Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who will be the #2 starting CB before the end of the season?
Brandon Harris 21 27.63%
Kareem Jackson 15 19.74%
Brice McCain 3 3.95%
Sherrick McManis 2 2.63%
Jason Allen 32 42.11%
Roc Carmichael 3 3.95%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2011   #1
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 81301 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Vote on who will be the starting #2 CB by the end of the season

My vote is for Brandon Harris. I think that sometime during the season he will have a breakout game.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vote on who will be the starting #2 CB by the end of the season

Brandon Harris, but don't know why I'm choosing him. Ha
Old 08-09-2011   #3
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Yikes, i didn't read the entire thread title before I voted!
I was voting for who I thought would be CB2 in the season opener...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #4
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted Allen because I know at some point he'll be #2 (due to experience) but I believe that Harris will also make a good push and may end the season in that spot too bad I can't vote for two people that will be #2 during the season.
Old 08-09-2011   #5
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Allen will be the starting two. Harris will be the nickel though and KJ will be pushed back to dime.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #6
Rick_Moon
Thank You

Section: 608, looking to move down.
Rep Power: 0 Rick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for Brandon Harris. I'm not sold on Jason Allen, and I've yet to hear anything good about Kareem. It's a damn shame too, cause I was one of the people saying a new defensive staff would really turn his game around.
Rick_Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Ooops.

I did the same thing.

I think Harris might be the starter by the end of the season. But I expect Allen to be the starter at the beginning of it.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-09-2011   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I voted for Brice McCain.

I think it is a little premature to do a poll such as this, because there is really no way of telling.

It's just a popularity contest right now.
Old 08-09-2011   #9
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Jason Allen will start but by the end of the season I expect Brandon Harris to crack the starting lineup and become the #2 across from Joseph. Harris was one of my favorite CBs in college and I think he was a lot better than Kareem Jackson coming out of college based off of what I have seen.

Now, if we could get Harris to catch the balls instead of batting it away...
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Harris. I picked him for the draft and the fact he was passed over by Houston & then a trade back up in 2nd round to get him made my day. Guess I'll run eith that hoirse foir a while. The INT he got Monday was sweet showing good ball awareness & willingness to get on the ground for it.
Old 08-09-2011   #11
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for Carmichael as the dark horse in this race...

How can anyone vote for McCain? Explain yourselves!
Old 08-09-2011   #12
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Harris. I picked him for the draft and the fact he was passed over by Houston & then a trade back up in 2nd round to get him made my day. Guess I'll run eith that hoirse foir a while. The INT he got Monday was sweet showing good ball awareness & willingness to get on the ground for it.
I voted Kareem Jackson because I think he'll be pushed the most into that position and I'm hoping he succeeds. This is something I'll be paying VERY close attention to during the four preseason games.

Man, was this a GREAT draft or what!!? Going into the draft I felt like it was deeper than everyone gave it credit for. I truly feel like this draft could rival that of 2006's that gave us Mario, Demeco, Winston and OD. That's saying something about these guys. Watt - Reed combo there was my favorite outcome that could have happened. The fact we traded up back into the 2nd to get Brandon Harris was just icing on the cake. Holy moses I love those three picks. I think Harris can instantly come in and be a great nickle corner for us but it wouldn't suprise me if he takes over the #2 spot by the end of the season.

Last edited by Ole Miss Texan; 08-09-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #13
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Read fail here, my vote was for the opener.
Old 08-09-2011   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Ooops.

I did the same thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post

Read fail here, my vote was for the opener.
Well if the player you voted for is the starting #2 CB at anytime during the season, including the opener, then technically he was "by the end of the season". LOL
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I voted Kareem Jackson because I think he'll be pushed the most into that position and I'm hoping he succeeds. This is something I'll be paying VERY close attention to during the four preseason games.

Man, was this a GREAT draft or what!!? Going into the draft I felt like it was deeper than everyone gave it credit for. I truly feel like this draft could rival that of 2006's that gave us Mario, Demeco, Winston and OD. That's saying something about these guys. Watt - Reed combo there was my favorite outcome that could have happened. The fact we traded up back into the 2nd to get Brandon Harris was just icing on the cake. Holy moses I love those three picks. I think Harris can instantly come in and be a great nickle corner for us but it wouldn't suprise me if he takes over the #2 spot by the end of the season.
Enjoyed your post OMT. As I have posted, my time with the Texans had about played out and signing Wade Phillips was a hook. I liked Watt although I was hoping J Jones would slide. I never thought Reed would be there in second and Harris was my # 2. I sadly waved bye bye but was kicked in the pants stunned when Smith traded back into second. I was hopping around my place like Demi Moore had just called to invite me over for a quiet get together.

Rashad Carmichael was another pick as I was unaware of his pro day 40 at his school. This guy can be a future star.

Now my hopes turn to the DB coach.
Old 08-09-2011   #16
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Quote:
same. I picked jason allen, but i think KJ will end up being the #2 CB.
Old 08-09-2011   #17
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I voted for Brice McCain.

I think it is a little premature to do a poll such as this, because there is really no way of telling.

It's just a popularity contest right now.
Agree'd we have very limited information to go on ..... Now if you ask again after pre-season .... We'll at least have those games to guage each by.

(I didnt vote).

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #18
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I would really like to cast a vote, but must abstain until I see me some pre-season football first. It will be more relevant prior to opener against the Colts w/without Manning?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #19
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it'll be ja.

I just think that when he came in last year he added a stabilizing force to the d whereas Kareem mad it shaky.

Mixed with what I saw last year, and with the training camp reports I think it will end up being Allen. He has better field speed than Kareem and he also seems to have better ball skills.

Maybe with competent safety play and good coaching he will be able to better showcase his talents. Maybe bein surrounded by a log of talent will help. Maybe the light may have come on for him.

People disregard practice, but good players normally look good in practice and bad players often look bad. Kareem has skills, but it sounds like a lot of the same problems from last season are still lingering and he hasn't made plays in practice.

I haven't heard anything good about Kareem. Just bad stuff and meh.

Maybe by the end of pre-season be will look a lot more solid. We'll see.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #20
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think it'll be ja.

I just think that when he came in last year he added a stabilizing force to the d whereas Kareem mad it shaky.

Mixed with what I saw last year, and with the training camp reports I think it will end up being Allen. He has better field speed than Kareem and he also seems to have better ball skills.

Maybe with competent safety play and good coaching he will be able to better showcase his talents. Maybe bein surrounded by a log of talent will help. Maybe the light may have come on for him.

People disregard practice, but good players normally look good in practice and bad players often look bad. Kareem has skills, but it sounds like a lot of the same problems from last season are still lingering and he hasn't made plays in practice.

I haven't heard anything good about Kareem. Just bad stuff and meh.

Maybe by the end of pre-season be will look a lot more solid. We'll see.
It's really odd to hear (read) a guy who stressed "trusting his own eyes" to be swayed so easily by outside "information" as it tailors only to his POV; it's truly is (odd)!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read