Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-07-2011   #1
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Owen Daniels!

It's Sunday morning (for 5 more minutes at least) and I feel really excited about Owen Daniels. I feel as though he's been overlooked a bit by the fans this offseason, but this guy is clearly one of the top tight ends if not the top one in the league. When he got injured in 09 he was on his way to becoming an All-Pro at his position and he was just playing lights out. Hopefully, he'll finally have the kind of season like he was on pace for back in 09. So yeah, I think OD will finally have that huge year he's due and I think he'll play a big factor if we are to make the playoffs this year.

Last edited by Nawzer; 08-07-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Nawzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #2
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Owen Daniels!

His presence is critical.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #3
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Like I said 5 months ago when there was talk about not bringing him back:

Offense hasn't been the same since week 10 of 2009. OD is that dude.
Old 08-07-2011   #4
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I was at the Bills game when OD got injured, and I've never seen a more devestated player! His heart is HUGE and he gives 1000% all the time! He has that aura about him, like AJ, that screams confidence, and that's what is needed to win in the NFL.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I am very optimistic that OD will return to his pre-injury abilities. I am a big fan. However, if he can not, Dreesen is quite capable of being the starting TE. This is becoming the team with depth we have longged for.
Old 08-07-2011   #6
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Like I said 5 months ago when there was talk about not bringing him back:

Offense hasn't been the same since week 10 of 2009. OD is that dude.
Yep.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #7
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I am very optimistic that OD will return to his pre-injury abilities. I am a big fan. However, if he can not, Dreesen is quite capable of being the starting TE. This is becoming the team with depth we have longged for.
Dressen improved a lot last season, but OD just has that ability that only star players do. He has that presence in the offense and him making those big plays over the middle is a great asset for the team.
Old 08-07-2011   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I was extremely high on OD when we first got him. I think that I began to take him for granted.

He is a beast in every sense of the word. With he and dreesen, we could really give defenses fits in a two tight set.

With vickers and Casey at the fb spot it opens the possibility to pass or run out of that formation tremendously. If you leave vickers or Casey wide open they may pick up 20 yards instead of 8.

But yeah, all of that starts with od.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #9
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

There was a game last season (San Diego maybe) where we were coming back from behind (as was the script last year) where an entire drive was to OD. I remember him being so incredibly open on every play of that drive, which I never saw Dreesen being able to do. I'm hopeful that he's able to bring that every game this year. I see him being in the top 5 in tight ends again now that he's conditioned.
hradhak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #10
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 77 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

OD for President!!!LOL. He's been my favorite! If they had womens jerseys with his number on it, I'd be all over it! Just have men's as far as. Know!
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #11
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanfan4ever View Post
OD for President!!!LOL. He's been my favorite! If they had womens jerseys with his number on it, I'd be all over it! Just have men's as far as. Know!
Get it custom made (like my wife did).]
Old 08-07-2011   #12
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 77 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh good idea! Duh! Can't believe i didn't think of that! Thanks for helping!
Old 08-07-2011   #13
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

They call him Open Daniels cause he always seems to get open.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #14
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
LOVE IT!!!!!! He's a beast! Great athlete!
Old 08-07-2011   #15
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
His nickname from Wisconsin is The Weatherman, and I personally like that one much better.

(He has a meteorology degree).
Old 08-07-2011   #16
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I was extremely high on OD when we first got him. I think that I began to take him for granted.

He is a beast in every sense of the word. With he and dreesen, we could really give defenses fits in a two tight set.

With vickers and Casey at the fb spot it opens the possibility to pass or run out of that formation tremendously. If you leave vickers or Casey wide open they may pick up 20 yards instead of 8.

But yeah, all of that starts with od.
Props for recognizing and admitting that. I think people forget how good he is and how valuable he is to this offense, as evidenced by many of the threads posted around the time of his contract negotiations.
Old 08-07-2011   #17
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, OD is the real deal.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #18
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I'm interested to see where Garrett Graham aka OD jr fits in this season.
Old 08-08-2011   #19
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Props for recognizing and admitting that. I think people forget how good he is and how valuable he is to this offense, as evidenced by many of the threads posted around the time of his contract negotiations.
To be fair, od has really just started showing that he's back from his injury. Couple that with the fact he's had the same kind if injury two times before and surely you can see why some folks started devaluing him.

Or in my case, had forgotten just how good he is when he's on.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #20
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
His nickname from Wisconsin is The Weatherman, and I personally like that one much better.

(He has a meteorology degree).
Well, between the Rainmaker and the Weatherman, there should be plenty of dark skies ahead for opposing defenses.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read