Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-08-2011   #1
Rush23
Rookie

Rep Power: 72 Rush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bear fans not happy with Roy Williams' Patented "First Down Dance"

Official Petition to Stop Roy Williams From Doing the First Down Dance |

Helping spread this around the web, a bunch of Chicago fans aren't very open to the idea of Roy's asinine 1st down dance and plan to actually raise money to a charity of his choice to make sure he cuts that poo out. Thing seems to be gaining some steam.
Rush23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bear fans not happy with Roy Williams' Patented "First Down Dance"

I don't see what's so bad about that. If it were some long, time-taking thing, it would be different, but that's not much worse at all than simply pointing forward, like so many do.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I don't see what's so bad about that. If it were some long, time-taking thing, it would be different, but that's not much worse at all than simply pointing forward, like so many do.
Basically it look stupid is all. Roy, stop wiggling around and get back to the huddle.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 230490 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Chicago fan is good.

If Roy likes to dance, he should dance only when he drops one for a first down. That way he'll get to dance more often.
Old 08-08-2011   #5
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Funny living here now, I see non-stop Bears coverage and hadn't seen this. They said last night they might carry 6 WRs because of some surprises in camp.
Old 08-08-2011   #6
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Celebrate when you do something important, like a TD. Celebrating a first down with anything more than a simple "first down" point is a little silly.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #7
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 15683 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Celebrate when you do something important, like a TD. Celebrating a first down with anything more than a simple "first down" point is a little silly.
"and that's another Houston Texannnnnnns........"

(although I think I've heard other stadium's fans do this as well)
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-08-2011   #8
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post

I think its silly to be honest. Are we saying our team is so inept we cheer the minor things like first downs?! I can understand a clap or a fist pump at a big 3rd and 3 play, but if it is 2nd and 1 and Foster runs for 6, that does not warrant a "and that's another Houston Texannnnnnns........" in my mind.

Then again, maybe I am a member of the Fun Police.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Who is Roy Williams?

Nuff said.
Old 08-08-2011   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post

It was really goofy during the 2-14 season when they'd do that for first downs in the fourth quarter of blowout games. They'd even pipe in crowd noise for it, even though I'd look around and none of the 2500 fans left were cheering that particular first down.
Old 08-08-2011   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
It was really goofy during the 2-14 season when they'd do that for first downs in the fourth quarter of blowout games. They'd even pipe in crowd noise for it, even though I'd look around and none of the 2500 fans left were cheering that particular first down.
I get irritated by the piped in fan noise during player intros. Or maybe it's when the bull animation comes on before kickoff. I can't remember exactly when but I know there is piped in noise sometime before kickoff. I wonder if other teams do that as well?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I get irritated by the piped in fan noise during player intros. Or maybe it's when the bull animation comes on before kickoff. I can't remember exactly when but I know there is piped in noise sometime before kickoff. I wonder if other teams do that as well?
I don't know, but I'd say probably to other teams doing it. The Texans pretty much copied what they liked from other teams for various aspects of their presentation. Being the 32nd team, I doubt anything they do is truly "original".

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read