Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-08-2011   #1
GhostRaider2007
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 GhostRaider2007 is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostRaider2007 is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostRaider2007 is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostRaider2007 is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostRaider2007 is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostRaider2007 is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostRaider2007 is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostRaider2007 is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostRaider2007 is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostRaider2007 is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostRaider2007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ABC13's Back to Football special from last night

Quote:
Back to Football: 2011 Texans season premiere (22:25)

ABC-13/KTRK aired it's 2011 Houston Texans season premiere show on Sunday night, getting you ready for another year of Texans football.
Link:
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...0-b15274c4ac51
GhostRaider2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #2
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10190 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ABC13's Back to Football special from last night

Thanks! I watched it last night. Thank god football is here!

p.s. I repped you, and welcome to texanstalk!
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #3
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I watched it last night, just for the sake of watching it. I honestly don't care for Bob Allen's football insight. I have the DVR set to record the "Inside the Game" series that comes on Sunday nights after the game, but I don't care for him or Spencer. They both like to hear themselves talk way too much and doodle on the screen.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #4
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Boob Allen is the worst reporter in town for good reason.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
I watched it last night, just for the sake of watching it. I honestly don't care for Bob Allen's football insight. I have the DVR set to record the "Inside the Game" series that comes on Sunday nights after the game, but I don't care for him or Spencer. They both like to hear themselves talk way too much and doodle on the screen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
Agreed! I ended up muting them the last game or two. I tried syncing the radio and tv. It worked well enough to leave them on mute. Imo, Tillman's the worst. Bob has a hard time talking without screwing up what he's trying to say....which would be dorky anyways
Old 08-08-2011   #6
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

To each his own! Spencer Tillmen is one of my fav. He explains things in detail, and he's HONEST about the Texans play. Doesn't make a lot of excuses for them, just tells it like it is! I never miss "Inside the Game."
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #7
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Spencer but can't really stand Bob Allen! When things aren't going good he hates our team then when they r good he acts like he has been a diehard fan! I cant stand wishy washy people! Take a stand! Say what you mean and mean what u say! I do watch the show but I say some bad things to the tv when Bob is being a butt! Lol
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-08-2011   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
To each his own! Spencer Tillmen is one of my fav. He explains things in detail, and he's HONEST about the Texans play. Doesn't make a lot of excuses for them, just tells it like it is! I never miss "Inside the Game."
I like Tillman, too. He's very knowledgeable of the game and uses his own experiences on with a championship franchise to enlighten watchers about issues with the Texans. "Inside the Game" is set on my DVR, as well.
Old 08-08-2011   #9
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77581 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been away from the Houston viewing market for 14 years now. Does Tillman still say "fair enough, fair enough" to almost every comment? That used to give me a rash.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 112830 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just watched it and loved seeing a special on the Texans. Thanks for posting GR, welcome to the board.
Old 08-08-2011   #11
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
This. I can't stand the guy. But Houston sports media only likes to cover fluff stories these days, so I'm not a big fan of any of these guys.
Old 08-08-2011   #12
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 18204 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Sirius 88 is where it's at! Adam Schein is annoying, but Pat Kirwan rocks
Old 08-08-2011   #13
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Sirius 88 is where it's at! Adam Schein is annoying, but Pat Kirwan rocks
^^^^
This

Tillman is a walking conundrum.

You know the guy at the party that uses big words. But doesn't know what they mean.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #14
TexanBorn51
Veteran

Rep Power: 1327 TexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for posting that link I'm excited too as they are and pumped up for the season. Go Texans Go....!!!
TexanBorn51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #15
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

they said k. jack will start
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #16
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I just got a chill, and a flash, that my "dream" just turned into a nightmare! PLEASE be kidding!!! I feel sorry for the kid. The first time he gets burned the fans will crucify him!! Bench him and let him learn from J.Jo. He needs some pine time, IMHO!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #17
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

cool. thanks. missed it yesterday.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #18
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Context context context.

We are one week into training camp. K. Jack was the starter last year. It stands to reason he still is until someone beats him out. I expect that to happen or the light may just go off in his head. Who knows at this point?
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #19
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 245923 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Spencer is okay, imo ... Abramowitz is a tool.
Old 08-09-2011   #20
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanfan4ever View Post
I like Spencer but can't really stand Bob Allen! When things aren't going good he hates our team then when they r good he acts like he has been a diehard fan! I cant stand wishy washy people! Take a stand! Say what you mean and mean what u say! I do watch the show but I say some bad things to the tv when Bob is being a butt! Lol
That's ridiculus.

Allen is an analyist. When the Texans screw up, he slams them. When he does well, he praises them. That's how a lot of fans are as well. It's called critical thinking. You are saying we should either praise the team no matter what they do, or slam them no matter what they do. It's not that simple. Every team will do some good things, and every team will do some boneheaded things. Each should be pointed out as such.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read