Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-09-2011   #1
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jason Allen bad plays

It gives me no joy to post these plays, even though I may take a good nature rib here and there.

The first one was against the Jets.
Allen fell down and gave up a 67-yd TD to Edwards.

The Jets were in white.
The TE and FB both were on Allen's side.
As both of them released (along with the RB), there was absolutely no chance that the SS can give help.
Edwards ran a simple route out to the flat anf caught the ball about 11 yards from the LOS.

As Allen whiffed quickly in this fashion, a TD was a sure thing for the offense.
His falling down was not aided by a receiver pushing/pulling on his arm (as in the R. Williams's play against Jackson) or on his helmet (as in the S. Smith's play against Jackson).

The whole sequence can be found here:

http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/...20fell%20down/

The start of the play is depicted in this photo:

76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

What isthe point?

That Jason Allen had some bad plays?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #3
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jason Allen bad plays

jayden james is yummy.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #4
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
What isthe point?

Do you really have to ask? It's to make his boy KJ look adequate.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #5
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

The fullback being "on his side" doesn't matter. The fb is in an off set I. Pretty much never are you asking your corner to make a pre snap read in a fb in the backfield.

You are making up your own narration for the coverage just like you were in the k jax threads.

You sat he can't expect safety help because of the formation the offense is in and that is a ridiculous assumption.

Also, Roy williams handled kjax at the line. Kjax footwork was bad and he was easily thrown off balance.

As far as Allen is concerned, everyone knows he isn't a shutdown in an island guy. Most folks know he has struggled in Miami.

I really don't get the point and I'm trying to not assume that this is to make kjax look better so I'll just let you explain.
Old 08-09-2011   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What isthe point?

There shall be several points.
For now, let just say that the first two points are:
- Allen had more bad plays than Jackson per pass targeted (especially when considering a "true" one-on-one situation.
- Allen fell down, probably more than Jackson just by pure counts and definitely more per pass plays involved (especially when considered that he wasn't pushed and pulled the way Jackson was; ie. it's all on him.)

Some other points will manifest themselves or will be brought up by me later as I post more plays.
Old 08-09-2011   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The fullback being "on his side" doesn't matter. The fb is in an off set I.

You are making up your own narration for the coverage just like you were in the k jax threads.

You sat he can't expect safety help because of the formation the offense is in and that is a ridiculous assumption.

Also, Roy williams handled kjax at the line. Kjax footwork was bad and he was easily thrown off balance.

As far as Allen is concerned, everyone knows he isn't a shutdown in an island guy. Most folks know he has struggled in Miami.

I really don't get the point and I'm trying to not assume that this is to make kjax look better so I'll just let you explain.
1. I'd like to hear your take about the coverage the Dolphins might be in?

2. People want Allen to start over Jackson because they think he can make more plays vs. giving up more plays. It isn't so!
Sponsored links
Old 08-09-2011   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
There shall be several points.
For now, let just say that the first two points are:
- Allen had more bad plays than Jackson per pass targeted (especially when considering a "true" one-on-one situation.
- Allen fell down, probably more than Jackson juts by pure counts and definitely more per pass plays involved (especially when considered that he wasn't pushed and pulled the way Jackson was; ie. it's all on him.)

Some other points will manifest themselves or will be brought up by me later as I post more plays.
So this is a Kareem Jackson doesn't suck thread in disguise?

C'mon man.

Like I said, I like talking football with you, but you make it difficult with this stuff.

Even if Allen sucks to high hell, what on earth does that have to do with Kareem being bad?

And are you seriously complaining about Kareem being pushed and shoved in a football game?

You do realize that within the first 5 yards db's and receivers get physical right?
Old 08-09-2011   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

In the fourth quarter, Allen got beat deep by Edwards in either cover 1 or cover 3, but the pass was just long.

The Jets were in a 2-TE set and the Dolphins brought the SS safety down to counter.

Somehow, Allen allowed Edwards to cut back to the outside where it's almost impossible for the lone deep safety to get to.

Yet, the safety managed to get pretty close.
This bring up the next point: that if the Texans' deep safety had this kind of range, our CBs would have fared better last year.
(And therefore, Jackson wouldn't have looked so bad.)

Here's the line-up:

And here's the whole sequene:
http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/...20just%20long/
Old 08-09-2011   #10
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
So this is a Kareem Jackson doesn't suck thread in disguise?

C'mon man.

Like I said, I like talking football with you, but you make it difficult with this stuff.

Even if Allen sucks to high hell, what on earth does that have to do with Kareem being bad?

And are you seriously complaining about Kareem being pushed and shoved in a football game?

You do realize that within the first 5 yards db's and receivers get physical right?
You want to see which CB deserve to be the starter, don't you?
Old 08-09-2011   #11
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 348793 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm all ears.
Old 08-09-2011   #12
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
1. I'd like to hear your take about the coverage the Dolphins might be in?

2. People want Allen to start over Jackson because they think he can make more plays vs. giving up more plays. It isn't so!
1) You can't even see the coverage so I'd just be giving a wild guess.

2) People want the best # 2 cb to start and a lot of people have given other options besides Jason Allen.

Some folks believe Kareem is trash and will never get it, but some think it's too early to close the door on him.

But you seem to be in a very, very small minority saying Kareem being bad is basically an illusion.

Jason Allen may not be a world beater but he is probably a better option than Jackson at this point.

I wish you'd come to grips with that so we could discuss some other areas of the team because I like the technical aspect and breaking down plays.
Old 08-09-2011   #13
76Texan
Hall of Fame

The third play in the Jets game were on third and ten.
Dolphins were in cover two, which means Allen can afford to play closer to the vet to try to prevent the conversion... but he didn't, or couldn't.

Allen lined up outside the receiver and still allowed the catch to be make to the outside for a 19-yd gain and a first down.

And yes, he fell down again (the second time in one game.)

Here, you can see that he does have "on-time" safety support.

The line-up:

The sequence:
http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/...ets%20Edwards/
Old 08-09-2011   #14
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You want to see which CB deserve to be the starter, don't you?
Sure. And I think that pre season will be a good gauge.

If we are going to base this years decisions strictly on last years performances the Kareem probably should be cut.

But he isnt going to be. He'll be given every chance to be a starter, and if he performs well, like you seem supremely confident he will, then you shouldn't be worried.

The best man (hopefully) will start.
Old 08-09-2011   #15
Rey
Hall of Fame

I still have not seen you give a legit criticism of anything kj has done.
Old 08-09-2011   #16
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
1. Jason Allen may not be a world beater but he is probably a better option than Jackson at this point.

2. I wish you'd come to grips with that so we could discuss some other areas of the team because I like the technical aspect and breaking down plays.
\

1. See, I don't agree that Allen is a better option because in his fifth year, he's still making what his coach Soprano called "fundamental" mistakes (over and over again.) I will come to that another time when I post some more plays.

2. If people realize that Allen fell down more than Jackson then I woul quit this thread straight away.
Old 08-09-2011   #17
vupac1
Veteran

Rep Power: 358 vupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respected

When year exactly was this particular NYJ/MIA game? I don't think there is any question that Jason Allen was a disappointment in MIA, probably considered a bust for a first rounder, but what do we as fans always preach.. "maybe all he needs is a change of scenery" It's the same reason Jason Babins and Amobi Okoyes get picked up by other teams..

Look, everyone knows that KJ was thrown into a bad situation last year, we've heard it over and over and over.. rookie corner relied on to step in and become an impact starter with terrible safety play behind him... we all agree that was a bad decision last year, so why are you so against letting a veteran corner start ahead of him this year? Sure, JA isn't as good as our new CB1 in Jonathan Joseph, but he IS still a veteran with more game experience than KJ (and drafted 8 spots ahead of JoJo ) who knows, maybe he can finally develop into the player he was projected to be.. and thus allowing KJ more time to learn and even possibly doing the same
vupac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #18
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Do you really have to ask? It's to make his boy KJ look adequate.
Until this thread I thought you guys were going overboard on the KJ-love... now... not so much
Old 08-09-2011   #19
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toan View Post
I wish I had enough reps so my neg would actually leave a dent in your bars.

You made several highly-detailed, analytical posts through the off-season, that had shed lights on K-Jack troubles last season, which I admire a great deal, I'm sure I even rep you a couple of times for it.

Now all of a sudden, you made a thread like this, coinciding with the fact that KJack is having a terrible camp and Jason Allen is shining like a Emerson light bulb powered by a thousand lithium-ion cell batteries. Face it dude, Jason Allen is slated to be the starter while K-Jack is mostly going to be the 4th CB, and potentially going the being Okoye'd by the Texans within the next few years.

This thread has tarnished your credibility as a poster, and further proving to everyone that you are a true Kareem Jackson nut-hugger, first and foremost.

P.S: I didn't negged, but was tempted due to the bias-phaggotry of the OP
First of all, you might want to read my first post again.
It read, "it gives me no joy!"

Secondly, this is not suddenly-a-thread that appears; I had promised Docbar (and a couple other posters) who wanted to know "about" how much the other DBs fell down.

Thirdly, even though I've completed all the Texans game analysis some time ago so that we can see all the plays that involved each CB to analyze their plays "somewhat more truthfully" (rather than just one or two plays here and there), I haven't taken all the screen shots on all of them yet.
The ones that I had were big and I need time to convert them.
In the meantime, I just can't let this "Kareem Jackson just fell down again" to stick while nobody mentioned about "Jason Allen just fell down again".
Old 08-09-2011   #20
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I still have not seen you give a legit criticism of anything kj has done.
I did, and I still don't know why you can't remember as I had quoted you directly to respond.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read