Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-07-2011   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 106570 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default wow...shannon sharpe

Quote:
My big brother, Sterling … I'm the only player of 267 men that's walked through this building to my left that can honestly say this: I'm the only pro football player that's in the Hall of Fame, and the second best player in my own family.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-wp4687

Wow, that is touching
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #2
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 42676 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: wow...shannon sharpe

Very good speech. Seems each year I need Kleenex.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Eli Manning will say it someday. Heck , he might be the 3rd best in his family, LOL.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #4
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Eli Manning will say it someday. Heck , he might be the 3rd best in his family, LOL.
I don't see him making the HOF but I could be wrong.
Old 08-07-2011   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
I don't see him making the HOF but I could be wrong.
Yeah, I gotta admit I'm not sure about it...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #6
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I loved Shannon's speech. I was waiting and looking forward to laugh with him and enjoy that he was in. Instead he was more serious than I thought and I loved that too.

I found myself watching the clock when Sanders was preaching....um...giving his speech. I guess I never liked him and never will. I found his speech overbearing and self-indulgent and I am very aware that this was a HOF acceptance speech, but nonetheless I didn't feel that with other inductees.
Old 08-07-2011   #7
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Shannon's speech was awesome! Sometime it got a little redundant, but overall I didn't fast forward through a single word. I loved it. I could tell it came from his heart. One of the best speeches ever.

Marshall Faulk.....well I had to fast forward after minute 18....
Old 08-07-2011   #8
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64231 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I loved Shannon's speech. I was waiting and looking forward to laugh with him and enjoy that he was in. Instead he was more serious than I thought and I loved that too.

I found myself watching the clock when Sanders was preaching....um...giving his speech. I guess I never liked him and never will. I found his speech overbearing and self-indulgent and I am very aware that this was a HOF acceptance speech, but nonetheless I didn't feel that with other inductees.

100% agreed. Shannon's was PERFECT. Deion's was annoying.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #9
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
100% agreed. Shannon's was PERFECT. Deion's was annoying.
I thought Shannon Sharp's speech was the best of all of them...that I listened to. Couldn't tell you anything about Sanders' because I didn't hear a word of it. Personally can't stand the arrogant ____________. Great player but will be the death of my mute button.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #10
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134946 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post

I missed the entire show but all they played on espn was sanders. I can't stomach listening to this clown. He sets off an instant mute button in me. He did sound like a preacher or used car salesman. I'm going to watch sharpe today he's always entertaining and funny. In my opinion I'll say Barry sanderrs' speech was pretty bad too. Maybe it's a sanders thang i wouldn't understand.
Old 08-08-2011   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

The only speech I was compelled to watch was Sharpe's, and I'm so glad I did.

I couldn't help but feel a big ol' lump in my throat when he was talking about his grandma and the only thing she wanted in life. Her boys could give her anything, but this wonderful woman just wanted a house that did not leak when it rains. That story right there was so poignant, so powerful, and it really made me glad I watched his speech. I wish more people had that point-of-view, because we are so spoiled as a nation that we have lost focus and perspective.

I recorded the whole thing, but I have not been compelled to watch Sanders or Faulk, and judging by the comments in this thread, I might never be compelled. DVR "erase".
Old 08-08-2011   #12
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98612 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
I missed the entire show but all they played on espn was sanders. I can't stomach listening to this clown. He sets off an instant mute button in me. He did sound like a preacher or used car salesman. I'm going to watch sharpe today he's always entertaining and funny. In my opinion I'll say Barry sanderrs' speech was pretty bad too. Maybe it's a sanders thang i wouldn't understand.
The tale about the origins of "Prime Time" was very good in Deon's speech, but the rest was meh
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #13
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Never really like Sharpe as a player.. his arrogant attitude, but after his speech, I have gained respect for Sharpe, the man !
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #14
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys should check out the piece they did on NFL films about Sharpe, it was fantastic.

I posted this about it: http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83640
Old 08-08-2011   #15
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134946 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
The tale about the origins of "Prime Time" was very good in Deon's speech, but the rest was meh
I gave it another shot. It was probably about as annoying as having to listen to a prayer from Rick Perry doing a Soulja Boy tryin to make it rain.
Old 08-08-2011   #16
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 262799 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
You guys should check out the piece they did on NFL films about Sharpe, it was fantastic.

I posted this about it: http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83640
That piece was so good I made my wife watch it and she loved it.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #17
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 42676 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

As usual I watched the entire program and these are some of the points I either enjoyed or was inspired.

Ed Sabol, founder of NFL Films - Excellent NFL video production and his remark “I dreamt the impossible dream and now I'm living it.”

Richard Dent - "None of us can get anywhere by ourselves."

Shannon Sharpe "To my big brother Sterling. I'm the only player of 267 men who have walked through this building to my left, that can honestly say this: I'm the only pro football player who's in the Hall of Fame, and I'm the second best player in my own family." All his grandmother wanted from them was a home that it could rain all night long and she could wake up and not be wet.

Marshall Faulk - Didn't want to be just the best RB, but the best football playe out there. Remembering 9th Ward and high school coach that helped him in making important decisions.

Chris Hanburger - Can see Billy Kilmer because of the full head of gray hair. When thinking of the cost of bringing all of his family members to the induction he thought about selling some of his speaking time, and went through each inductee. Excellent dry wit.

Deion Sanders “Since 1989, I’ve tackled every bill my momma has ever given me.” Placing the bandana on his bust. Thanking high school coach for kicking him, the QB off the team because of something the cafeteria worker said that he still denies. However, said that rarely happens today to star players. The story of how he became a punt returner. After telling his mom that he was going to be rich and she would never have to work again she told him fine, now get the lawnmower and get out there and cut the grass. Bringing seven busloads of kids to the ceremony.

Les Richter - Posthumously entered the hall of fame. Was once traded for 11 players.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #18
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow is right, that was an amazing speech. TBH I almost didn't click the link because I don't really care to hear those types of things unless it's a player that I really care about. Very glad I did though.

Thanks Wolf.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read