Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-06-2011   #1
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default If you need a pick me up...

Click on this link and go to the defense!

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/depth-chart.html

Pretty friggin pathetic huh?
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011   #2
The Alchemist
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 The Alchemist is a Hall of FamerThe Alchemist is a Hall of FamerThe Alchemist is a Hall of FamerThe Alchemist is a Hall of FamerThe Alchemist is a Hall of FamerThe Alchemist is a Hall of FamerThe Alchemist is a Hall of FamerThe Alchemist is a Hall of FamerThe Alchemist is a Hall of Famer

It's outdated... And?
The Alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If you need a pick me up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
It's outdated... And?
The point is... that's the defense that we ended the season with and it's pretty much crap. Hopefully the new defense we field will be more talented and better.

Personally, I think it's too soon to tell. Let's wait until we see our guys on the field. And even then, remember that in the first couple of preseason games, our D didn't look bad.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011   #4
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Click on this link and go to the defense!

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/depth-chart.html

Pretty friggin pathetic huh?
So lets see, by my count, Okoye, Anderson, Bentley, Diles, and Pollard aren't even on the team. Nolan will likely will not be a starter and Jackson/Cody will be battling for their spot. So 8/11 positions will

Wow.

Wade changed this D in a hurry.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011   #5
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 13195 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

I am tentatively thinking that our defense will be better this year for one reason.

Teams will have no film to study on us in our current 3/4 defense.

I'm not sure how we will end up doing, but I'm buying a ****load of aspirin for my heart.

That's the one thing I do know!
Old 08-06-2011   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

We're facing a Jets team in preseason game 1 that is loaded for bear on offense.

Sanchez, Tomlinson, two many receivers to count (They also just signed Derrick Mason), a good TE, just really a good team overall.

That first game will be interesting.
Old 08-06-2011   #7
The Alchemist
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 The Alchemist is a Hall of FamerThe Alchemist is a Hall of FamerThe Alchemist is a Hall of FamerThe Alchemist is a Hall of FamerThe Alchemist is a Hall of FamerThe Alchemist is a Hall of FamerThe Alchemist is a Hall of FamerThe Alchemist is a Hall of FamerThe Alchemist is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
The point is... that's the defense that we ended the season with and it's pretty much crap. Hopefully the new defense we field will be more talented and better.

Please...tell me more

The Alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-06-2011   #8
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

.............Anyhoo..........

From this at one point last year:

LDE Antonio Smith
DT Amobi Okoye
DT Shaun Cody
RDE Mark Anderson

OLB1 Brian Cushing
MLB Kevin Bentley
OLB2 Zac Diles

LCB Glover Quin
RCB Kareem Jackson
SS Bernard Pollard
FS Troy Nolan

To possibly this come week 1:

LDE: Watts
NT: Cody/Mitchell
RDE: Smith

SOLB: Barwin
SILB: Cushing
WILB: Ryans
WOLB: Mario

LCB: Kareem/Allen
RCB: Joseph
SS: Quin
FS: Manning
Nickel: Harris?
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011   #9
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
We're facing a Jets team in preseason game 1 that is loaded for bear on offense.

Sanchez, Tomlinson, two many receivers to count (They also just signed Derrick Mason), a good TE, just really a good team overall.

That first game will be interesting.
It means nothing GP! BUT, it will be fun to watch! Kinda wish we played them in reg season just so we could seek revenge!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011   #10
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
I am tentatively thinking that our defense will be better this year for one reason.

Teams will have no film to study on us in our current 3/4 defense.

I'm not sure how we will end up doing, but I'm buying a ****load of aspirin for my heart.

That's the one thing I do know!
Methinks milady makes a pretty good point here.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #11
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

peyton will do homework on wade. i hope our defense is ready.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #12
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8236 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Its pre season so it doesn't mean ****. The starters will probably play a series at most so thats not really a gauge of how good or bad they will be once the season starts. I heard that Wade keeps it vanilla as possible in pre season so I don't want to see anyone blowing a gasket if they don't play well next week.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #13
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Rep Power: 13195 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
Its pre season so it doesn't mean ****. The starters will probably play a series at most so thats not really a gauge of how good or bad they will be once the season starts. I heard that Wade keeps it vanilla as possible in pre season so I don't want to see anyone blowing a gasket if they don't play well next week.
New here? LOL J/K ....
Old 08-07-2011   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
New here? LOL J/K ....
Look how the Cowboys D did against our O in preseason last year and how things changed in the regular season. I know you were joking, but I got a feeling that Wade's gonna look like in the preseason games....and I'm fine with that. Let em' watch film on that, LOLz.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #15
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Look how the Cowboys D did against our O in preseason last year and how things changed in the regular season. I know you were joking, but I got a feeling that Wade's gonna look like in the preseason games....and I'm fine with that. Let em' watch film on that, LOLz.
After the 1st preseason loss last year I jokingly said "fire everybody", how soon that thought came to fruition!

But yes, that loss was devastating.
Old 08-07-2011   #16
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8236 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

All message boards are like that you can insert any team in the blanks and play a scrimmage or pre season game and if they don't win 50-0 every poster on their is going ape **** and ready to fire the coaching staff and trade every player on the roster.

Its pretty funny when you think about it. It does make for some good comedy.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #17
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 16898 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmm... still waiting on that pick me up.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read