the Jaguars. But the only way I see that happening if Wade get our D ready by week 1 and if we can get to Peyton's face all day.

I dont even feel Indy belongs in the AFC south : P they need to be replaced replace them with the bucks or saints or something LOL

I don't want that (same team opening day every year) ever. That wouldn't be a tradition. It would be a bore. I like the schedule to have some variety and in my opinion one of the very few drawbacks to the current alignment of the league and method of arriving at opponents is that we seem to play a lot of the same teams every year. It seems like Cincinnati is a division game it happens so often. We get the Chiefs and Jets all the time. I know there are only 32 teams and it's probably more of an illusion than reality but I think the schedule is predictable enough already.

Well, we weren't good enough to be playing Pittsburgh more instead of Cincy, or to play New England instead of the Jets. Always in the cellar.

I'm fine with it, just as long as it's not the biggest punch they throw all year.

There's a debate, bigger punch Texans vs. Colts Week 1 last year or Andre Johnson vs. Innegan's Orehead?

did u hear jeff saturday he said if peyton cant play wk1 they will just have to beat houston with curtis painter

did u hear jeff saturday he said if peyton cant play wk1 they will just have to beat houston with curtis painter

I heard him.
now I want Peyton. don't want them to have any excuses when we crush their a$$

Its just another game to the other 28 teams fans. It only means something to fans of the AFC south. I dont really think it would be a tradition worth starting.

I like it as a measuring stick I was so worked up last year with the game 1 win vs IND.
If the Texans win they will be tied for top of the division because TEN@JAG or lose tied for last so its huge.

I heard him.
now I want Peyton. don't want them to have any excuses when we crush their a$$

This is the NFL. A win is a win. No one felt bad for us when we lost Andre for a few weeks or when Schaub went down or when we had to turn to our 3rd string RB (who became the NFL's leading rusher the next year:fans:).

Back