Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-08-2011   #21
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29231 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Owen Daniels!

Fans have overlooked Owen Daniels? Which fans?

I have been saying for the last few years that he's a key part of this team. When he went down, I sent message to a friend: "We're f----d." My friend responded that TE is a basic position and we will be fine.

No, we we'ren't fine. When it comes to OD, Tight end isn't a plug-and-play position. He and Matt have a connection. That is evident on the field.

Owen Daniels is a VERY important part of this team.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #22
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post

I have been saying for the last few years that he's a key part of this team. When he went down, I sent message to a friend: "We're f----d." My friend responded that TE is a basic position and we will be fine.

No, we we'ren't fine. When it comes to OD, Tight end isn't a plug-and-play position. He and Matt have a connection. That is evident on the field.

You're absolutely right about OD's importance to this team. But my point was that with all the talk surrounding the secondary and the defense in general, OD has been overlooked a bit. It's understandable because we were historically bad on defense last year so people will focus on that area most of the time. But OD is an integral part of this team and the connection he has with Schaub is extremely valuable and essential for us if we are to make the playoffs this year.
Old 08-08-2011   #23
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post

When od went out we missed him, but dreesen wasn't exactly chopped liver.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #24
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 251410 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I love Dreessen. Matt has said that he loves Dreessen because he works hard and he's always in the place he's supposed to be. That sort of consistency is very important.

But Dreessen is a pale, pale comparison to Owen Daniels. Owen, in this offense and healthy, is the best TE in the business. Bar none. When we have Owen and Andre and Matt on the field together and healthy, this passing offense clicks and it makes all the other receivers look better than they are. Combine that with a running game (Foster, Tate, and Ward), and this offense cannot be stopped. At least, not for long.

I'm hoping that Garrett Graham steps up and over Dreessen and becomes OD#2 forcing Dreessen into the #3 TE position.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #25
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

It would be unbelievable if we were to win the super-bowl this year. It would be a MIRACLE if OD was not a MAJOR factor in us winning it.
Old 08-08-2011   #26
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
His nickname from Wisconsin is The Weatherman, and I personally like that one much better.

(He has a meteorology degree).
Sure wish he'd work some of his magic on the weather here! I'm SICK of all this heat. Come on OD!! Bring on the RAIN!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #27
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no doubt that the season would have ended with a playoff appearance, at least. As it was we missed out because the Colts turned off the motor at halftime to let the Jets get in instead of us. I will go to my grave with the belief that the Colts wanted to see us in the playoffs about as much as the Browns enjoyed visiting with the Broncos back in the 80s.

We were 5-3 after the Bills game and went on to lose 4 straight close contests against division opponenets. With him I say we win the 2 home games at least. We finish 11-5 and get the #1 wildcard spot. I think the Colts beat the Jets in that last game so they finish with the #1 seed. We would have played a Pats team that we had just beaten and had lost its 2nd best receiver. It would have been in Foxboro, but that wouldn't have changed the outcome. Texans win again.

Now it's on to the Divisional Round. I think the Bengals beat the Ravens since they had swept them in the regular season. This means we play the Colts. In this new O.D. healthy scenario we won the game in Houston and almost won the game in Indy. We have the offense capable of keeping up with them. Plus, in the final 2 games of the regular season we gave some UDFA kid named Foster the starts. We all know what kind of destruction he had in plans when he played Indy next...so...... the Texans march into Indy and knock off the Colts.

Time to play for the AFC Championship. The Bengals lost to the Chargers in the regular season so I see no reason to change now. My run ends here, though. I don't think we would win on the road in S.D. That was a great team that year. They were actually a great team last year except for all the special teams issues.

Still, how much better would our lives be without that injury? OK. Maybe our lives wouldn't be affected, but imagine the 2010 season with O.D. healthy for the whole season. We would have been picking later and maybe we end up with McCourty instead of Jackson. A lot of his success could have been because he was in a better system, though. Making that kind of playoff run gives you confidence. Look at the Jets. They've done it twice now. I can't think of a bigger bunch of confident jack#$@es. So we take that and actually win 4 or 5 of those games that we lost (SD, Jax, Jets, Bal, Den). We win the division and host the Jets and win in front of the loudest game ever to be played in Reliant Stadium. We then would travel to Foxboro and I don't think the karma will continue for that year. The Pats beat us.

So...that injury cost us 5 playoff games including our first ever home game. At least that's how I see it in my universe.
Old 08-08-2011   #28
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
His nickname from Wisconsin is The Weatherman, and I personally like that one much better.

(He has a meteorology degree).
He also likes to MAKE IT RAIN!!!
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #29
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
I'm interested to see where Garrett Graham aka OD jr fits in this season.
I'm eager to see this as well especially after all the great comments by Kubiak last year. I want to see if this guy is worth the draft pick.

I like OD but I'm cautious about him due to his injury history. I was against OD's contract extension since Dreesen does a fine job replacing OD.

Last edited by Wolf6151; 08-08-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #30
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Dreesen is a fine player and i havbe absolutely no faults with him at all. But, it's clearly obvious how much better this offense is with a healthy OD on the field and i think last year could have been so much different had he really been 100% all year, despite our atrocious defense,

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read